Dealz

Dealz Employee Reviews

Ireland113 reviews
not enough hours, and a lot of work for the hours thay give you. Treat staff differently, for nearly 2 years working there haven't got nothing back even asked many times for hours increase, but gived to who ever thay are close to,not to who working hard and trying there best.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
short hours
The management does not do much in terms of their job. The pay role will mess up your pay and take weeks to fix. The abuse you get from customers is not worth the money you get paid. The colleagues are all trying to benefit themselves instead of working as team. Poor training on the sales assistants and the managers training isn't suffice into going larger businesses
Look for somewhere else for a job
I enjoyed working in Dealz even though I was paid the very minimum wage of €6.56 when I worked there as a 16 year old.

I would recommend an online roster , sometimes circumstances prevent you from entering the shop to check when you have a shift.
I been working in Dealz for the past five years I learned a lot also I suggest idea to my manager.Which is taken on board
Also I get fed back from my manager which I find good in a manager
Overall I would say only work at Dealz if you can't find a job anywhere else. The work itself isn't the problem. It mainly consists of working at tills and self service checkouts, stocking shelves, cleaning the store and assisting customers so it’s easy enough. However a job in almost any other major retail chain would be better pay and benefits wise.
Pros
Good hours for part timers, good uniform, friendly coworkers
Cons
Very minimal training, under 20s are paid reduced rate of minimum wage, no staff discount or benefits, no sick pay, hours constantly changing, roster only published every weekend for following week so it can be hard to make long term plans
Learned many new skills in retail and other, usually stoked shelves, cleaned or manned the tills.
Happy and supportive environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working In a team and communication within the team.
I enjoyed working for Dealz and they suited my hours around me as I had a lot going on in my life. The place totally comes down to managers, and if they like you and you are in their clique. I was always stepping forward and also making it well known I’d like to move up the chain, and really want to get the know the ins and outs but this never happened so I decided to leave. It’s a place where teamwork is vital which is great.
Worst place in the world to work. Too much demand that at the end of the month there are always problems with payments, I worked six months and I was never paid properly and I still quit my job and they owe me money. There is no management or head office to help you, nobody knows anything. Don't do this to yourself!
Found it difficult at the start to get the hang of managing the safe but in the end I got good at it.
I find bullying in the work place is not dealt with in a professional manner as it should.

Its a fast paste work Enviroment and if your an active person it suits.

I find retail really nice you meet lovely people and get to help your customers
I enjoyed working there, but the contracts were low on hours, so couldn't afford rent working here alone.

Also they promise quick advancement but were unable to live up to this promise.

Christmas bonus was a small discount on selected Dealz products.

Did enjoy it though.

Not a bad place to work but not great career wise.
The staff and managment are great but managment have zero control when it comes to payroll bending you over and hiding behind their phones in the uk. I was hired for the early delivery shift of 4.15 - 1.15.
I worked all of December doing 140 hours. I was told I would be paid monthly starting 5th January. On 31st Dec they put 517 euros in my bank and issued no payslip. My collegue recieved a payslip but no "pin code" to go with it. I quit 7 days later as still no payslip given. Payroll are incompetent so i cant reccommendvworking here.

Ccouldnt
Great place to work staff all friendly and management too. Not worked in a place so stress free before it was one of my best working experiences.
I started a lot of my days working with Dealz at 4:15 AM. I thought I would adjust to getting up this early but I didn't. It never really got any easier. Although the work itself was not too strenuous or stressful it was the early starts that ruined this work for me.
the store manager did not know how to treat their workers equally. to much pressure in the simple things. but nice environment to work with colleagues.
Terrible company to work for. You get treated like a slave, as management we work more than anyone in the shop. That includes packing out delivery and working tills, you will spend half your time working tills and packing.
stay well aware from the company!!! since changing to monthly pay all staff are constantly been left short of wages, we work hard enough for it managers dont care one bit... you will get rostered maybe 12/16 hours maybe less & most weeks they will hop your phone with calls to go in very frustrating, why not just give the hours out, they arnt welcoming to new staff very rude its unbelievable.
Hours can be a bit all over the place. There’s always a problem with higher up management. It’s a nice place to work people wise. Either get early starts or late finishes.
Dealz as a whole is not worth the money they pay. Depending on what shop your in the staff may make the job easier or better for you but the role isn’t worth the pay. Feels like your constantly in work and still have no money. Most management are horrible two faced only care about themselves. Not they’re staff. At the end of the day your only a number to them and easily replaced. If not in college or if you don’t have a child then it’s not worth the hours
Terrible pay, they want you to try and get people to buy stuff that they don’t want and it’s not a secure job. It’s very monotonous and a lot of the customers think it’s okay to be rude to you because it’s a low paid job.
This company are reactive never proactive they set unrealistic targets for management with the lower base duty managers put under huge pressure to complete tasks that their pay grade does not warrant.
With the parent company pound land and the senior management having no idea how to run a store except on a spreadsheet think that they know it all and continuously change things and expect stores to implement 100% yesterday.

When things are not met to standards they do not look at things realistically it's just your fault and the senior management do nothing to back up their stores and have very short memories when things are not going their way.

The colleagues that you work with are on basic wage and work hard but are made feel just as under appreciated as the stores managers by these gestapo style people who think that a summary on a piece of paper by some genius in an office is how a store operates.

I have had some really good people work with me that literally feel like dirt that are on a roller coaster of emotion because of these people & lack of management support outside of the our management team.

You bleed for your store & your colleagues do too just to be knocked down on a regular basis that saps your moral and the moral of your team which makes you wonder why you do it at all.

Structure in stores change more than the weather and then again & again because some person has a brainwave thats going to reinvent things so it's easier but it never does & then it happens over and over.

Support office is non existent, hiring people takes up to 4 weeks, payroll is
 - more...
Pros
Some of the hard working lower level managers & colleagues you work with
Cons
Awful place to work. No support in the company. Forced to work crazy hours without the correct breaks in between.
High expectations but no direction or help in achieving them and punished when not done correctly.

Horrible management and staff. Would not recommend working here at all.
Pros
Cons
Everyth