Dawn Meats Employee Reviews

Dawn Meats Workplace
Full Time Employment (Current Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo29 November 2019
Start early (7:00am) and can often finish late. Pay is quite poor for a hard labour intensive day. Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and getting to know others.
Traditional work ethic
Market Research & Insights Executive (Former Employee) –  Waterford25 November 2019
Overall staff were pleasant and helpful however some staff tended to be self orientated and lacked ability to work as a team. Little flexible work hours and poor work culture
Bad
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterford9 October 2019
Bad place to work wages are scandelous for the amount of time you put in there..management and hr talk to you like your a child. Cheat with holidays and wages.. only apply if your really stuck for work
Absolutely don't go here
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo30 August 2019
I spent here almost 6 years as a certified butcher, while my supervisor don't know anything about a job he supervises,higher management is not able to answer to "good morning",pay is horrible and if you are skilled enough,they don't even want to give you holidays because they need you,after 6 years I have 10,7 per hour and if I eat in canteen it is like 9 euros per day,I hate it but I have to be here
Good company to work and every people so good Friends..
The boner room and abattoir at refiller (Former Employee) –  Midleton co cork30 July 2019
I look this company Dawn meats ltd give oportunity for all Man women etc and all jught boss and boss..
I thanks for one day I working in company Dawn meats ltd city midleton co cork..2003/2007..thank you God..
Thank you Dawn meats ltd..
Pros
Good food
Cons
No problem
This place is joke...
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Carroll's Cross Roads, County Waterford27 July 2019
Company cheating with meat, cheating on employees, cheating with holidays and salaries.
Burgers and meat out of date going everytime back for rework.
Pros
Cons
This place should be shut down
A meat factory..
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Waterford20 March 2019
It’s a shift work meat factory. Monday to Friday is great and the pay was decent enough aswell. Management on the floor are Okay but any management upstairs are far from it. HR is absolutely scandalous and how they look at cases/ employees are terrible. They do not care as you are just simply a number IN the clocking system.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Management are terrible. HR are worse. Meat factory, long days.
Awful place to work
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo3 December 2018
If you got sick they will put you on other place to work...harder and if you can't lift heavy pieces of meat (17-25 kg) you will got fired. This is not work for women.
Cons
Bad menangment
hard work
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Charleville, County Cork17 October 2018
hardwork...management never happy.,,doing overtimes very often that is the only way how to get better money..never get a pay rise even if i was working there over ten years...
Excellent Place to Work
Shipping Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dawn Meats Charleville10 October 2018
Dawn Meats is a great place to work very well organised great workplace culture very busy but this suits me management was a pleasure to deal with very close to home I gained a lot of confidence as you are trained very well
Pros
Good Working Environment
Cons
Not knowing a finish time
down meat
General Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterford27 September 2018
is very good but not for some people and in the there however tthe factory environment are ok and very good place to work if u interest in and enjoy ur work
Pros
alright
Cons
great
Vary bad place to work
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo23 August 2018
No safety rules, slave work.
Salary below required minimum. 8.9
Hard work conditions.
THey use opportunity that most people doesn't speak english.
Company can fire you within one week in trial period of 11 months and they often do that.
No care about your health. Wouldn not recommend to anybody.
Grannagh
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Waterford22 March 2018
Work there as a cleaner you get no respect in this place supervisor lazy doesn't do his job just sits in office playing on computer or watching films on you tube you as constantly wet you can't get sick joke of a place pay is terrible for the work you have to do
Pros
Noting
Cons
Cleaning supervisor hours you work pay is a joke
Awful place to work
Gereral operative (Former Employee) –  Ballyhaunis15 February 2018
Lifting heavy boxes all day, working in the cold chill, lot of responsibilities putting together large orders for low pay. Short unpaid breaks for breakfast and lunch.
Pros
No pros come to mind
Cons
Working in cold, heavy boxes, poor facilities in canteen, no bonus
enjoyable work place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Sligo18 January 2018
My typical day at dawn meat would be to handle the meat in a health and safety manner making sure it was carried out appropriately following the proper procedures in cutting and trimming the meat.
Work place was fun and the staff was helpful and hardworkers.
The hardest job was to make sure it all was carried out safely when handling food but it was good once it all was carried out.
Packaging/Machine Operator
Packaging/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleville, County Cork19 December 2017
 Received, inspected and stored meat upon delivery;
 Stored meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature;
 Removed finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items;
 Stopped or resettled machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor;
 Stocked and sorted product for packaging or filling machine operation and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels, among other duties.
Good practical work experience
Packer (Former Employee) –  County Waterford11 December 2017
Collating and processing order sheets for incoming and outgoing goods was a good experience for me as I learned much from the supervisor and the staff.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
N/a
Productive noisy place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilmacthomas, County Waterford18 October 2017
The same as above,too many people come and go.No payrise even if you are there 8-10 years.Very busy place very bored and hard job.Very cold place,very small locker room,very dirty toilet.
Pros
Free tee and coffe
Cons
Long hours hard jod
Quality focused work environment
Beef Abattoir (Current Employee) –  Ráth Domhnaigh, County Laois6 June 2017
I find Dawn Meats an overall good company to work for in regards to health and safety and how they treat their staff. The Job is not for everybody and can get quiet dirty at times but the management are always there to tend to the needs of people that need support.

Animal welfare is a huge part of their ethics which I like and the people there are also quiet nice.

What some people might find difficult is the initial introduction to blood and other matter that they might not usually come across on a daily basic but overall once fully trained and competent there is no jobs in there impossible.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Short Hours, 4 day week and minimum wage which is impossible to support a family on
productive
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Cross, County Waterford16 May 2017
On a day to day basis we are given a certain figure to match before our shift is over, most days we meet it and others we don't as we can sometimes be held up. The company that we work for is a large company. There is 15 workers on my shift this includes maintenence as they maintain machines at all times to make sure that everything is run smoothly.
Pros
we are charged for both lunches and dinners
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dawn Meats. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9