Compass Group Ireland Employee Reviews

fun great to work for
Catering Services Manager Cork (Current Employee) –  Cork23 January 2020
I had fun great to work for enjoyed my time with Compass great company good life balance and friendly managers and staff good quality and high standards
Dull workplace with little opportunity to grow
Bartender/Server/Cleaner/Anything (Current Employee) –  Cork27 September 2019
Mainly given jobs at random. Even though you are asked for your desired place to work/last place you have worked there, they rarely take it into consideration.
Coworkers are usually friendly and pleasant but I have worked for over 2 years and the employers I would be in contact with often still don't remember my name.
Have no regard for recycling etc. the waste is truly disgraceful.
Little hours available and hours usually change on the day than to what you are given.
Leadership roles which have largely been picked at random are mainly male dominated.
Bad employer
Food preparation and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 June 2019
This employer does not give much training to their employees. They expect high standards from employees but next to no training is given. They are very hard to contact with any problems.
flexible hours
Retail (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 April 2019
I enjoyed working for the compass group as the hours an days were very flexible and lunch could be provided while working with an extra cost of course
Great part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cork26 April 2019
I was a cashier working when needed at hurling games or concerts in Cork Stadium. Job wasnt too demanding and the atmosphere was always enjoyable. Very well organised.
Pros
Opportunity to see concerts and sport games
Cons
Occasional job
Impersonal
Barman (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 December 2018
Treated as a name on a sheet. They just needed bodies to do the work they weren't really interested in skills. Progression seemed to be accidental, I was moved around doing different jobs every week.
Pros
Easy flexible work
Cons
Impersonal
Exciting, busy workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 November 2018
Overall good experience with the company. Working in the Aviva stadium is not your normal 9-5. Would recommend for students as you can pick the shifts you are able to work.
Pros
Free lunch, sometimes free tea coffee.
Cons
Not consistent work due to the nature of the stadium
Productive and Positive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 August 2018
Working for Compass and in the Aviva Stadium has helped me gain experience in different areas, as the job role changes frequently. Duties include bar work, cashier and food production
Not good company
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  IE14 August 2018
No support.
Communication is not great.
No appreciation
No option to make bonus as based on all sites reaching targets
Senior management not good
Pros
Lunch
Compass Group
Catering & Hospitality General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 August 2018
Monday to Friday position 7am-4pm is a dream. Previous background in Hotels so having evenings and weekends off is something never thought possible! Great company to work for and promote from within
Fun workplace
Cashier/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 July 2018
I have learned some great skills such as using a til, pulling pints and changing a keg. I have also learned how to interact with customers on a regular basis. It is not a particularly difficult job and is easy to get very quick at what you do. I have met some great people who really make the work day enjoyable.
Pros
Great opportunity
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cork11 May 2018
As my first official job, I found working with Compass Group to surprisingly be a very enjoyable experience. I learned a lot about efficiency in the workplace and how to deal with customers in a correct and professional manner.The workplace culture was very productive although relaxed. The hardest part of the job would have to be making sure you always give out the right change to customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is generally just the interaction I get to make with each customer, putting a smile on peoples faces if I can!
Good to start
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, County Dublin8 May 2018
This is a good company to start a new job in dublin, minimum wage, very hard job (if you start in the kitchen) you have to work long hours , good colleagues.
Pros
good to start
Cons
minimum wage
Focus culture
Business Excellence Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 March 2018
Compass group can be a good place to work. Their current focus is on increasing ad growing the GP% . The current ethos is on this primary focus with Brexit looming
Absolutely Joke
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 February 2018
Terrible company to work for. I hate every single second of my life...Double standards....People constantly sick. I wouldnt recommended it to my worst enemies
Comfortable workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry13 July 2017
The location was perfect and familiar, as I was attending the college that the store was located inside. This meant that I was never late for work as I was always in the building.

The evenings were usually quiet, save for when classes would finish on the hour every hour.

I learned a lot about being a barista and it gave me an interest in the position, as well as a passion.

The management were friendly and understanding when speaking with them.

The only difficulty I faced is when I had my college timetable changed in the new semester and I could not get my hours changed, meaning I fell behind in my studies in that class.
Pros
Close to college
Cons
Because of classes, days would be usually a 12 hour busy day for me.
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 July 2017
The division of Compass Group that I work with are in charge of running the Aviva stadium. The staff is great and so diverse, as they hire people of all backgrounds & ethnicity.

The perks include:
Flexible hours due to the fact as part time staff you can accept shifts with other responsibilities in mind and reasonably decline shifts with due notice.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work frequency
thanks for everything
Kitchen Porter - Cashier - Catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway7 June 2017
I thank God for giving me this great opportunity to work 4 years with super professional people, friends that I will never forget, a serious company, which helped me and taught me every moment I worked with them, My manager who trusted in Me for all that time.I have all supported professional and personal, and I was provided great professional growth. Thank you so much for everything.
Very good
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aviva5 February 2017
Great place to work wonderful people make you feel very welcome very good atmosphere all and all I loved working here and i learned a lot of things during my time their
Pros
Free lunches
Fun workplace,fast paced environment
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 November 2016
I enjoy the job because it's never slow always busy and it kills time.i also like working in the aviva as the matches on show interest me and the management sometimes allow me to watch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.