Concern Worldwide

Concern Worldwide Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews
It's a great company to work for, but management is hit or miss due to promotion policies.
Day to day activities include travelling and communicating with members of the public in a fast paced dynamic environment, often on a high street in a city center.
This job is suitable for students
If you don't successfully gain enough daily donations your job becomes pressurised and is not secure.

Although it can be fun and always different locations with paid travel it is a challenging role and 100% outdoor work in all conditions.
Concern is a good place to start your career and gain necessary skills. It being an agency usually means the progression is slow and as it is a non-profit don't expect a big wage. The highly transferable skills are well worth the years spent.
A very positive work environment. The kind of place that is friendly, pays well and allows flexible hours.
But also the kind of place you'll be fired from if you aren't hitting performance goals.
Its a great place to improve skills give back to the world and become a better person , go in the morning have a chat to my team make a coffee , sit down turn on the system and call our donor to engage with them
Great fun with great people thought me a lot and was very kind and giving towards there employees, would recommend to anyone looking to do more than just get paid help the work.
I really enjoyed my work here. On my trip, I felt extremely well looked after and it was very well planned. While working in the offices, Concern provided us with a huge amount of information and wee more than generous with their time and resources.
Pros
Taught us a lot
Cons
Didn't get to go much
This isn't for everyone. Be prepared from abuse from the public. The people I worked for were pleasant but their retention is terrible. You don't work on commission but you do have goals you have to reach of the amount of donors you get. This count starts immediately. There is no grace period of you trying to get your barrings. If you don't average a certain number of donors you are let go. Some do really well, some don't
Pros
weekends off, make your own schedule
Cons
Working outside no matter the conditions, abuse from the public.
Good place to work, management and staff are very friendly. Very much makes you feel like a part of a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be outside in the summer months. Its a great way to stay active.
Pros
Quarterly office parties
Cons
Long hours, no bathrooms.
- A lot of pressure and stress
- I learnt how to properly talk to the members of the public and have strategic conversations

- Management is not as good as it is said to be. The go way overboard

-Working place culture is perfect

- The hardest part of the job is that you never know if is going to be a good or a bad day. Fundraising is a bit trivial

- Enjoyed a lot my working mates. Support each other through out the whole day
Pros
Payment, coworkers, working experience
Cons
Management, supervisors
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Concern Worldwide?
It was a lovely place to work. Great people, culturally very open and work life balance is amazing.
Everybody was approachable and friendly, with regular employee meetings to update on organization's performance.
Pros
Regular concern events, Xmas party, free donuts on the go.
Cons
Not attractive career growth
As much as Concern try to tell you that you're not a salesperson they will push you to intimidate people into signing up with them. It's a very difficult job. Hours are long. Management is poor. Team leaders are pushy, insulting and not supportive.
As an organisation Concern Worldwide it a great place to work. The atmosphere is hardworking and friendly with everyone working towards the same goal.
great way to learn new skills
no day is the same so there was a lot of opportunities to be challenged, fun and friendly co workers
Esperienza in cui ho imparato molto. Ogni giorno lavoravo a diversi progetti ed eventi principalmente sportivi cercando di coinvolgere il maggior numero di partecipanti possibili.
Ottimi i colleghi di lavoro e i manager, rapporto straordinario ed informale con loro. La parte più difficile consisteva nel reclutamento dei partecipanti agli eventi, la più piacevole era la giornata dell'evento.