CPL Recruitment Employee Reviews

Great place to start a recruitment career
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin19 May 2019
All tools provided
an be done with or without customer acquisition
Good salaries once up and running
20 August 2019

Thank you taking the time to provide feedback. We value your opinion and are happy to hear you had a positive experience with Cpl. Matching the right candidate to the right job is our main focus. If you have any further feedback or suggestions on how we can improve, get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie.

CPL on site - Good place to start
Analyst (Former Employee) –  east wall, dublin17 October 2018
This place is only for young immigrants as a first job. Do not join as a more advanced role as you will have to deal with internal promoted managers that have no experience or preparation.
Does not have room to grow.
Expect to be paid a lot less because facebook provides lunch.
Pros
Free lunch, Facebook building, Location
Cons
Free lunch taken off your salary, Health care is a lie, most of the benefits they list are a lie.
20 August 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We would like to hear more about your experience and how we could’ve worked differently. Please get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie with any further feedback.

Tech Support Operator
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare30 September 2018
U are riding a desk taking calls from clients
The calls can be quite simple like password reset to sending off emails to teams who not answer you half the time !!
Or you could be on a call that the client level is very low no fault off there own but a call that should take 5-10mins lasts nea an hour !!

If it busy which it is most time you have calls waiting and the tram are on you to go back on line as calls waiting

I can see why there at it but if you have to write up your ticket you are not free to take calls
You are given a time frame to do this they want you to cut that time by more than 1/2 as clients are waiting

I have seen a high turnover off staff due to wages if people move closer into dublin wages will go up yes but depending on where you are based so could your journey times and expenses so its a catch 22

I find that we have a very good support team
Pros
U learn the trade
Cons
Very bad wages for what we do
20 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we apologise for the delay in coming back to you. Your opinion is valued and we would like to understand your experience with Cpl more, so we can continue to improve. Please get in touch at indeed@cpl.ie

CPL very arrogant in Dublin
IT Support (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin19 March 2018
CPL very arrogant in Dublin. IF you ask questions, you are fired at once. Only slaves are needed . in the office, arrogant managers.have a corrupt host in the parliament of Ireland
Pros
non
Cons
arrogant

Okay place to work
Quality co coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare14 March 2018
Good for your first call centre IT job good training and good work force with different languages, a lot of options to lock for a better job as there is not much promotion for a lot of desk support engineers.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no overtime

Quality jobs
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2018
I have worked with CPL for years. They would call me for temp work on the day most of the time, so it was important to always be prepared every morning just in case. At first I would get calls for long temp jobs that would last from a year to a few months or even a few weeks but lately they have been offering jobs for the day to a few days.
Pros
Temp jobs
Cons
Sometimes work environment not so conducive

Horrific company to contact
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin/Waterford25 November 2017
Applied for a job I was really interested in through cpl. Experience and qualifications were a perfect match for job description. Heard nothing back at all, not even to say application received. Contacted them after a month to enquire whether job has been filled and up to this date had no communication whatsoever. If your business is people then at basic you should at least acknowledge an application, given people vest time and effort in applying. Can understand that perhaps they receive high volumes of applications but no acknowledgment is very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Positve interesting & varied work experience. Staff courteous & efficient .
Contracted Health Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2017
Good experience, enjoyed working a number of interesting contracts through CPL over a variety of sectors and had very positive experiences and learned a lot in different roles. I felt well supported by staff and systems in place and felt satisfied that I made a worthwhile and satisfying contribution to the companies I worked in.
Pros
Flebility to achieve work balance, while working as a contractor. Courteous, helpful staff. Efficent payroll system
Cons
No support for costs for ongoing cpd, training reg or fees which is a drawback as mandatory
Unorganized dont care about getting you work
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 November 2016
Useless, left waiting on work then eventually I get a call to work one r two days a week after saying i needed full time in interview. Also do not listen to your preference in interview expect you too do whatever they dump on you. Joke would not recommend to anyone.
Cons
The worst experience ever!
Contractir (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 November 2016
CPL does not value people at all. I was almost forced to sign the contract and wasn't given any time to read through. Once you start complaining about conditions of contract you are blacklisted. Really bad conditions of work. I am sooo happy my contract has fnished and I managed to find a permant position elsewhere. Never any more CPL! Stay away from these people!
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2016
Really enjoyed my time in CPL. Management provide great support, good career progression and the culture is second to none. Would highly recommend!
Pros
Great people, Good commission levels, Brilliant reputation on the market
Cons
None that I can think of. Its a competitive environment like any other sales/recruitment role
CPL onsite Facebook
Community Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 October 2016
- Working for CPL onsite Facebook HQ in Dublin.
- As a Community Operations Analyst is to perform content review and apply Facebook policies to different content on Facebook.
- Great working place with people from all over the world under the same roof.
- The vibe in the builing is great, everybody seems to be having a lot of fun, mainly because of the awesome benefits you get such as the free meals (all 3 meals) not to mention the coffee and micro kitchens on each floor, free snack etc.. ohh did I mention the free ice cream and pool tables on the 6th floor.
- Continuous training as policies are continuously updated and changed due to the change in content direction.
- The only bad thing is that as a contractor there is little room to advance specially if you are in one of the larger teams.
Pros
Free Food / Perfect working environemnt
Cons
Lilttle room for advancement as a contractor
my saviour
tech support (Current Employee) –  leixlip30 October 2016
I love working for this company.
I had no work experience and was in college for years whilst looking for work.

Then this year I was looking for a full time job and cpl saved me just in time.
Pros
great facilities for cpl staff.
Cons
haven't found any cons.
Contact worker
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Galway26 October 2016
Working for CPL has been one of the worst experiences.
They had a point of contact based on the client site - every month there was issues with payment.
They also didn't understand their own contact. When questioned , they did not like it and you were basically black listed.
So I would not recommend working with/ for CPL. The people I have had dealings with were very unprofessional.
I cannot understand why companies hire this recruitment agency to find staff.
Cons
Unprofessional
Don't not work for CPL
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Cork7 October 2016
Don't work for these gangsters, they keep half your money each week, they have no prob answering the phone + email to get you too work for them,but once you work for them they won't answer any calls from you, not only do they keep half your hard earned cash they be late giving you that.. Always remember when you pay peanuts you get monkeys....
DONT BE A MONKEY FOR CPL....
Pros
They are pros at keeping half you cash
Cons
They are con artist
Always thankful
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare28 September 2016
They allowed me to have a first experience in Ireland.
Thanks to them , i've met amazing people,
I could complain about how their system works, but that's how things work nowadays. Everything is profit oriented. I'd rather remember the wonderful times I had with my teammates.
horrible environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Galway30 August 2016
Contact work on client site.

Completely unapproachable - if you asked questions you were punished
Contract broken without discussion - HR did not know what was written in their own contract
Contracted into large IT company - one of my worst work experiences.
Colleagues were great - really good team of people
Team lead - passive aggressive bully. Had one or two employees that he liked - rest of team would not be spoken to for weeks on end.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Team Lead
Rubbish dont answer phone
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 August 2016
The money was short every week and they refused to show us the time sheets.
Then would not give p45 or final payment.
Would not recommend the else gangsters.
Pros
Cons
Would not answer emails or phone calls
Call Center Agency Work
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 April 2016
Will roster you for an entire weeks work but will take half or more of your hours off you at some stage throughout the week.

Their client to worker representatives couldn't give a toss about the worker or your needs/out of job responsibility.

Will try to take your earned holiday hours off you EVERY bank holiday unless call on it.
Pros
Cons
no security from week to week, terrible attitude towards workers.
Good Times on HP
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 April 2016
In fact I started at 8 am, but as HP had a gym within the workplace, I always arrived at 7 am to work out, starting to work full of energy.

I worked on the Spanish and Portuguese Lines.

I met Portugal calls, Spain and when some other line was bussy, I helped the service, in English.

On average 20 calls per day. 10 in English, 5 in Spanish and 5 in Portuguese.

The work environment was super friendly with friends of different nationalities.
Pros
always learning something in meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPL Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

CPL Recruitment Reviews by Location