Costa Coffee
Coronavirus update
Information from Costa Coffee:

Costa Coffee Employee Reviews

Ireland53 reviews
One supervisor abusing his authority, just when I started, 2 weeks and I did to send my resignation because was impossible worked with her, the rest of the team was ok.
Wage is minimum no matter how many years you work there, but prices goes up twice a year. Bearly get your breaks which is unpaid. Managment has no professiolism at all in their roles. More cleaners then baristas. If not finished work on time have to stay longer till finished but not getting paid for it. Staff is mistreated and it keeps changing so often. HR doesn't care about any of the issues rised. Not recommending to anybody to work there, they'll peel your skin of you.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long shifts, unpaid over time, no payrise.
The only real positive I had was the people I worked with. Other than that You are on a terrible 3 hour contract and if you are very good at your job and work hard you are not rewarded. I was up for team leader 2 times in my year there and was passed up and when I requested a better full time contract they refused. You would worry constantly if you would get enough hours to afford your rent. Also you are always paid monthly regardless of your hours or position. Part-time or manager which I found ridiculous. Upper management are Overly strict on how the store is run and would micro manage every single detail. No creativity aloud. Managers have to run absolutely everything by head office and makes getting anything done frustrating and demeaning. I would not recommend anyone to work for them as they simply do not care about their employees one bit.
I worked in cost coffee for 2 years and I wish I left sooner. Where I was anyway it wasn’t good and the head office take no action what so ever on anything happening in the store. Don’t let a manager step all over you when half of the costa coffee managers don’t even know how to make coffee.
I would definitely not recommend working at Costa as the negatives definitely weigh out the positives. The shifts are very long, with the smallest break (If working a 9 hour shift, you get a 30 minute break). There is too much work overload on each individual, which means it's a constant stressful environment. It is usually understaffed (at least where I worked) due to management wanting to cut hours constantly. The salary is minimum wage which is ridiculous for the amount of work one person does in a day. The work environment is constantly negative, with higher management constantly criticizing our work, saying we are not upselling enough (i.e.charging the customer and extra €1.80 for cream, marshmallows and flake on a hot chocolate etc.) and following their ridiculous standards. There is no recognition when we do a good job, it is constantly negative, with no "well done" or "good job". The only thing that got me through this job for so long were the colleagues I worked with and the barista experience I got. Apart from that there's nothing else positive to say. If you're the type of person that handles stress very very well and doesn't mind being underpaid and overworked, go for it, but If you're not, then id say it's not worth your while.
Pros
Free drinks, barista experience
Cons
Long hours, Terrible salary, constantly criticized
It has been the time working at costa . Getting to deal with different people and getting educated in how to deal with different characters in a day and learn how to do the perfect coffee andsatisfying their needs
Pros
You get to learn how to problem solve and work with people with different cultures
Cons
Anything wrong that happens everyone of the team is responsible
Management couldn’t speak/write proper English, constantly raised voice In front of customers, deep rooted favoritism, false advertising for barista job when half the staff were only cleaners
I was made team leader after 2 months and was given very little training. I got all the closing shifts despite requesting some morning or mid-day shifts. Other team leaders got days and hours they wanted, I got whatever was left over. I always did Sundays opening and closing. Manager and other team leaders never did Sundays. I was asked to come in on days I had specifically booked off. Some team members are treated much better than others regardless of work ethic. Store managers and area managers are all friends so complaints get you nowhere. If a manager doesn't like you they will give you less hours or purposely give you difficult hours. Only a 30min break is given for a 9 and a half hour shift. After that you get an extra 15 minutes. Customers can speak to you any way they please no matter how rude or degrading, the manager will not defend you. I would never work for Costa again.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else
I was very pleased to work there, I was very pleased to meet the team, they were good conditions. It was in a quite calm place, and the people were quite pleasant.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costa Coffee?
Good fast paced job, stressful at times but with right staff work was enjoyable. from taking orders to counting till and delivering great coffee, there was a lot to do but was enjoyable overall.
I loved working in Costa,it was very dace paced an allergenic place to work.It was constantly growing and getting bigger and bigger every year and that was fun to be part of i loved interacting with old and new customers every day. Training all new staff,
I personally think that working is such a place like Costa should include a longer term break and more wedges than they are currently paying, Many thanks
Pros
No free items
Cons
Pretty good hours
Glad and happy with all the work I’m doing. Learning new things and opportunities for better understanding. Giving myself chance to achieve more and more.
Costa only pay minimum wage.. No matter how long you work for them unless you want to move up to team leader which gives you so much extra work for the small salary they give you.. The day to day team you hope its a good team at working or one person is left to do all the work. Its great to chat and have bants with your team. Your made as team leader to motivate the team for git money and no reward. Cleaning is huge, which is expected but hopefully you work witg clean people Would not go back to work for this company ever. If your polish youbwill do well as most of the area managers and head office has a polish team with them always.. Its great for chatting with new people and meeting people if your not flat out busy without breakd at times. Customers was the best thing about this job.
Honestly love working in this place, amazing team fun positive attitude. Lovely regulars who you really get to know. Excellent experience to learn business structure and brand standard. Management changes often however if you stay out of the drama you will be happy. Fair breaks. Discounted food and free drinks, only issue is monthly pay which can be a struggle. But over all very good experience and if you are willing to learn and work in a busy environment it is the place for you 😊
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Monthly pay
Staff are overworked and underpaid. Lunch breaks are minimal. Work 8-9 hour shifts with only 30 minutes break, which is badly needed as you are running around on your feet all day (no idea how they are getting away with doing this). Prices are continuously going up, but no increases in staff's wages. Full-time staff don't receive any extra wages on a Sunday. Constantly being told to cut staff's hours where possible. Lack of professionalism when communicating with certain employees at head office. Would not recommend anyone to work here as you'll be worked to the bone with little to show for it.
I hated working here the staff wore nasty and rude to customers no proper Health and safety followed no customer care followed the place is a disgust best thing I did was to leave
Fun fast paced and lively place to work . Managers were always helpfull kind and knew how to do their job . Extra hours always available if needed and also super understanding in areas such as your needs while pregnant and take safety quite serious :)
Pros
Helpfull management and team members, comunication, need a day off you will get it
Cons
Wages could be beter
great for a starter job if you want a great team there is no better then the mates you will make in costa a warm and friendly team in a fast enviroment
Costa Coffee is a friendly warm and relaxing cafe beautiful atmosphere to catch up with friends and family for the best cup of coffee in town served by the most amazing and friendly staff always willing to satisfy the customers that's why they have so many regular customers come back in for coffee day after day highly recommend it worked there over the busy Christmas period and couldn't have worked with nicer people
Pros
Discount o lunch
Cons
Sometimes long days on your feet
Work can be stressful at times but nothing serious. Great co-workers. Management is horrible, no respect for workers, they rather if you fear them, bullying is normal. Complains won't change anything, if manager doesnt like you they will give you 3h per week. I don't recommend anyone to work here, there is a reason why they are always looking for staff.
Pros
Free coffee, great co-workers
Cons
Horrible management, monthly pay