CPL Recruitment

CPL Recruitment Employee Reviews

Ireland47 reviews
This kind of job is perfectly suitable for you if you like working at a call center. I do think someone over at CPL side needs to look this job overview over and change "service desk" to "call center" as there is no troubleshooting involved whatsoever. You as service desk employee has as many rights as the actual users, which is kinda sad if you ask me. If you like telling the customer "yes, the issue will be fixed as soon as possible" while you have to create ticket after ticket time and time again and sending every single ticket to the 2nd line, then yes, this job is totally absolutely your kind of thing. Also keep in mind that their IT infrastructure... well, it sucks, and you have no idea what the 2nd/3rd lines are doing with the issues they get sent.
Pros
Great and dependable colleagues, team leader listens and is prepared for compromise
Best place to work
Great enviroment.

Carrier oportunity.

Benefits
I work for their client who operates in the social media,job is ok but it’s an entry position who will meet someone who is just stepping their feet at the corporate world.
Dress code is casual,free food that is the benefit of the job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough room to climb the ladder
I really enjoyed working with Bank of Ireland through my CPL contract as the work/life balance was really great and I learned a lot from my fellow colleagues, however I did not find CPL a great company to be contracted by as the representative were not exactly helpful or easy to communicate with regarding issues. There was also little or no communications between CPL and Bank of Ireland and they never seemed to be singing off the same hymn sheet as they say.
I choose a temporary contract with CPL as I was able to work around my family life, which I needed at the time due to family commitments I found them very approachable and flexible.
Pros
Flexibility
When started working with Cpl they promised me a lot of hours which never really happend. In the last 4 months they didn't call me once so if you apply for them make sure that that's not your only source of income because soon you'll end up starving. Don't be fooled by their promises that they will call you for shifts, it won't happen because they really don't have shifts to give you.

23 April 2020
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We would like to hear more about your experience and how we could’ve worked differently. Please get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie with any further feedback.
Working with CPL is the best choice I made. I am happy going to work as I know if I have any issues or concerns I can contact CPL and discuss my concerns. I know I have their support, Im not just a number. I have learned from my contact with CPL they will follow up very quickly with any information I request. Management are excellent to deal with. Positive attitude is very much part of the workplace cultue.i enjoy all parts of the job, I cannot say hardest part, I can say in my job, I have come across sad,distressing and complicated parts of the job. I know I can contact CPL to discuss. I have found all members of CPL staff,courteous,professionalfriendly and supportive.. i will continue to work with, yes I use thenwords work with, rather than work for CPL recruitment. To me, working with its the perfect balance in my life
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We value your opinion and are very happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with Cpl.
Do not work for this company. I was not paid for an assignment I was given.

When I contacted payroll they tried to fob me off by saying they did not have the correct tax documents. After I confirmed with Revenue they did Payroll stopped responding.

AVOID AVOID AVOID as you will not be paid.
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback & we apologise for the delay in coming back to you. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and would like to understand more about it so that we can continue to improve. Please get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie.
Generally company is a good place to work. Lots of benefits, good salary, solid training. Downside is definitely focus on micro management. Every minute of lateness is recorded and can affect the performance results.
23 April 2020
Cpl, well you will certainly get an opportunity here to get your foot in the door to the world of Recruitment. You will gain some really really good experience.
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and apologies for the delay in coming back to you - it is very much appreciated. If you have any further feedback or suggestions that you would like to share, please get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie.
All tools provided
an be done with or without customer acquisition

Good salaries once up and running
20 August 2019
Thank you taking the time to provide feedback. We value your opinion and are happy to hear you had a positive experience with Cpl. Matching the right candidate to the right job is our main focus. If you have any further feedback or suggestions on how we can improve, get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie.
This place is only for young immigrants as a first job. Do not join as a more advanced role as you will have to deal with internal promoted managers that have no experience or preparation.
Does not have room to grow.

Expect to be paid a lot less because facebook provides lunch.
Pros
Free lunch, Facebook building, Location
Cons
Free lunch taken off your salary, Health care is a lie, most of the benefits they list are a lie.
20 August 2019
They were able to provide me with a job when I was really stuck for work and have been kept on nearly 10 months but are extremely hard to get in contact with even a team leader has agreed with this part. If I’m working for an agency and need guidance they should get back to their employees as soon as possible otherwise they are completely stuck. Have sent emails when I needed an official and never heard back to this day.
Cons
Mostly non responsive
20 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback & we apologise for the delay in coming back to you. Your opinion is valued and would like to understand more about your experience with Cpl so we can continue to improve. Please get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie.
U are riding a desk taking calls from clients
The calls can be quite simple like password reset to sending off emails to teams who not answer you half the time !!

Or you could be on a call that the client level is very low no fault off there own but a call that should take 5-10mins lasts nea an hour !!

If it busy which it is most time you have calls waiting and the tram are on you to go back on line as calls waiting

I can see why there at it but if you have to write up your ticket you are not free to take calls

You are given a time frame to do this they want you to cut that time by more than 1/2 as clients are waiting

I have seen a high turnover off staff due to wages if people move closer into dublin wages will go up yes but depending on where you are based so could your journey times and expenses so its a catch 22

I find that we have a very good support team
Pros
U learn the trade
Cons
Very bad wages for what we do
20 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we apologise for the delay in coming back to you. Your opinion is valued and we would like to understand your experience with Cpl more, so we can continue to improve. Please get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie
CPL very arrogant in Dublin. IF you ask questions, you are fired at once. Only slaves are needed . in the office, arrogant managers.have a corrupt host in the parliament of Ireland
Pros
non
Cons
arrogant
20 August 2019
Good for your first call centre IT job good training and good work force with different languages, a lot of options to lock for a better job as there is not much promotion for a lot of desk support engineers.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no overtime
20 August 2019
I have worked with CPL for years. They would call me for temp work on the day most of the time, so it was important to always be prepared every morning just in case. At first I would get calls for long temp jobs that would last from a year to a few months or even a few weeks but lately they have been offering jobs for the day to a few days.
Pros
Temp jobs
Cons
Sometimes work environment not so conducive
20 August 2019
Applied for a job I was really interested in through cpl. Experience and qualifications were a perfect match for job description. Heard nothing back at all, not even to say application received. Contacted them after a month to enquire whether job has been filled and up to this date had no communication whatsoever. If your business is people then at basic you should at least acknowledge an application, given people vest time and effort in applying. Can understand that perhaps they receive high volumes of applications but no acknowledgment is very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Good experience, enjoyed working a number of interesting contracts through CPL over a variety of sectors and had very positive experiences and learned a lot in different roles. I felt well supported by staff and systems in place and felt satisfied that I made a worthwhile and satisfying contribution to the companies I worked in.
Pros
Flebility to achieve work balance, while working as a contractor. Courteous, helpful staff. Efficent payroll system
Cons
No support for costs for ongoing cpd, training reg or fees which is a drawback as mandatory
Useless, left waiting on work then eventually I get a call to work one r two days a week after saying i needed full time in interview. Also do not listen to your preference in interview expect you too do whatever they dump on you. Joke would not recommend to anyone.
Cons
CPL does not value people at all. I was almost forced to sign the contract and wasn't given any time to read through. Once you start complaining about conditions of contract you are blacklisted. Really bad conditions of work. I am sooo happy my contract has fnished and I managed to find a permant position elsewhere. Never any more CPL! Stay away from these people!
Pros
Cons
Everything.