Dalata Hotel Group

Dalata Hotel Group Employee Reviews in Dublin, County Dublin

Dublin, County Dublin11 reviews

Okay for certain individuals.

If you're at the bottom of the list - you're good to go. Managers and Supervisors are relatively friendly and understanding of hours you can commit to. My personal experience is the "real" upper individuals stress the managers and supervisors to a point they can take it out on the lowest members of staff. Pay is not as good as other companies in the similar industry. If you're happy to enforce your persona and stick by your guns when confronted for bizarre reasons you won't have an issue. Good for people in college due to flexibility but since the turnover in managers and supervisors can be high - you'll need to remind them what times you cannot and can do. Reminder, a lot of the higher positions are outsourced to save money rather than promoting people, that's important to remember. This is a place you go to so your needs are met, not a career. The hiring of staff are questionable at times - little English, (s) harassment and so on.

Productive, friendly and professional

I feel in Dalata Group every employee has the open doors to grow, majority if not all employees are friendly, the manager show interest in the staff. Great working conditions.

Pros

Good working environment, professional growth

Cons

Haven’t found yet

Insights into Dalata Hotel Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Not enough staff

Not enough staff for how busy the place gets, they try to save money but not hiring more people or by cutting down the hours of people working there.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

But the lunches are bad

Learning Place

It’s a good place if you are looking for learning and improve your skills. They give to you the opportunity to learn but much you learn much they want from you and you don’t get a fairer payment.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Minimum Salary

Nice place to work at unless its the hotel in London

The Dalata group have a competitive salary depending on where you are based. I deffinetely recommend the Clayton Hotel in Dublin. Positive, supportive, friendly, fast paced environment to work at.

Good management of company.The company really take care about staff.Good benefits and always nice atmosphere.I definitely recommend Dalata Hotel Group

Average kitchen

When I was working there the commis were idiots. One wasn’t sure if she wanted to be a chef and the other one was a lad from FAS doing retail. They knew nothing. My hours were casual cause of management and college but I could have worked more but then they call me and change my roster to be in early without saying so.

Productive and fun working enviornment

I learned great commpunication and organisational skills from my HR position in the Dalata Hotel group. This was a productive and fun environment to work within.

Poor management support

While not necessarily reflective of the Dalata group, my personal experience was not good. The general manager acted unprofessionally on a number of occasions and senior management failed to provide the appropriate support

Very open and inviting place to work

Working at Dalata Hotel Group was a great experience I won't forget. As an intern, starting a new job and entering a place of work is nerve wrecking. However, the people working in Dalata made me feel extremely welcome from the moment I walked through the doors. Furthermore, as an intern, you wish that your work is valuable and meaningful to your fellow colleagues. It was settled from the beginning that the work we were provided was extremely meaningful which made the experience more enjoyable.

Pros

Discount lunches

Agradável

Bom ambiente e amigável, salário razoável e sem perspectiva.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dalata Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement