Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

Ireland97 reviews

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,723 reviews

Not the worst

Not the worst company to work for, my line manager was the nicest manager i had and the people I worked with were amazing, it's not everyday you get an amazing work crew. The work load is alot especially when short staffed. The pay is not the best if your front of house or a kitchen porter.

Catering

It is a good temp job but not a job you should keep.It's better to move on to something different all catering companys are sadly the same, unfortunately.

Pros

Easy hours

Cons

No lunch

Good job but very toxic people.

Job itself really good . Physically demanding but I take it as a benefit. I like it.Very toxic environment though. Horrible management and supervisors. Looking for another job already. To stressful, not worth it.

Are you Irish?

They change your location without your concern, they protect and promote Irish people (all executive chefs are Irish) they promoted someone who has no experience at the role or promoted executive chef who doesn't know how to cook. The rules are different it's dependent if they like you or not. You have to do overtime without payment otherwise they start to treat bad and start to making jokes.

good salary and benefits

depending on the client you are going to work with it is a good place to work with some benefits, good salary and hours... really busy environment, sometimes stressfull ...

Poor management

Review based on one large manufacturing site.Not a fair reflection on company as a whole.Staff are great. Management was toxic. Understaffed and constantly under pressure. No thanks for the hard effort put in.

Cons

Underappreciated, no thanks, constantly being put down

Beware of what you sign up for. Team building and Trust is NOT not an attribute that the company appreciates.

Just look at their Staff turnover rate, absolute mess. I grown to learn that when organisations like this advertise constantly, despite not securing new contracts, stay away. Those General Managers that are in a particular client’s site for long periods are guilty of the above statement. They are too busy providing lip service and throwing people under the bus

Pros

Very loyal staff

Cons

Bad, very bad Management(Leader)

Busy, easy to make friends.

Lovely and understanding managers. Very fun environment and fun work dealing with customers and other workers. Loved the whole experience and I was very nervous to start but ended up being great and quite relaxed.

Pros

Good experience dealing with customers.

Cons

Unpaid lunches, money taken away for lunch bag (sandwich and an apple), underpaid if not promoted to team leader. Team leader application can take months

Job is great a lot of negative things but not all bad

Fast paced and lovely staff to work with just over the top and always pulled on tiny things like a sticker under your sticker for dating and another thing is management has no idea how hard you work and supervisors take pictures of tiny faults you go home wondering what tomorrow your pulled on It’s abit beyond human Manager is a nice individual and a good enough boss just expects abit much and see how hard one works . Supervisor is always on back

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No advance or being appreciated at times

Avoid this company my experience with them was so negative.

Worked in airport. Staff always criticised never praised for hard work and initiative. Apart from 2 lovely managers but in this company the good people always leave as they did. Managers and supervisors under high pressure and took it out on staff. People with zero morale, bullying, low morale, staff in tears/walking out. No reward for hard work, same people getting the employee of the month award all the time while other equally good staff overlooked. Staff humiliated, bags checked for theft. Unbalanced enemployable people working there. It's simple really - treat staff well and a company will reap the rewards 1000 fold. On the plus side I love my work in a busy exciting environment once im.left to get on with it. I love my customers and got great experience. But toxic work environment staff encouraged to report each other but invaluable hospitality experience and the difficult people there toughened me up no end for future roles where lockdowns and many job offers had made me reevaluate my self worth and i will be more assertive going forward not allow anyone to take advantage of my kind and soft nature simply because they are bad managers with zero people skills in building up a happy team

Cons

Bad staff morale

Enjoyed my time with Compass

I was very happy during my time in Compass. I was treated well, supported and paid well. I had a good work life balance. I would happily work for Compass again.

Pros

Good training

Stressful and hard job

Many different things. Permanently problem with staff. Very hard job. You need to to everything there. You can't leave the place until your job is done.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long houers

great place for self-development and carrier progress

As a manger it is a bit tricky, as you have to oversee the service, standards, customers, employees request, plus the finances, HR, trainings, HACCP, HSE. So many tasks. However, there is always a support if you are not sure, either in your Operation manager or support team. I learned a lot on my journey. It is great company to work for. I am highly recommending for a hardworking professional candidates, who are willing to learn and planning their future in large multinational company.

Pros

Perks discounts, L&d, Support

Cons

Pension contribution after 5y

Poor Employer

Worked with the company for a good few years and seen a lot of changes, unfortunately they don't want to listen about problems or let head office know what is really going on. It is a tough job and high turn over of staff in the larger sites not so much in the smaller ones.

Pros

Free lunch.

Cons

Long hours, no overtime payments, always told that could loose job.

Avoid this company

Stresfull job not good money Using people to the limitsMess with peymentsNo respect for staff

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No respect for staff. No good money. Stressfull job

Stay clear

One of the worse employers out there , they want nodding dogs who sit when they r told too ! No respect for employees, senior management are extremely unprofessional as is human resources management. No loyalty!!

Pros

Free food

Cons

Poor management

Not a good place to work

Worked in the lounge at Dublin airport. Horrible. You will receive no support from your managers. And for a certain manager (woman) uses bad language at staff and made everyone feel anxious when she was working. A bully if you ask me. Had 11 complaints and they just moved her to the office. Which she still continued to come out to the ‘work zone’ HR doesn't care and they don’t even give you a good reference they only say that you worked there.

Pros

Leaving the job

Cons

10:50 an hour. Awful management

a positive experience, hard work and fun in a fast pased environment

I found working in Compass to be interesting and challenging. members of management staff were helpful and friendly. I enjoyed my time working as a bar staff and in food kiosk. wearing a uniform for work was good, the method of queuing for it was not so good! Team work was paramount and even though the majority of other staff were younger than myself, I got on well with them. the most difficult part was the money balancing at the end of the shift. chatting to other staff while waiting on final tally as my feet started to complain at that stage!

Pros

friendly environment

Cons

queues

Good company

Worked as catering assistant for 3 years i enjoyed it , management was really nice good work atmosphere and free lunches. Provided woth training before you start

worst workplace I had worked in my life - avoid!

Compass puts money first and doesn't care about its people. You will receive no support from your colleges or your managers. In fact expect to be bullied and harassed at work - this was the daily grind for me. HR doesn't care, quite the opposite they encourage managers to bully staff out that they want to get rid off. Think twice before you take job, it will save you your sanity!

Pros

Free leftover food from clients some times

Cons

minimim wage, no benefits such as healthcare insurance, bonus, pension etc. No pay raise ever.

I enjoy working with compass group the team leaders are friendly other employees are open and willing to help in time of need. I didn't have great experience before working with the compass group and the staff did nothing but fully help and cooperate with me this boosted my confidence in the workplace.

Pros

fair hours

Cons

expensive lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement