Corrib Oil

Corrib Oil Employee Reviews

Ireland32 reviews

Fast paced

Very faced paced. Time goes quickly. Early start, late finish. Can advance fast as staff turn over is high, nature of business managers are there for long time

good

fast paced, busy, hard work, customers can be nice. It is a good place to work in but it all depends on the staff. you will spent most of it stacking shelves, serving customers etc.

Pros

free lunches

Very stressful.

The staff and management are really nice people and I enjoyed working with them but too much work and not enough staff. Should be paid a fair wage for the workload but that isn't the case.

Busy and enjoyable place to work

An enjoyable company to work in for those who enjoy a fast paced work environment . The company has good core values with its own unique culture.Progression though the company is available to those with the ambition to do so. Good remuneration and extras available to workers. Highly recommend this company as an employer.

Pros

Bonuses and daily food allowance

Cons

Getting skilled workers

Worst place

Some staff are lovely and others not so much. Management is a joke and don’t know how to do their job.if your not liked you will know about it. Some staff and management are rude to other staff and sometimes customers.

Pros

€10 food allowance Paid break

Cons

Long hours. Stressful Just not a nice place to work in general

Not a good experience, only enjoyed the friends I made

Extremely fast paced and hard work with little or no leadership. Always short staffed and over worked. Certain shifts carry most of the work load while others get away with doing very little.

Pros

Free lunch/coffee

Cons

Understaffed and underpaid

Productive and fun workplace

I worked in Corrib Oil for 1 year the management and staff were very easy going and made the job enjoyable I made so many new friends which made it easier to go to work I learned loads of new useful things like cooking new things and the correct way to chop foods highly recommend working in Corrib Oil

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Busy place

0/10 not a good idea

Horrible place to be . manager a joke. Nothing never right. Best part of day going home. Will let staff go if need be. Not a nice place personally but each to there own

Pros

Cons

Money

Very busy but all staff are there supporting each other

Working in corrib was busy most of the time, the team work is great we all supported each other when it was very busy all the staff were friendly an very helpful.

Pros

Near home

Cons

Horrible company to work for

This company are horrible to work for! For a start they don't pay their staff well, €10.20 for deli staff (minimum wage is €10.10) I was taken on for a managers role and was told I'd be on "trainee rate" at €11 per hour, while nobody was training me. And being constantly watched by the bosses I was told I wasn't "showing them enough skills" even though I was doing the managers job when he wasn't there and the assistant manager wasn't doing their job! I was training staff even though I wasn't paid for. You are constantly expected to stay on after you finish and not be paid for overtime! The area managers are constantly coming saying they want all the stalls full and the deli full of food, even though we were throwing out nearly 100kg per week of waste! They then told us we couldn't hire more staff because we weren't making enough money! They weren't giving us full time hours even though it was a full time role, we were lucky to get 36 or 37 hours a week! I was then "let go" with no explanation because I "didn't show enough skills" for my manager job which I was told I had and given no notice. A joke of a company! And to top it all off the area managers who were supposed to be over me didn't even come down to "let me go" they called the store manager to tell me. Pure cowards!

Productive and fun workplace

A day includes working on the tills keeping shelves stocked and the shop looking tidy. Management is nice to work under. Everyone there is friendly and there is a good atmosphere between the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is chatting to customers and helping them is rewarding. The hardest part of the job is cleaning duties such as cleaning the toilets.

Great company, excellent team

Corrib Oil is a face paced working environment that is very grateful and rewarding to its customers and employees. All staff and management are friendly and conscientious. The days fly by as they are busy and they give all staff a food allowance for delicious food. There are also great prospects for advancement within the company and managers are extremely helpful especially with the rota. Great company and work environment in general.

Excellent!

I have been working in Corrib Oil in Tralee for the past year as a Deli Assistant behind chopped. When I started I was completely clueless and received tones of help from all management inside there. Brilliant place to work for along side a brilliant team. Never had any problems and if I had all have been seen too. Would totally recommend working for this company it gives you many of opportunities and has really brought me out as a person in the past year.

Unbelievably excellent people/place/company to work for.

Can't recommend working for this company enough ▪︎ Excellent rate of pay ▪︎ Very easy-going management + extremely knowledgeable ▪︎Working for Corrib Oil Comapny for 2 years now and genuinely can't see myself leaving anytime soon ▪︎Site safety and excellent customer service is very important in this firm

Horrible place to work

This company are horrendous to work for. Not one bit accommodating and the bullying is something else would definitely not recommend it to anyone to work here.

Poor management

I enjoyed the actual work in the deli: customers were great to deal with 99% of the time, coworkers were decent and easy to get on with, and the days go quick as you're always kept busy. The deli manager is an absolute disgrace in this particular location however. She seemed to think there was nothing wrong with shouting and roaring at you in front of customers, often using bad language. Total coward of a woman who does nothing for the image of this company. If you're a hard worker, you will get more pressure put on you. Meanwhile the lazier workers seem to get away with doing the minimum, and worse, promoted. A shame as I liked working here otherwise. There's a reason why this company has a very high staff turnover. The management in Westport really need to stop driving the good workers out of the place.

NEVER AGAIN. Under constant scrutiny, camera surveillance. 15-20 mins break for 8-10 hours shift

Worked with corrib oil for a few years..NEVER AGAIN. Felt like you never got a day off. Always felt you had to be on call. Would be lucky to get 15 minutes of a break for long shift. Cameras constantly being watched from management making you feel like ur under extra surveillance.. i was made feel like i could never do enough. My mental health suffered while with this company

Work Hard Get Rewarded

Good company, Great Staff ! Get in get work done have a laugh and go home, if your a people’s person you will get on well, it will involve working weekends.

Excellent company

Excellent company if you are willing to work .great benefits paid breaks .food allowance Staff treated well . Advancements available throughout the company

Overworked and undertrained

Ask for all the training you can get and don't let management tell your you'll be fine if your not confident. Also make sure your prepared to do overtime often.

Pros

Okay wage

Cons

Bad work atmosphere and overworked

Deli assistant

Extremely busy work environment, lovely customers, short breaks, on your feet all day, experience cooking new foods..mixture of undervalued staff and overvalued management. Too many bosses! Food area manager hasn't a clue and walks around like he owns the stores. Rota is not far enough in advance that you cannot plan your next week. Constantly called when you are on your day off to cover someone not coming to work. No work/life balance here. Manager was over critical and didn't follow her own "constructive criticism"... Lasted little over 3 months here after thinking a few times of leaving...

Pros

Paid breaks and nice fresh food

Cons

Feels like you have no time off. High staff turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corrib Oil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement