COWPER CARE

COWPER CARE Employee Reviews

Ireland14 reviews

Friendly staff, good management, clean place

At least one of the three houses that Cowper Care owns, the staff is really friendly and are working as a team, the working days are equally balanced with the days off and the management is very helpful BUT the meals for the staff costs 55€ per month, the quality and the menu are not good at all! Especially for the night staff the food is leftover from lunch time.

Pros

3 or 4 days off per week

Cons

Short staff / Payed meals

Staff are nice but stressful

Would not want to work here a lot of politics going on in the management. Staff are under appreciated. There are no bonus. The old chef doesn’t know how to cook and has bad behaviour. So much gossiping and backstabbing.

Very good and fun

Good place for work good staff and good residents , free car park food paid monthly ….just need to update salary bit more … management good but more improvements with staff

une environnement très favorable au meme temps difficile

Collaboration avec l'infirmier et sous sa responsabilité, assure auprès des patients des soins d'hygiène et de confort : toilette, repas, réfection des lits, accueil, installation et transfert des patients. Transmet ses observations par écrit et par oral pour assurer la continuité des soins.

Happy environment

Fast paced nursing home, very busy at times. Happy environment, lack of help from managers when busy. Good care overall and chances to advance in career.

good work place

satisfying work atmosphere good colleagues and management opportunity to improve carrier inservice education ongoing training accredited by JCI good quality of care

Pros

lunch available

Cons

alternative full month night shift

Quite helpful colleagues

Can be busy but colleagues help one another. Teamwork is encouraged by the managers. The job can be demanding depending on how sick the residents are.

Bad management

Great staff. Wonderful experience. Stayed too long. Nice working for the elderly. Rates of pay not great. No perks. Normal pension. Very basic wonderful staff

Pros

Great experience. Working in elderly care

Cons

Burnout a big factor. Big divide between management and staff.

Amzing management

I just loved the management at Cappagh Orthopeadic Hospital and the staff, they were like a family to me: they were always there for me through everything I faced during my time at the Cappagh Orthopeadic Hospital.

It was a good experience

They were a great staff over, it is a really team work it goes on. I learned a lot of patients and respect. I could work in the good team. The hardest part of my job was they are always short and the management do not carring about.

hard but pleasant job

Generally to be a care assistant means not only physical work,but emotional involvement. Each resident its someone father or mother and respect for old age and a person with limited mobility its an essential attribute. I have enjoyed working as a Care assistant in the last workplace. Sometimes the demands from management were higher than our possibilities,but its understandably when talking about nursing homes.the only negative situations where under-staffing.It was not only creating a lot of stressful moments for staff but was affecting mostly the residents and quality of care delivered to them.But despite this, have learned a lot and achieved more than expected. The greatest colleagues I had alongside,and the wise managers transformed the job in a career,a vocation.

Pros

easy access to management.

Cons

Under-staffing.

n/a

Working as a care assistant and activities co coordinator meant juggling many responsibilities. I got to organize activities and implement my knowledge of massage, both benefiting the residents health and well being.

Fun workplace

a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job

aprendizado de linguas

Melhor periodo de vida onde a grande recompensa foi a fluencia no ingles e as amizades qeu fiz ao redor do mundo.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COWPER CARE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement