Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

When I first began working in the Conrad there was no clear path for advancement in the organisation but now there are numerous ways of creating a good reputation as a great employee through formal recognition whether it comes from fellow workers, guests, completing Hilton University courses, seeing your own 'hotel improvement' ideas come to fruition or taking part in charity fundraisers and other corporate events. If one is really ambitious one may sign up for 'General Management' program, 'Financial Management program' or ' Human Resources program' which run over several years. Pay can be very low at first and you may even be expected to work for nothing, if you are an intern. As an intern, any work done over and above your 40 hour week will be unpaid and may stretch to an extra 20 hours!. At the other end of the scale if you have been with the company for a few years and earn a good hourly rate and are a part-time employee you will likely only be offered a few hours every other week as preference is given to newer employees who the hotel can get to work for little or no remuneration. However for the newbies, after a year, better pay and benefits start to kick in and some of the individual hotel and larger corporate benefits can be very enjoyable. All in all if you are young and ambitious and don't mind making some sacrifices earlier in your career then Conrad Hotel and Hilton Hotels, in general, are a great place to work and make progress in your career. Good luck!
excellent team , strive to be great always , the leaders in this hotel are very experience , this hotel thought me everything I know today about the industry and how to work effectively .
I like working here. It's a job I didn't mind going to. Everyone speaks and I never really had an issue. Any minor problems that did arise I felt as though they were handled appropriately.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Team days
This company is a great place to work. I advice anyone who is interested as new candidate to come join us, and there is great opportunities for you. In the other hands, everyone can be inspired by using your talents or your goals and experienced in a diversity job positions.
Very good and very busy. Personally I would recommend this property. All employees are very helpful and fun to be with. Managers are also helpful and perfectly
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
One of the best experiences to work with Hilton company outstanding work environment great pay,benefits and really makes you feel welcome and part of the family
Pros
Lunch and uniform provided
Cons
No cons
Best hotel to gain experience and knowledge. The culture of Hilton is top knotch. Very busy hotel, right inside MOA complex. You'll get know more about luxury standard in the hotel industry.
It is my pleasure to work in any company as long as they are providing safe and friendly culture. Being passionate is one of my major goal when it comes to work, and i don’t look over the salary as long as i am capable to sustain my needs, rentals, bill it’s fine with me. Plus matching with motivation and fast paced work community is another way proving myself that i can do better at work
Pros
Safe, friendly, and good company
Cons
Far away from home
enjoys being part of a team and is always willing to learn new skills as well as other methods of working. Have good communication skills and possesses an excellent attitude to work. Is a very energetic and self-motivated individual looking for a position in a busy environmental.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short breaks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Conrad Hotels & Resorts?
It is highly stressful place to work and in one words everything is unfair.Even though it represents a globally successful brand it does not meet any of the given standards. Decisions are made based on likes and dislikes not on your competency level.
May be the job is stressful. But the work place is very enjoyable, good team, managers are best at their work, crazy vibe, good foods and facilities..
Everyday would be a challenge and learning on how will you create and curate authentic and wonderful experience to the guest and your co TM. Conrad Management supports and hone you with your skills, They also have trainings not only within the hotel but also International training. The most enjoyable part of the Job would be the engagement and interaction with the guest and the focused training by the Hilton worldwide group.
honestly,starting to work at the five star and luxury hotel is very stressful and difficult for me,i have no idea about duty and resposibility of a steward
Pros
on call steward for more than a month
Cons
and start my own regular sched after 1 month and 2 weeks
Hope they will good management. People that have concern in their employees .also hoping that they will be more benefits that motivates the employee all the people work in the company actually so they can enjoy the work.
I worked for the Conrad Indianapolis, both as full-time and part-time employee for over 13 years. It is an amazingly warm place to be, especially to work. They have low turnover as most staff are given the tools needed to advance and succeed. Upper management cares about their employees and it shows. I only left because I moved.
Conrad Hotels and Resort is a magnificent hotel to work for. Provide ample orientation and encourage to upgrade skill for better future. The HR department always organised birthday batch and yearly annual dinner for staffs
Pros
Provide Coffee and Tea Break
Cons
Accounting Department always had to work 1 - 2 hours longer.
Travailler au Conrad Hôtels & Resorts s’est découvrir un autre monde de travail des valeurs, respect, la juste valeurs de l’humain, l’esprit de famille dans la culture d’entreprise avec comme but la qualité aux services des clients et dans son lieu de travail
Il t’offre l’opportunité de te former et d’évoluer au sein de l’entreprise, suis arrivé grâce au Conrad Hôtel
Good place to work just waiting to go back from furlough from the Coronavirus good team members family-oriented atmosphere positive atmosphere fun place to work
HR is amazing, however do not apply for sales/marketing/catering or CS. toxic with cliques. DOSM was a nightmare he is allowed to shame you and make you feel horrible
When I started there, things were good, but the higher management were forced to cut staff in order to meet the global brands targets. This resulted in higher stress levels across all departments and a drop in standards. On the other hand, I did work with some amazing people who had the company's best interests at heart.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! The absolute rock bottom low point in my 10 year history. Understaffed and overworked. I frequently did 12+ hour shifts to be a "team player", but was not given anything in return except remorse and a paycheck. I was asked (more than once) to work off the clock, which I refused.

A hotel that goes through 3 executive chefs in less than 2 years says more about upper management incompetence than the chefs themselves. One chef confided in me this was the worst job in their working history too.

HR Director asked a colleague of mine who was being laid off to sign a voluntary resignation form as a shady way of trying to escape paying unemployment. When questioned, the director's response was "Oh, that must have gotten there by accident"

Management was notified several times about poor ventilation conditions in one of the kitchens. Refused to fix until an OSHA report was filed.
Pros
Pay/Benefits good but not much different from other city hotels
Cons
Poorly managed, poor work/life balance