Dawn Meats

Dawn Meats Employee Reviews

Ireland33 reviews
Stressful work environment
Management were terrible and were similar to slave drivers. At one point, with an issue regarding a problem during an inspection, one manager sought to blame me for this issue, whilst they had me working on a different area at the time. Disgraceful and unfair company to work for.
Slave drivers
These are scum to work for.
During the covid 19 pandemic they are advising workers to take ibroprufen and paracetamol to lower temperatures so they can pass a temperature test even though some employees have the disease.

The work is also crippling and soul destroying for minimum wage.

They also tend to favor giving work to foreign nationalists.
workplace
racism a lot from the director, I worked in 2015, 2017. I paid to enter this work 500 euros.I got rid of the manager did not solve anything I got out and beat the supervisor
Dawn Meats Workplace
Start early (7:00am) and can often finish late. Pay is quite poor for a hard labour intensive day. Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and getting to know others.
Traditional work ethic
Overall staff were pleasant and helpful however some staff tended to be self orientated and lacked ability to work as a team. Little flexible work hours and poor work culture
Bad
Bad place to work wages are scandelous for the amount of time you put in there..management and hr talk to you like your a child. Cheat with holidays and wages.. only apply if your really stuck for work
Absolutely don't go here
I spent here almost 6 years as a certified butcher, while my supervisor don't know anything about a job he supervises,higher management is not able to answer to "good morning",pay is horrible and if you are skilled enough,they don't even want to give you holidays because they need you,after 6 years I have 10,7 per hour and if I eat in canteen it is like 9 euros per day,I hate it but I have to be here
Good company to work and every people so good Friends..
I look this company Dawn meats ltd give oportunity for all Man women etc and all jught boss and boss..
I thanks for one day I working in company Dawn meats ltd city midleton co cork..2003/2007..thank you God..

Thank you Dawn meats ltd..
Pros
Good food
Cons
No problem
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dawn Meats?
This place is joke...
Company cheating with meat, cheating on employees, cheating with holidays and salaries.
Burgers and meat out of date going everytime back for rework.
Pros
Cons
This place should be shut down
A meat factory..
It’s a shift work meat factory. Monday to Friday is great and the pay was decent enough aswell. Management on the floor are Okay but any management upstairs are far from it. HR is absolutely scandalous and how they look at cases/ employees are terrible. They do not care as you are just simply a number IN the clocking system.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Management are terrible. HR are worse. Meat factory, long days.
Awful place to work
If you got sick they will put you on other place to work...harder and if you can't lift heavy pieces of meat (17-25 kg) you will got fired. This is not work for women.
Cons
Bad menangment
hard work
hardwork...management never happy.,,doing overtimes very often that is the only way how to get better money..never get a pay rise even if i was working there over ten years...
Excellent Place to Work
Dawn Meats is a great place to work very well organised great workplace culture very busy but this suits me management was a pleasure to deal with very close to home I gained a lot of confidence as you are trained very well
Pros
Good Working Environment
Cons
Not knowing a finish time
down meat
is very good but not for some people and in the there however tthe factory environment are ok and very good place to work if u interest in and enjoy ur work
Pros
alright
Cons
great
Vary bad place to work
No safety rules, slave work.
Salary below required minimum. 8.9

Hard work conditions.

THey use opportunity that most people doesn't speak english.

Company can fire you within one week in trial period of 11 months and they often do that.

No care about your health. Wouldn not recommend to anybody.
Grannagh
Work there as a cleaner you get no respect in this place supervisor lazy doesn't do his job just sits in office playing on computer or watching films on you tube you as constantly wet you can't get sick joke of a place pay is terrible for the work you have to do
Pros
Noting
Cons
Cleaning supervisor hours you work pay is a joke
Awful place to work
Lifting heavy boxes all day, working in the cold chill, lot of responsibilities putting together large orders for low pay. Short unpaid breaks for breakfast and lunch.
Pros
No pros come to mind
Cons
Working in cold, heavy boxes, poor facilities in canteen, no bonus
enjoyable work place
My typical day at dawn meat would be to handle the meat in a health and safety manner making sure it was carried out appropriately following the proper procedures in cutting and trimming the meat.
Work place was fun and the staff was helpful and hardworkers.

The hardest job was to make sure it all was carried out safely when handling food but it was good once it all was carried out.
Packaging/Machine Operator
 Received, inspected and stored meat upon delivery;
 Stored meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature;

 Removed finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items;

 Stopped or resettled machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor;

 Stocked and sorted product for packaging or filling machine operation and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels, among other duties.
Good practical work experience
Collating and processing order sheets for incoming and outgoing goods was a good experience for me as I learned much from the supervisor and the staff.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
N/a
Productive noisy place
The same as above,too many people come and go.No payrise even if you are there 8-10 years.Very busy place very bored and hard job.Very cold place,very small locker room,very dirty toilet.
Pros
Free tee and coffe
Cons
Long hours hard jod