Dealz

Dealz Employee Reviews

I liked the job as enjoyed working early and finishing early. I didn't like sometimes being undermined. Found them not sympathetic when I was having a few personal issues. Also when I asked a manager to be my referee he said yes but became uncontactable shortly after.
No training for staff, you have to learn by yourself. Top manager is rude most of the time and you have no space for a conversation. Payroll team does many mistakes every month and staff have a big difficulty to get the money back.Shifts are mad, you can't plan anything because they change the Shifts every time and you never know. I don't recommend to anyone.
Pros
10% discount in purchase
Dreadful place to work, low pay, no training at all. Store manager does nothing! Duty managers run the shop and their expected to do everything for a dreadful wage! You could work yourself to the ground for these and nothing will be done for you in return. The higher up in the companies are the most ignorant people you'll ever come across, they couldn't care less about anyone who works for them. Under 20s are paid buttons and their treated like dirt, It's a easy job don't get me wrong but if you want a job that you don't want to be going home with only 140 euro a week id avoid it because they only give you the minimum hours on your contract! Easy to climb up the ladder but that's only because managers are leaving so much!
Pros
Staff are nice
Cons
pay, terrible hours, management.
If you are looking for a high stress fast paced work environment where you get no reward, recognition or thanks for your efforts. Where the company expects you to work for unrealistic targets with skeleton crews and ever changing plans with no support due to the fact that the company is an after thought behind Poundland then dealz is the place for you. Nothing you do can ever be good enough, management generally don't get breaks and do most of the work. 40 HR salary with no overtime so if you work over 40 hours you will not get paid for it and trust me you will work more than 40 hours.
Pros
You can meet some nice people and gain some experience
Cons
No work life balance, no respect, poor pay for workload
Don’t do it, tyrants at helm. It will completely destroy your career and turn you away from retail. Stress and anxiety will become part of your everyday life.
Very easy to climb the ladder as turnover of mgt and staff is very high they expect alot of work but the pay doesn't do it justice long shifts rota can often change unexpectedly store manager gets all the early shifts has more staff but workload is left until dms are on, dms work all the lates with very little staff and alot more work
Pros
Easy to get promoted
Cons
Wages dont match the work load
Started off been a great company to work for but with all the cut backs its left to management to get all the work done. Expected to work 60 hours a week minimum with no extra pay, not as much as a thank you
Pros
Any common sense and you'll become a manager in no time
Cons
Forget your personal life if you do get promotion
not enough hours, and a lot of work for the hours thay give you. Treat staff differently, for nearly 2 years working there haven't got nothing back even asked many times for hours increase, but gived to who ever thay are close to,not to who working hard and trying there best.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
short hours
The management does not do much in terms of their job. The pay role will mess up your pay and take weeks to fix. The abuse you get from customers is not worth the money you get paid. The colleagues are all trying to benefit themselves instead of working as team. Poor training on the sales assistants and the managers training isn't suffice into going larger businesses Look for somewhere else for a job
I enjoyed working in Dealz even though I was paid the very minimum wage of €6.56 when I worked there as a 16 year old. I would recommend an online roster , sometimes circumstances prevent you from entering the shop to check when you have a shift.
I been working in Dealz for the past five years I learned a lot also I suggest idea to my manager.Which is taken on board Also I get fed back from my manager which I find good in a manager
Overall I would say only work at Dealz if you can't find a job anywhere else. The work itself isn't the problem. It mainly consists of working at tills and self service checkouts, stocking shelves, cleaning the store and assisting customers so it’s easy enough. However a job in almost any other major retail chain would be better pay and benefits wise.
Pros
Good hours for part timers, good uniform, friendly coworkers
Cons
Very minimal training, under 20s are paid reduced rate of minimum wage, no staff discount or benefits, no sick pay, hours constantly changing, roster only published every weekend for following week so it can be hard to make long term plans
Learned many new skills in retail and other, usually stoked shelves, cleaned or manned the tills. Happy and supportive environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working In a team and communication within the team.
I enjoyed working for Dealz and they suited my hours around me as I had a lot going on in my life. The place totally comes down to managers, and if they like you and you are in their clique. I was always stepping forward and also making it well known I’d like to move up the chain, and really want to get the know the ins and outs but this never happened so I decided to leave. It’s a place where teamwork is vital which is great.
Worst place in the world to work. Too much demand that at the end of the month there are always problems with payments, I worked six months and I was never paid properly and I still quit my job and they owe me money. There is no management or head office to help you, nobody knows anything. Don't do this to yourself!
Found it difficult at the start to get the hang of managing the safe but in the end I got good at it. I find bullying in the work place is not dealt with in a professional manner as it should. Its a fast paste work Enviroment and if your an active person it suits. I find retail really nice you meet lovely people and get to help your customers
I enjoyed working there, but the contracts were low on hours, so couldn't afford rent working here alone. Also they promise quick advancement but were unable to live up to this promise. Christmas bonus was a small discount on selected Dealz products. Did enjoy it though. Not a bad place to work but not great career wise.
The staff and managment are great but managment have zero control when it comes to payroll bending you over and hiding behind their phones in the uk. I was hired for the early delivery shift of 4.15 - 1.15. I worked all of December doing 140 hours. I was told I would be paid monthly starting 5th January. On 31st Dec they put 517 euros in my bank and issued no payslip. My collegue recieved a payslip but no "pin code" to go with it. I quit 7 days later as still no payslip given. Payroll are incompetent so i cant reccommendvworking here. Ccouldnt
Great place to work staff all friendly and management too. Not worked in a place so stress free before it was one of my best working experiences.
I started a lot of my days working with Dealz at 4:15 AM. I thought I would adjust to getting up this early but I didn't. It never really got any easier. Although the work itself was not too strenuous or stressful it was the early starts that ruined this work for me.
the store manager did not know how to treat their workers equally. to much pressure in the simple things. but nice environment to work with colleagues.
  1. Employee reviews