Dalata Hotel Group

Dalata Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Ireland16 reviews
It’s a good place if you are looking for learning and improve your skills.
They give to you the opportunity to learn but much you learn much they want from you and you don’t get a fairer payment.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Minimum Salary
The Dalata group have a competitive salary depending on where you are based. I deffinetely recommend the Clayton Hotel in Dublin. Positive, supportive, friendly, fast paced environment to work at.
Good management of company.The company really take care about staff.Good benefits and always nice atmosphere.I definitely recommend Dalata Hotel Group
A great job learn a lot.
You need to be hands on and very quick to make decisions.

Lots of freedom run your own team

Staff training and advancement very good
Look elsewhere if you want a career in the hospitality industry. Poor standards for a four star hotel group. No interest in staff work/life balance or welfare, and management can't manage
When I was working there the commis were idiots. One wasn’t sure if she wanted to be a chef and the other one was a lad from FAS doing retail. They knew nothing. My hours were casual cause of management and college but I could have worked more but then they call me and change my roster to be in early without saying so.
Wouldn't recommend for anyone to work there, staff is very abusive, management is terrible, and you don't get any support.
Worst job if my life, never again, Stay away
I learned great commpunication and organisational skills from my HR position in the Dalata Hotel group.
This was a productive and fun environment to work within.
While not necessarily reflective of the Dalata group, my personal experience was not good. The general manager acted unprofessionally on a number of occasions and senior management failed to provide the appropriate support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dalata Hotel Group?
Nice staff and learned a lot in relation to month end processes with management accountants and balance sheet reconciliations. Monthend deadlines were tight.
Such of unprofessional management. Never ever again. This company is a joke. Unpaid overtime. Don't have enough staff have to work like a horse and the end of the day they are not saying thank you. The Managmet is a joke . Seriously a big joke. They dont have any idea how to run a hotel. I'm done with this company.
Working at Dalata Hotel Group was a great experience I won't forget. As an intern, starting a new job and entering a place of work is nerve wrecking. However, the people working in Dalata made me feel extremely welcome from the moment I walked through the doors. Furthermore, as an intern, you wish that your work is valuable and meaningful to your fellow colleagues. It was settled from the beginning that the work we were provided was extremely meaningful which made the experience more enjoyable.
Pros
Discount lunches
I'm rang constantly on my days off to work as management keep cutting hours and then there a lot of panic when the numbers staying in the hotel go up as part of the chef team were I an is excellent job benefits are good free gym and discounts on group hotels. Staff meals provided but never get the time to take my 30min breakand still get the money taken off management is also a joke
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Lack of senior management doing there job
Work in housekeeping.
The food we have to pray

The chef is arrogant

I can not prepare 4 meals.

Poor organization.

Savings

on the guests

Stealing hours on schedule

Lazy menaders are always angry

Overtime unpaid

The 3-bed rooms must be completed for 30 minutes

To much dirty rooms

Forcing Quick cleansing.

The manager's story

that the workers are losers

and they do everything she order.

Bedding is dirty

Liner service not good.

Waste of time

Houseman never fills

rooms with

linen.

Card kye never work.

Not an organization

New employees are being taken

And the old have no days to work.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
To long hours
Bom ambiente e amigável, salário razoável e sem perspectiva.
Me ha permitido trabajar en un ambiente de trabajo estresante y que necesitas captar las ordenes de trabajo rápidamente.
El ambiente era multicultural, había gente que procedía de Polonia, Eslovaquia,Hungría, Irlanda, España, Letonia, Estonia, Rusia. Permitió obtener un intercambio de ideas y de cultura muy interesante.

Lo más beneficioso fue que necesitaban mis servicios para diferentes departamentos y llegué a dar mi opinión en servicios medioambientales representando al departamento de Accommodation como el tema del reciclaje y alguna consulta sobre distribución energética ya que el director y el encargado de mantenimiento tenían conocimiento de lo que estudiaba.

La parte más difícil era lidiar con el tiempo que jugaba en contra.
Pros
Ambiente multicultural
Cons
Presión por realizar las tareas rápidamente