Play YouTube video button
Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

easy going
Poor management with a lack of communication, ideal job for some people and you have to be natural in caring, hence the large turnover of new employees.
Doing rosters, dealing with Carers
I enjoyed dealing with the Carers and the Clients. I had been a Carer myself so I knew what was going on behind the sceens and I could understand the Carers and their problems
i love being a care assistant
I'm the person responsible for making somebody's life easier my job helps people. typical day can be anything I work with wheelchair bound clients who need to be moved with the use of a hoist .some clients are bed ridden and I take care of their personal needs .like contince care and personal hygiene. my co workers and managers are there to help out when ever I may need them or if I'm not sure about something they will help . would like to have more chance of advancement . I am currently doing fetac 5 so pretty tired at end of day but so worth it
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
traveling
My day was random, ranging from an hours visit to four/five hours care to clients.

Always had support from the girls in the office.
Pros
Training
Cons
Random hours
Carers workplace
Shifts are 30 minutes.

I learnt how to take care of old people. At the training programme for comfort keepers I learnt how to lift boxes and clients correctly and I also learnt what to do if an emergency occurred.

Time management and being organised is extremely important as a carer.

I work independently when I visit clients. Thus, I don't have co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is getting attached to clients and then e.g. they go into a nursing home and then you do not get to see them again.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you assisted a client with tasks while maintaining their dignity and respect.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Short hours
loved the job but bad hours 6 day per week
enjoyed working with the clients love the elderly but the hours were really badly laid out starting at 8.45 am and not finishing until 9 pm and maybe just working 3 or 4 hours in that day for eg doing 30 minutes then nothing for 4 hours then back out for 1 hour then home again then waiting around for your next job, very difficult.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad hours and had to drive from house to house using my own petrol
Comfort keepers
I loved working in comfort keepers meeting clients, helping them with their day to day life in any way I could, clocking in, preparing meals, desserts, tea, washing, just having a nice chat with them listening to them and making them feel comforted, record all my duties or concerns in the record book and reporting to my manager if necessary, work on my own or as part of a team. Hardest part of the job leaving them alone. Best part of the job is when a client tells you they are so thankful that they were able to stay in their own home thanks to you and its just a feel good job for me being able to help others, treat them as I would like to be treated.
Pros
nice job
Cons
not long enough in a home, driving your own car and using own petrol
nice and friendly environment
brilliant and rewarding job, not much contact with office, mainly revolves around clients. best part of the job is knowing you make a difference.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
awkward hours.
what i'm looking for
looking for a job in healthcare assistant in a hospital our nursing home. i'm open to any other area and job title also i the healthcare sectore
Enjoyable and challenging job
Love this type of work no matter how hard. Not enough work in my area at the moment.
Currently working for Home Instead in Roscommon Hospital part time.
Pros
Job satisfactiom
Cons
Not enough work in my area
The management are all very nice to deal with. I have learned alot about the business. My co-workers were very nice to work with. The hardest part of the job is feeling helpless in some situations where you cannot help someone who obviously needs it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a position to help someone who needs it and feeling like you have made a difference to someones day.
Cons
Poor life/work balance.
Good Productive
When there is short of staff, I learnt differenet trainings about taking care of the clients, good co-worker working as a team, when something go wrong, carrying out good work the clients.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
25 to 35 hours
Fair and well managed
As a carer with comfort keepers I am very happy. I do not have much interaction with other carers but my co-ordinaters are extremely helpful and I know if I ever have any problems all I have to do is pick up the phone. They are always very understanding and make sure the carers are happy as well as the clients. The clients are very nice and so is their families. I really enjoy working for comfort keepers as they are a great agency to work for.
Pros
flexible hours
Its a very nice work place to be in, lots of help and training on hand, with excellent team work.
visiting the people in their homes and known you there to help them anyway you can a smile on their faces and a story puts a smile on my face known you going to make a big difference to their day is very rewarding.
What i learned is life is very short and should be lived and if i can give a little help and happiness to those who need it well im very previlaged to be in this sector of employment