Compass Group Ireland

Compass Group Ireland Employee Reviews

Worked as catering assistant for 3 years i enjoyed it , management was really nice good work atmosphere and free lunches. Provided woth training before you start
Worked in the lounge at Dublin airport. Horrible. You will receive no support from your managers. And for a certain manager (woman) uses bad language at staff and made everyone feel anxious when she was working. A bully if you ask me. Had 11 complaints and they just moved her to the office. Which she still continued to come out to the ‘work zone’ HR doesn't care and they don’t even give you a good reference they only say that you worked there.
Pros
Leaving the job
Cons
10:50 an hour. Awful management
Compass puts money first and doesn't care about its people. You will receive no support from your colleges or your managers. In fact expect to be bullied and harassed at work - this was the daily grind for me. HR doesn't care, quite the opposite they encourage managers to bully staff out that they want to get rid off. Think twice before you take job, it will save you your sanity!
Pros
Free leftover food from clients some times
Cons
minimim wage, no benefits such as healthcare insurance, bonus, pension etc. No pay raise ever.
I enjoy working with compass group the team leaders are friendly other employees are open and willing to help in time of need. I didn't have great experience before working with the compass group and the staff did nothing but fully help and cooperate with me this boosted my confidence in the workplace.
Pros
fair hours
Cons
expensive lunch
My manager was fantastic, but the head chef was a bully. There was cliches and little pockets of small minded bullies that all worked days. Childish behaviour and he said she said mentality
I had fun great to work for enjoyed my time with Compass great company good life balance and friendly managers and staff good quality and high standards
I definitely enjoyed the atmosphere in pramerica, I met some really lovely people which I still connect with today. It is a very company with lots of different opportunities.
Mainly given jobs at random. Even though you are asked for your desired place to work/last place you have worked there, they rarely take it into consideration. Coworkers are usually friendly and pleasant but I have worked for over 2 years and the employers I would be in contact with often still don't remember my name. Have no regard for recycling etc. the waste is truly disgraceful. Little hours available and hours usually change on the day than to what you are given. Leadership roles which have largely been picked at random are mainly male dominated.
This employer does not give much training to their employees. They expect high standards from employees but next to no training is given. They are very hard to contact with any problems.
I enjoyed working for the compass group as the hours an days were very flexible and lunch could be provided while working with an extra cost of course
I was a cashier working when needed at hurling games or concerts in Cork Stadium. Job wasnt too demanding and the atmosphere was always enjoyable. Very well organised.
Pros
Opportunity to see concerts and sport games
Cons
Occasional job
Treated as a name on a sheet. They just needed bodies to do the work they weren't really interested in skills. Progression seemed to be accidental, I was moved around doing different jobs every week.
Pros
Easy flexible work
Cons
Impersonal
Overall good experience with the company. Working in the Aviva stadium is not your normal 9-5. Would recommend for students as you can pick the shifts you are able to work.
Pros
Free lunch, sometimes free tea coffee.
Cons
Not consistent work due to the nature of the stadium
Working for Compass and in the Aviva Stadium has helped me gain experience in different areas, as the job role changes frequently. Duties include bar work, cashier and food production
No support. Communication is not great. No appreciation No option to make bonus as based on all sites reaching targets Senior management not good
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Monday to Friday position 7am-4pm is a dream. Previous background in Hotels so having evenings and weekends off is something never thought possible! Great company to work for and promote from within
I have learned some great skills such as using a til, pulling pints and changing a keg. I have also learned how to interact with customers on a regular basis. It is not a particularly difficult job and is easy to get very quick at what you do. I have met some great people who really make the work day enjoyable.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
As my first official job, I found working with Compass Group to surprisingly be a very enjoyable experience. I learned a lot about efficiency in the workplace and how to deal with customers in a correct and professional manner.The workplace culture was very productive although relaxed. The hardest part of the job would have to be making sure you always give out the right change to customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is generally just the interaction I get to make with each customer, putting a smile on peoples faces if I can!
This is a good company to start a new job in dublin, minimum wage, very hard job (if you start in the kitchen) you have to work long hours , good colleagues.
Pros
good to start
Cons
minimum wage
Compass group can be a good place to work. Their current focus is on increasing ad growing the GP% . The current ethos is on this primary focus with Brexit looming
Terrible company to work for. I hate every single second of my life...Double standards....People constantly sick. I wouldnt recommended it to my worst enemies