Dalata Hotel Group

Dalata Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Okay for certain individuals.

If you're at the bottom of the list - you're good to go. Managers and Supervisors are relatively friendly and understanding of hours you can commit to. My personal experience is the "real" upper individuals stress the managers and supervisors to a point they can take it out on the lowest members of staff. Pay is not as good as other companies in the similar industry. If you're happy to enforce your persona and stick by your guns when confronted for bizarre reasons you won't have an issue. Good for people in college due to flexibility but since the turnover in managers and supervisors can be high - you'll need to remind them what times you cannot and can do. Reminder, a lot of the higher positions are outsourced to save money rather than promoting people, that's important to remember. This is a place you go to so your needs are met, not a career. The hiring of staff are questionable at times - little English, (s) harassment and so on.

Fun and great management

Great place to work, great management all very helpful and approachable. Can be very busy on busy days but the time flys by. Great bunch of people to work with

Insights into Dalata Hotel Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive, friendly and professional

I feel in Dalata Group every employee has the open doors to grow, majority if not all employees are friendly, the manager show interest in the staff. Great working conditions.

Pros

Good working environment, professional growth

Cons

Haven’t found yet

Not enough staff

Not enough staff for how busy the place gets, they try to save money but not hiring more people or by cutting down the hours of people working there.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

But the lunches are bad

Good for advancement for junior staff

Good place to work . Plenty of advancements Plenty of training courses Long hours of work Under staffed at the moment but most hotels are all the same

Pros

Plenty of training at company cost

Cons

Long hours, short staff, wages poor to medium

Great Place

Loved my time working here the Senior Management team was extremely supportive as well as my departmental manager. I enjoyed the work environment, the guests of the hotel and the hours of work that suited me perfectly.

Cons

Lovely poeple but terrible place to work

The team here are lovely but to work in this place as maintenance is terrible the senior management micro manage you to the point your life is unbearable, you can't have cigarette breaks, they do not let you control you rota even as the maintenance manager, and the salary is way below even a 3 star property, this building was left in a terrible state by the building company its all on maintenance to do full contractor work. Stay well away from the job.

Pros

Nice staff on the floor

Cons

Senior management, the building, the salary, no paid overtime but constant calls out of hours

Enjoyable Work Environment

Really enjoyed my time in Dalata, the people are great and the culture of the company is unique. Decentralised management model with the support from Central Office means goals and objectives are tough but achievable.

Learning Place

It’s a good place if you are looking for learning and improve your skills. They give to you the opportunity to learn but much you learn much they want from you and you don’t get a fairer payment.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Minimum Salary

productive and fun place to work

I mostly just cleaned things. I learned lots about how hotels run. the management was very top down and not very collaborative. The workplace culture was very pleasant.

Productive and fun workplace

I would recommend working here as it provides a great training ground in the hotel industry, with plenty of training given and good career promotion available.

Nice place to work at unless its the hotel in London

The Dalata group have a competitive salary depending on where you are based. I deffinetely recommend the Clayton Hotel in Dublin. Positive, supportive, friendly, fast paced environment to work at.

Good management of company.The company really take care about staff.Good benefits and always nice atmosphere.I definitely recommend Dalata Hotel Group

Great advance ment

A great job learn a lot. You need to be hands on and very quick to make decisions. Lots of freedom run your own team Staff training and advancement very good

Unprofessional and unsupportive

Look elsewhere if you want a career in the hospitality industry. Poor standards for a four star hotel group. No interest in staff work/life balance or welfare, and management can't manage

Average kitchen

When I was working there the commis were idiots. One wasn’t sure if she wanted to be a chef and the other one was a lad from FAS doing retail. They knew nothing. My hours were casual cause of management and college but I could have worked more but then they call me and change my roster to be in early without saying so.

Worst job ever

Wouldn't recommend for anyone to work there, staff is very abusive, management is terrible, and you don't get any support. Worst job if my life, never again, Stay away

Productive and fun working enviornment

I learned great commpunication and organisational skills from my HR position in the Dalata Hotel group. This was a productive and fun environment to work within.

Poor management support

While not necessarily reflective of the Dalata group, my personal experience was not good. The general manager acted unprofessionally on a number of occasions and senior management failed to provide the appropriate support

Forcing new staff to meet target and over protecting existing staff

Started as accommodation assistant in Clayton Charlemont. Nice manager but supervisors are more bossy. 1st day got 7rooms to clean,out of which I did 5. Next day was given 11rooms; just to make me leave the job. Got trained by 3 different staff who showed their own way, no one knows about the SOP. 3/4 of the staff are southern American with broken English. One staff made me clean all her assigned rooms’ toilets. The trolley is so overloaded and heavy that you have no choice apart from pulling it, putting all pressure on your back. So mismanagement. Supervisors protecting old and existing staff

Great Expierence

Nice staff and learned a lot in relation to month end processes with management accountants and balance sheet reconciliations. Monthend deadlines were tight.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dalata Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Dalata Hotel Group with

• Dalata Hotel Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?