Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Under-staffed and lacked creativity
When I started there, things were good, but the higher management were forced to cut staff in order to meet the global brands targets. This resulted in higher stress levels across all departments and a drop in standards. On the other hand, I did work with some amazing people who had the company's best interests at heart.
Great opportunities if you work hard
When I first began working in the Conrad there was no clear path for advancement in the organisation but now there are numerous ways of creating a good reputation as a great employee through formal recognition whether it comes from fellow workers, guests, completing Hilton University courses, seeing your own 'hotel improvement' ideas come to fruition or taking part in charity fundraisers and other corporate events. If one is really ambitious one may sign up for 'General Management' program, 'Financial Management program' or ' Human Resources program' which run over several years. Pay can be very low at first and you may even be expected to work for nothing, if you are an intern. As an intern, any work done over and above your 40 hour week will be unpaid and may stretch to an extra 20 hours!. At the other end of the scale if you have been with the company for a few years and earn a good hourly rate and are a part-time employee you will likely only be offered a few hours every other week as preference is given to newer employees who the hotel can get to work for little or no remuneration. However for the newbies, after a year, better pay and benefits start to kick in and some of the individual hotel and larger corporate benefits can be very enjoyable. All in all if you are young and ambitious and don't mind making some sacrifices earlier in your career then Conrad Hotel and Hilton Hotels, in general, are a great place to work and make progress in your career. Good luck!
best place I work ever.
all people treat you always very well, the benefits are good. the environment was very good, everyone seemed always happy working, a good canteen for staffs.
Pros
free food, clean clothes, dynamic jobs.
Bom ambiente de trabalho
O dia de trabalho era dinâmico e agradável.
Aprendi a conviver com pessoas diferentes, respeitá-las e admirá-las pelo trabalho que realizam.

A direção/gerência sempre foi prestativa e aberta a conversas.

A parte mais difícil do trabalho era alcançar a rapidez necessária para executar o trabalho dentro do tempo estipulado.

A parte mais agradável do trabalho era a satisfação de ver a organização dos cômodos e o reconhecimento doa hóspedes pelo trabalho.
Pros
Refeição na Empresa
Cons
Horários em escala
Empresa dinâmica e agradável de se trabalhar
Aprendi uma nova profissão com gerência e colegas de trabalho prestativos em capacitar os funcionários!
Pros
Refeição na empresa
Cons
Instabilidade na carga horária
Fun workplace
There I've met good chefs,which they learned me how to cook the best breakfeast.And my collegs they show me how to work very fast and good.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short hours
best place to work
y typical day would start around 6.30 am allocating rooms,assigning staff members ,make sure staff knows what is duty of the day. 8 am carrying staff huddles When everyone is working ,walking around and checking public areas.Rest of the day continue checking rooms to make sure rooms up to 5 star standards,assisting and helping staff if required.Carrying with staff training or appraisals.
Different each day
Each night shift was different, depending on the number of guests and what functions were on.
Pros
free suits
Cons
no job sercurity
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Conrad Hotels & Resorts?