David Lloyd Clubs

David Lloyd Clubs Employee Reviews

Ireland9 reviews

So Much Potential but very cliquey place for external managers to thrive

Unfortunately, there is a toxic culture of hiring and firing within the business at GM level. If you are not within a certain group or clique, then you are not giving much of a chance to succeed. Business metrics are interpreted to suit Managers agendas, who are celebrated for their "edge" by how many managers they hire and fire within the year.

Pros

50% discounts and free gym memberships

Cons

toxic management dressed up as people focused

Poorly Managed

Poor management, low pay, no scope for progression, very political at times, often asked to work in other departments and areas or perform tasks unrelated to your job.

Low salary, no personal growth or training

No appropriate training, low salary and no growth possibility. They offer free member ship for you and a plus one, no Christmas bonus or double pay on bank holidays, the environment between staffs are usually friendly.

takes advantage of people working there

Very demanding, targeted based job which if you didn’t reach target you where fired or bullied until you where forced to leave. Working on own hours so you don’t get paid if you don’t have clients or aren’t bringing money into the company. Almost self employed accept they don’t allow you to work any where else.

Pros

Nothing free

Cons

Long hours, big junk of fee taken for the company on Pt’s

colleagues were lovely....management lovely. customers lovely

yes it wast great but a trek to get to from my home...2 buses to and from the job, It was a great atmosphere. I can get on with anybody, I have a freindly disposition...

Pros

Free use of gym

Cons

no cons just the travel...2 buses to and from from my home.

Good experince

• Responsible for pool plant maintenance, painting and decoration, demonstrating strong multitasking skills • Demonstrating proficiency in plumbing, carpentry, tiling and general construction and an ability to effectively prioritise work

Great place with great people!

Over the time I worked there I've had nothing but good experiences. My co-workers were the nicest people you could ask for and I found management to be very approachable with any issue I had. They do a great job on making new comers feel welcome and there's always a great atmosphere. It can get very busy but everyone is more than willing to help you if you need it. You get free membership and after 3 months you can get a friend or family free membership also. There's a staff night out once a month and the Halloween and Christmas parties are meant to be legendary.

Pros

Free membership; great co-workers

Cons

Salary is basic

high energy workplace

A typical day includes working with up to 5 different staff members, looking after customers and their specific needs in regards to loosing weight/healthy eating. Dealing with high energy children and helping them with actitvities to keep them occupied and the parents relaxed.

Pros

Paid lunch breaks. Uniform provided. Free gym membership.

Cons

shift work, 11pm closing to 630am opening

fun workplace

super team and management great place to work dealing with customers meeting new people learning english

Pros

free passes to leisure area

Cons

shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Lloyd Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement