Costa Coffee

Costa Coffee Employee Reviews

Ireland104 reviews

Found 104 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,211 reviews

So much potential

I've loved my time at Costa. In my experience it's not too stressful. Some customers can be rude, as well as some staff.The job itself is relatively easy and I always recommend working at Costa to others.Stores are near always understaffed so open to close shifts alone with 1 other person can be stressful but it's possible. I truly miss my time at Costa but I had to leave as management was very rude.

Pros

Free drinks, that's about it.

Cons

No staff room, always understaffed, rare to not have someone higher up making your day worse.

Stressful

You have to be good at working under pressure and if you don’t learn how to make their drinks almost immediately after being trained once or twice then they will just make you do dishes the whole time

Worst to work for

Worked here for 4 years and never once received a pay raise or given any bonus. Management don’t care about your well-being and don’t care if you’re being bullied by higher staff.

Under Appreciated

Okay for starting off barista work but not worth it in my opinion. You're paid minimum wage, the place is understaffed and you will be overworked and expected to do more hours than you can. Worked in the Nutgrove branch and my tips mysteriously went missing... treated terribly when I asked the store manager about this and he said I was lying to get extra money! Went above and beyond during my time here and was never even thanked for any extra work I took on/starting shifts early etc. Managers took me needing less hours for college very badly even though I had let them know from the beginning that would be the case. Find somewhere else to work is my advice

Pros

Other staff excluding management, good to learn the basics of coffee

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, bad management, rude customers

Good for a while

Worked my way up to store manager and loved it for the first few years but all they care about is money, area managers are unprofessional and want to scare you into doing whatever they need done. Expected to work extra hours on salary with no extra pay or time back, bothered on your days off and holidays. Can’t call in sick or you’ll be made out to be the worst employee ever. No time to train staff, high turnover so the store will start to fail and instead of helping they will apply more and more pressure. Could write a book on unsafe working conditions you could be put through. No running water? Keep working! Cakes are out of date? Keep using them or you will get attacked for high wastage. Absolutely shattered my mental health.If you have a good team and get along it can be fun sometimes, have made life long friends from working there.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, no training provided

depends on

your life and work quality depends on your shop manager and team leaders, if you meet someone nice, all good. but if you meet someone not so nice, they will keep you running and hurry up all the time, 7 hours with 15 minutes break only.

Area managers need anger management

Worked here for 4 years. All they want is to work you to the bone for as little € as they can. Discipline procedure for minor errors=screaming at you.

Pros

Free coffee company wide, 50% discount.

Cons

Unprofessional management

enjoyable work experience

It's always been fun and enjoyable work environment.Would recommend for everyone who would love working in hospitality, valuable experience for life. Easy enaugh to grow within the company.I did enjoy meeting new customers, building relationships with customers and team member. It's been my most favoured work experience so far. It's easy to learn and grow within the company. Work is not too hard to learn. Lunch rush can be very busy, it makes time fly by.Working with team can make it fun even through the toughest days.

fast paced understaffed

actual job was fun and interesting but staffing issues made some days very stressful. rate of pay is minimum wage.. if under 18 its even less 7.07 an hour

Pros

50% discount

Cons

long shift

Underpaid and underappreciated

In nearly 2 years I didn't receive a single raise. Management are insular, never speaking to workers. Additionally the company makes a habit of lying to customers (example, advertising recyclable cups that cannot be recycled if they've been used)

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Poor pay, unqualified management, no formal training

Overworked.

Worked off your feet everyday with little to no reward. Underpaid for the amount of work actually required. The only good aspect was becoming friends with the other members of staff.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Stressful

Slavery

Underpaid, overworked and horrible management. Staff are left to do online course at home after shifts and if not completed your in breach of contract and can be fired. Managers will manipulate rosters for they're own benefit and leave the grueling shifts and work to normal staff. some managers leave whenever they want and not return back if they know someone else is there to lock up. Avoid this place at all costs.

Pros

When your shift ends

Cons

Long hours and your hard work goes unnoticed

good at first, but doesnt last.

when i first began it was a great experience. however you will quickly learn that all that glitters is not gold. you will be overworked, under paid and hard work and going above and beyond doesn't mean anything. your hours will be cut with no reason given. staff are nice but will criticise you for airing any issue you have.

Pros

staff discount is good, nice staff

Cons

long hours, poor pay, poor communication between management and staff

Expérience correcte

Correct pour un mi temps, les planning sont donnés tard ce qui n'aide pas pour la vie perso. Aucune augmentation de salaire possible. Ma manager était génial, tous les autres plus hauts non, même pas capable de dire bonjour

Underpaid for amount of work required.

It can be extremely fast paced and understaffed at times. The rota system was a nightmare and near impossible to try plan things outside of work. Monthly pay is another con, especially since it's minimum wage. Management is hit or miss, be prepared to be guilted if you're ever sick.

Stressful environment

The hours are very long and you are usually understaffed most of the time, resulting in the work place becoming stressful and disorganised. The pay is not sufficient either

Pros

Discount

Cons

Nice working with the staff

Terrible management was lied to about my job position would never recommend to a friend the management are a joke I wasn’t even getting paid the right wage overall brilliant time with the staff terrible management

excellent work evnironment

great environemt and the staff are fun and great to work with. the environemnt is a bit stress ful and learning new drinks is always something to keep in mind but once you get a hang of its a breeze.

Terrible Pay, Awful Management, Demoralising Work, But A Great Skill To Have To Get A Better Job

Just work at starbucks. Some managers are lovely and will work with you around your schedule, but the corporate side of things is a nightmare. I hope I will never have to work here again. I'm glad I know how to make coffee though.

Hard work. Low pay.

team that I work with was unprofessional, and not nice. Fellow workers were lovely though. If you want your child to work oh you’re thinking of working at Costa DONT. I was a training barista and they would make me do jobs that no one else wanted to do.

Worst place to work

Overworked and underpaid. My costa in particular was very short staffed so was expected to work more than 5 days a week. Had no training, had to make it up as I went. Lazy manager.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, 6day weeks, poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costa Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Costa Coffee with

• Costa Coffee
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?