Dawn Meats

Dawn Meats Employee Reviews

Featured review
Dawn Meats selected this as a representative review
Most roles require working as part of a team which is good. Managers are very approachable and the hours offer a decent work-life balance. I enjoy working here.
Minimum wage for the work expected was disgraceful. Slave labour. I was working beside people that were on the old contract which meant if we start at 7am Id get minimum wage rate and they'd get double time on their rateIts a huge company it should at least pay the living wage A packet of hunky dorys and a box of cheap chocolates for working through the pandemic was embarrassing plus somehow we worked full time and got the government covid payment
Pros
Cons
Really hard work, big pressure for awful return
Very stresfull work enviroment. Basic pay, no career progression and a lots of overtime. Work life balance at zero and only contract work offered. Culture where you get blame for mistakes of others.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Basic pay, overtime, weekend work and contract work only.
I did my college work placement in the Food Safety and Quality Department and was offered a place on the Graduate Programme after finishing college. After completing the graduate programme (~2 years) there are excellent opportunities for advancement within the industry and the possibility to work in one of the other sites in Ireland or the UK. I gained extensive experience in the meat industry and also learned what it was like to work in a multi-national company. Management are very helpful and give you the chance to learn at every opportunity possible.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement within the business
Days move quickly as the job is challenging but rewarding, a structured and well thought induction allow you to see how a variety of jobs are undertaken giving you an appreciation of the task before you set about your role, support is in abundance and there is always someone able to point you in the right direction. People I have spoken to have made me feel welcome and advised that the options for progression are far and wide if wanted, I hope to continue on this path and look forward to enhancing my skills.
Pros
subsidized lunch
Cons
none as yet
An impossible place to work. Pay is poor considering the billions they make. Management are continuously making jobs more difficult. Place is run by accountants and hr and no one knows who there boss is. New staff nearly every week it’s like a revolving door amount of people coming and going. Some people start and leave within an hour of being in the job that must be a record for any factory and that says it all about this place really
Cons
Fun workplace but very bad working conditions and the money is not worth it and you also have a set time to start but you never know what time your finishing
These are scum to work for. During the covid 19 pandemic they are advising workers to take ibroprufen and paracetamol to lower temperatures so they can pass a temperature test even though some employees have the disease. The work is also crippling and soul destroying for minimum wage. They also tend to favor giving work to foreign nationalists.
very bad pay, people are friendly and some work well in a team,breaks are very bad considering they expect you to gown down and eat in twenty mins,mangement fair and ok too work it.
Rotten to the core owners are so called christians but only christian to the pound! Cant take enough of you high evidence that they are doctoring pay slips to cheat you out if your hours worked! Cant say an honestly good thing about the place and i worked there for 5 years one of my biggest regrets is that u stayed there for so long
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dawn Meats?
Management were terrible and were similar to slave drivers. At one point, with an issue regarding a problem during an inspection, one manager sought to blame me for this issue, whilst they had me working on a different area at the time. Disgraceful and unfair company to work for.
Start early (7:00am) and can often finish late. Pay is quite poor for a hard labour intensive day. Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and getting to know others.
Overall staff were pleasant and helpful however some staff tended to be self orientated and lacked ability to work as a team. Little flexible work hours and poor work culture
Bad place to work wages are scandelous for the amount of time you put in there..management and hr talk to you like your a child. Cheat with holidays and wages.. only apply if your really stuck for work
Productive and fun workplace, Some days were hectic, worst days were when we had not enough people to produce 100% quality products. Very happy with the weekends off
I spent here almost 6 years as a certified butcher, while my supervisor don't know anything about a job he supervises,higher management is not able to answer to "good morning",pay is horrible and if you are skilled enough,they don't even want to give you holidays because they need you,after 6 years I have 10,7 per hour and if I eat in canteen it is like 9 euros per day,I hate it but I have to be here
I look this company Dawn meats ltd give oportunity for all Man women etc and all jught boss and boss.. I thanks for one day I working in company Dawn meats ltd city midleton co cork..2003/2007..thank you God.. Thank you Dawn meats ltd..
Pros
Good food
Cons
No problem
Company cheating with meat, cheating on employees, cheating with holidays and salaries. Burgers and meat out of date going everytime back for rework.
Pros
Cons
This place should be shut down
It’s a shift work meat factory. Monday to Friday is great and the pay was decent enough aswell. Management on the floor are Okay but any management upstairs are far from it. HR is absolutely scandalous and how they look at cases/ employees are terrible. They do not care as you are just simply a number IN the clocking system.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Management are terrible. HR are worse. Meat factory, long days.
If you got sick they will put you on other place to work...harder and if you can't lift heavy pieces of meat (17-25 kg) you will got fired. This is not work for women.
Cons
Bad menangment
hardwork...management never happy.,,doing overtimes very often that is the only way how to get better money..never get a pay rise even if i was working there over ten years...
  1. Employee reviews