David Lloyd Leisure
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

David Lloyd Leisure Employee Reviews

yes it wast great but a trek to get to from my home...2 buses to and from the job, It was a great atmosphere. I can get on with anybody, I have a freindly disposition...
Pros
Free use of gym
Cons
no cons just the travel...2 buses to and from from my home.
Was treated terribly by manager who didn’t give me any support, even put me on a performance improvement plan and have no extra training or anything like that. They treat their staff disgustingly, I’m not the only one.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Everything else
My time at David Lloyd Leisure was amazing, I will be looking back at it with great fondness. The job is relaxed but challenging at the same time, managers are professional but down to earth and really care about you, work culture is outstanding, great team spirit, everyone helps each other and it felt like we were one big family working together. I highly recommend working there.
Pros
Free membership, uncapped comission, great team spirit
Cons
Working at weekends (not all the time) and occasional late shifts
Job was OK. Staff were really lovely. Management spoilt atmosphere. You shouldn't have to go to work and worry about what mood your manager is in. Manager will stand by and watch you all crumble if it gets busy as never enough staff on. This was just one in particular. One bad seed doesn't reflect every department.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
cliquey
Clicky groups slag you out behind your back then have the cheek to start drama within staff he said she said rubbish Very childish management
You can do a good job above and beyond and it’s not going to be noticed Worse part is they try getting you to do their jobs saying it’s what you need to be doing when it’s in fact not

Back stabbing and
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
You have to work with snakes
Business culture in DL is great they take care of their employees. Job is usually not stressful but the money is not enough for a living. Everything else is fine you have all the benefits of using all the services that they provide, you have a food discount, you can bring one member for free,...
Management is there to help you, everything except the salary is great.
Such a shame . D.L. put so much money into facilities busy senior Mgment are solely career driven and forget how important staff and general honesty matters . Great team spirit among staff , but not appreciated by hierarchy who Lie to further their own ambitions
When I 1st started it was very good. As ever, change of management resulted in a stressful and depressing place of work. Severely underpaid for what they expect.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Underpaid
Friendly and professional customers, quiet during the winter time, kind management group. Learnt team work, organisational environment and health and safety issues.
They claim to be amongst the top 20 employers in the UK, don't let that fool you. Management is a joke, they will not help and your co workers are only out for themselves. During the group interview, the two women were so unprofessional as you could hear them belittling other staff members. The job itself is a waste of time, you're expected to learn everything in 2 weeks and if you make a mistake it's your problem. STAY AWAY!!!
Cons
Amazing place to work just lack of progression, really do love working for David Lloyld great atmosphere, good team of staff, good vibes, just not sure about the place after the pandemic
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of progression
I applied for David Lloyd Leisure on a whim and didn't know much about the company but after a number of months in the role I can't Recommend them any higher to any of my friends or family.

I came to David Lloyd lesuire after a terrible experience of a sales environment Job but after joining David llyod I was trained and taught to push myself as well as helping me improve within my job with support from both my colleagues and management.

I am happy to say I work for David Lloyd and enjoy my daily work life as everyday is different.
Pros
Supportive, Competitive, Friendly, Commission scheme
Cons
With change in management when I was there, it had 2 sides some where I learnt a lot and progressed massively to somewhere I was made to feel unwelcome and truth is they will only ever care about how much money they make David Lloyd and not you
awful can not have a break if you do you are looked down on management do not care about you at all you are expected to have no life on the outside rota is always last min so you cant make plans simply awful.
fun place to work very fast pace always short staff but very good people to work with. all depend on how good your manager I experienced 3 different managers couple were lazy
I used to work at this out standing club , people think that getting job there is really lucky , however there were discriminations (at least for me) . I had few clients as the club was a quiet club with very few members , I was told that I had to work 8 hours for free in order to get private lessons .
new members were recommended to get lesson not with new coaches thus the club was fames of keep getting new tennis coaches as they constantly come to club and after while left due to lack of clients.
On se fait payer des mois plus tard, et il faut courir derrière nos payes sinon elle n'arrive jamais. Par exemple, je ne suis toujours pas payé pour une prestation début 2020, ainsi que pour Mars et ce malgré de nombreux rappels.
Friendly staff, management are always available to help. Good friendly atmosphere, keen to encourage you to gain more experience and quailifications.
As a tennis coach it was a flexible work environment with friendly staff and a good work to life balance. if any tennis coaches are looking to work there I would recommend it
I worked for DL for 17 years in the beginning when it was owned by Whitbread it was exceptionally joyful to work there but then they sold it and it became a place where only keeping shareholders happy.
good company to work for just need a change very fast paced and interesting with good training. General processing of memberships and continuing on the job training to deliver insights and sales techniques .