Dangan Group

Dangan Group Employee Reviews in Galway

I am 48 years old never in my working life have I come across a company as bad as dangan group... driving 70km to be told sorry don't need u today and not paying u what your due.... lying to u over the phone about money..still have not got paid ... in this day and age companies like this should not be aloud to operate..... DISGUSTING
Pros
if u work for free get 100 hours a week
Cons
DISGRACEFUL people
I had the opportunity to work as a cleaner at the Galway Races, a very prestigious event. It was hard work but satisfying, and I got to know lots of new people. Our Manager did a very good job and did her best to make sure that everyone was doing their job correctly.
The day I was invited to their Galway location for and interview/contract signing they required those applicants who didn't have a manual handling cert to take part in their course which was limited to watching a video and lifting a cardboard box twice. They announced that for this service they would deduce €50 from the first paycheck. I was not payed the week after beginning as promised, nor was I payed the week after that. Three weeks and many unanswered calls and emails later I finally got my first paycheck but I was missing pay from the first two days I worked for Dangan Group. After further efforts on my behalf pressuring them to investigate the issue it was said that someone had entered my name wrong in the system which does not justify the lack of responsibility taken to ensure that the documented hours were payed. The time between the days I worked and the day I got payed exceeded a month.
Cons
Lack of respect, initiative and responsibility. Nearly impossible to get a response even on pressing issues.