Dairygold

Dairygold Employee Reviews

Ireland20 reviews
Very good experience in a fast paced environment. Good training given and opportunity for advancement. Excellent work atmosphere where people were willing to work as a team.
Management are appalling in this particular site, all depends on who you know
Constantly ringing personal phones

Health and Safety non existent here.
Pros
On site parking
Cons
Long Hours, Constantly ringing personal phones on days off
Shift work days and fair pay with a fast-paced but enjoyable work environment. Having worked in different positions within the company it must be said this company cares for its employees.
Very understanding, secure safe workplace. Opportunities for advancement with my sector were limited due to low rate of turn over & flat org structure
Worked there as a part of coop placement. I worked from Monday to Friday and 8-5 and finish earlier on Fridays. Everyone working there made me feel welcome and I got on well with all the staff including the management.
A typical day included stocking shelves, helping customers and cleaning the store.There is a friendly atmosphere in the workplace.The most enjoyable part is talking away to customers.
Pros
Close to home
6 months, boring jobs. No work/life balance. Staff friendly but obsessed with work.
Not much benefits. Poor location also with regards near the city.
Typical day- Morning GMP audit of production followed by production meeting.Completing all Daily Quality records and reviewing all production records. Updating Work Instructions as a result of audit/CAPA finding. Ordering stationery, GMP or Laboratory supplies and receiving same. Liase with cleaning staff on a daily basis to ensure onsite cleaning meets all requirements.
Updating audit reports/ pest control reports or aob.

Workplace culture- Great team of Quality Officers onsite and we worked together to ensure all daily/weekly tasks were completed to meet GMP standards. Mainly Male dominated environment with strong union involvement.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team to ensure Dairygold met GMP requirements. This also involved team lunches and breakfasts and outside training.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Union involvement
dairygold co-op superstores was a great place to work and advance in a retail and horticultural sector.
A typical day in dairygold was cleaning the areas during and before work, making sure products were kept on shelves and plants/garden center was kept up to order.

While there I learned that productivity was a key factor of working and that first impressions count whatever your going for in life or work.

Management were very friendly and knew what they were doing and made working there very fulfilling.

Staff we very helpful and built an enjoyable atmosphere to work in and build upon with the customers and staff alike.

ut like most businesses theres something that has to be bad about it and that would be finding a way to leave work.

the most enjoyable thing tho was getting to know each worker individually and finding a common interest among ourselves.
Pros
the atmosphere from there
Cons
been there once a week
Dairygold co-op superstores was a fun and vibrant place to work due to the amazing people who worked and shopped there.
A typical day would begin with getting ready to open up so plants and stock had to be faced-off and watered and store and garden center had to be clean and welcoming.

I learned that stock and plants came in on a daily and weekly basis and there was a place called goods inward where new stock and broken stock was kept, I also learned that a working day is a lot different then i thought and had new challenges everyday.

The management team were really friendly and understandable when I had a problem that i couldn't overcome.

The workplace culture there was very positive workers enjoyed what they did and customers enjoyed coming in and talking with workers.

The hardest part of the job was dividing the time between different jobs and people to help.

The most enjoyable part was helping the customers find the right product that they were looking for.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
time dividing
Excellent place to work. Always an opportunity to move on providing you show you are willing to go beyond your normal routines.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Really enjoyed working in Dairygold and all aspects of the job. Enjoyed meeting delivery drivers and loading unloading shipments to warehouse.
Pros
treated well
Cons
Extremely fast past , hardworking environment. Turnover of work was very high and workers were busy during the entirety of a working shift. I did however, learn valuable skills such as working efficiently under high pressure and doing this to produce a very high quality of work and products.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, six days a week every week.
Although i enjoyed my time working for Dairygold each day provided a challenge,as something unexpected would always pop up be it staff illness and having to organise cover or out of the blue request for "urgent information request" from HQ. An average day would commence with allocating tasks and store walk which gave you a good chance to greet and chat with staff and management. this was followed by review of previous days sales and issues that needed to closed off re HR,Sales,Stock,Cash or Customer Complaints. A weekly review would be carried out every Monday re Sales, Margin. Purchases, Stock Loss/Waste, HR absence/illness and communicated to HQ. During my time with Dairygold i found management and staff in branch a very effective team and very flexible. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive admin work a necessary evil, and most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customer be sales or solving a customer complaint.
Friendly and helpful co-workers. Improvement needed in work life balance and management worker communication.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
poor communication between management
great place to work. loved the forklift work and meeting the customers.
Pros
one hour lunch breaks
Cons
staff
A great environment to serve the farmer ownership under the founder of Horace Plunkett
A typical day at work is running samples for a variety of tests, depending on the day. I found the work interesting and really enjoy the direct interaction with the farmers. I run tests from approximately 8 AM to 4PM and after that I do an hours paper work to make sure all milk advisors and farmers are receiving their results, I upload total samples tested to a Dairygold database for other labs to access and compare against.
Pros
New challenges every day.
Cons
Long working hours.
Started every morning at 8.30am and finished at either 5.30 pm or 9.30 pm. I opened the shop and set up the tills. I performed a stock check and ordered stock that was running low. Cleaned and arranged the shelves. Served customers and provided assistance where needed. I answered the phones and reported the messages to my manager. The hardest part of the job was telling customers when their annual bills were due. The best part of the job was interacting with the customers and staff.
interaction with customers, stock control, percourment, goods inwards, merchandising,