Corrib Oil

Corrib Oil Employee Reviews

Ireland23 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
A day includes working on the tills keeping shelves stocked and the shop looking tidy. Management is nice to work under. Everyone there is friendly and there is a good atmosphere between the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is chatting to customers and helping them is rewarding. The hardest part of the job is cleaning duties such as cleaning the toilets.
Horrible company to work for
This company are horrible to work for! For a start they don't pay their staff well, €10.20 for deli staff (minimum wage is €10.10)
I was taken on for a managers role and was told I'd be on "trainee rate" at €11 per hour, while nobody was training me. And being constantly watched by the bosses I was told I wasn't "showing them enough skills" even though I was doing the managers job when he wasn't there and the assistant manager wasn't doing their job!

I was training staff even though I wasn't paid for.

You are constantly expected to stay on after you finish and not be paid for overtime!

The area managers are constantly coming saying they want all the stalls full and the deli full of food, even though we were throwing out nearly 100kg per week of waste! They then told us we couldn't hire more staff because we weren't making enough money!

They weren't giving us full time hours even though it was a full time role, we were lucky to get 36 or 37 hours a week!

I was then "let go" with no explanation because I "didn't show enough skills" for my manager job which I was told I had and given no notice.

A joke of a company! And to top it all off the area managers who were supposed to be over me didn't even come down to "let me go" they called the store manager to tell me. Pure cowards!
Great company, excellent team
Corrib Oil is a face paced working environment that is very grateful and rewarding to its customers and employees. All staff and management are friendly and conscientious. The days fly by as they are busy and they give all staff a food allowance for delicious food. There are also great prospects for advancement within the company and managers are extremely helpful especially with the rota. Great company and work environment in general.
Excellent!
I have been working in Corrib Oil in Tralee for the past year as a Deli Assistant behind chopped. When I started I was completely clueless and received tones of help from all management inside there. Brilliant place to work for along side a brilliant team. Never had any problems and if I had all have been seen too. Would totally recommend working for this company it gives you many of opportunities and has really brought me out as a person in the past year.
Unbelievably excellent people/place/company to work for.
Can't recommend working for this company enough
▪︎ Excellent rate of pay

▪︎ Very easy-going management + extremely knowledgeable

▪︎Working for Corrib Oil Comapny for 2 years now and genuinely can't see myself leaving anytime soon

▪︎Site safety and excellent customer service is very important in this firm
Horrible place to work
This company are horrendous to work for. Not one bit accommodating and the bullying is something else would definitely not recommend it to anyone to work here.
Poor management
I enjoyed the actual work in the deli: customers were great to deal with 99% of the time, coworkers were decent and easy to get on with, and the days go quick as you're always kept busy.
The deli manager is an absolute disgrace in this particular location however. She seemed to think there was nothing wrong with shouting and roaring at you in front of customers, often using bad language. Total coward of a woman who does nothing for the image of this company. If you're a hard worker, you will get more pressure put on you. Meanwhile the lazier workers seem to get away with doing the minimum, and worse, promoted. A shame as I liked working here otherwise. There's a reason why this company has a very high staff turnover. The management in Westport really need to stop driving the good workers out of the place.
NEVER AGAIN. Under constant scrutiny, camera surveillance. 15-20 mins break for 8-10 hours shift
Worked with corrib oil for a few years..NEVER AGAIN. Felt like you never got a day off. Always felt you had to be on call. Would be lucky to get 15 minutes of a break for long shift. Cameras constantly being watched from management making you feel like ur under extra surveillance.. i was made feel like i could never do enough. My mental health suffered while with this company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Corrib Oil?
Work Hard Get Rewarded
Good company, Great Staff ! Get in get work done have a laugh and go home, if your a people’s person you will get on well, it will involve working weekends.
Excellent company
Excellent company if you are willing to work .great benefits paid breaks .food allowance
Staff treated well . Advancements available throughout the company
Overworked and undertrained
Ask for all the training you can get and don't let management tell your you'll be fine if your not confident. Also make sure your prepared to do overtime often.
Pros
Okay wage
Cons
Bad work atmosphere and overworked
Deli assistant
Extremely busy work environment, lovely customers, short breaks, on your feet all day, experience cooking new foods..mixture of undervalued staff and overvalued management. Too many bosses! Food area manager hasn't a clue and walks around like he owns the stores. Rota is not far enough in advance that you cannot plan your next week. Constantly called when you are on your day off to cover someone not coming to work. No work/life balance here. Manager was over critical and didn't follow her own "constructive criticism"... Lasted little over 3 months here after thinking a few times of leaving...
Pros
Paid breaks and nice fresh food
Cons
Feels like you have no time off. High staff turnover.
Stay away
I worked here for 2 months and everyday was too much, nothing good enough for them especially higher staff, constant complaining on work never good enough, only happy when your breaking your back carrying loads and struggling, all the moaning gets too much to brush off and also bad hours a 4 hour shift is not a days work, you could have 2-3 days one week, the next 5 days, no notice of rota, low staff morale, just don't go near them. Also not guaranteed breaks 2 15 minutes.
Pros
Food
Cons
Unhappy
Excellent location to work, fun, extremely busy and enjoyable.
Very good benefits and great job security

Gained a lot of valuable skills and confidence
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Difficult to finish on time
hard work for little pay
Very hard work and very little notice of your hours for the following week, asked to work on for no extra money.Coworkers very nice and helpful. On your feet all the time and breaks very short. Food provided at breaks.
Busy workplace.
A typical day at work would begin at 8 AM and end at 4PM. The day goes very quickly as theres so much to be done. The hardest part of the job is getting all of your set tasks done before the day is out as it is an extremely busy place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job is the hours, very solid, in early out early.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Conflict
fast paced and customer service based
Fast paced and totally customer based work. HACCP and manual handling training a requirement for this position. The main duties were food preparation and dealing with customer orders while keeping the clean as you go policy
Working as assistat deli Manager
I enjoyed my time here looking after a busy deli in a busy Petrol station/ convenience store. daily tasks included food preparation staff delegation customer service and various management tasks. I left due to lack of availability of career progression within the company
Great team support helpful and encouraging
Serve customers stock shelf's cash up tills keep store clean and tidy

Learned to do computerised ordering health and safety course completed

Management were very supportive and encouraged people to learn and advance their skills and work on own or in a team .

Co workers are friendly and hard working all help each other

Hardest part of job was late nights

Enjoyed working with the customers and helping people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Late nights
Productive, fast moving enivorment
typical day included submitting orders
dealing with reps

handling cash

being left in charge

learned everything I know to date from my manager on shop floor through experience of being left in charge.

stock rotation

date checking

handling of cash

opening up and closing the store

supervisor duties

customer complaints

orders

point of sales

price checking
Pros
paid lunches with free food
Cons
had none enjoyed my work there
Productive and relaxed workplace.
Gained a lot of retail experience in this busy filling station. Started at eight and finished at half four. A enjoyable job with a strong management.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Repetitive work