Debenhams Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway16 May 2018
Got treated like one of their own, all very kind people and fun to work with, good teamwork and communication skills in the workplacement. treats customers with a lot of respect
Pros
discount after working there for 3 months
Cons
long breaks
exciting
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare9 April 2018
i enjoyed my time at Debenhams.The people i worked with allowed me to gain knowledge of the retail environment. The training was excellent and allowed me to get to know my colleagues more also.
good place to work
food adviser (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 March 2018
friendly team , profesionnel management , lovley place to work , good traininig helpful , nice atmospher in work i learn a lot thing in debenhams like nice cosutmer service and manuel handling as well
Cons
extra hour
Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare20 February 2018
I loved my work with debenhams i learned so much and the staff are amazing i highly recommend debenhams as an amazing store and amazing staff and would work there again.
Friendly and Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patricks Street28 January 2018
Everyone was so nice, and took time to make sure you were comfortable in what you were doing. Mistakes were not met with anger or frustration, but by helping you to learn form them.
nice people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 January 2018
Pay and advancement opportunities aren't great. Managers and other employees very nice and easy to work with. Hours can be awkward and slow environment at times.
Well run department store with wonderful staff and management.
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Galway2 January 2018
Excellent department store with lots of variety for employees and ample opportunities to work around Family and college. Great discounts and most importantly, a great atmosphere.
Pros
Discounts and subsidized lunches.
Friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare22 November 2017
I did a one week work experience with Debenhams in Whitewater, Newbridge. I worked independently most of the time and was asked to do different tasks from time to time. I developed my organisation skills, time management skills and communication skills as I did my work experiemce.The staff that worked there were very friendly and always helped me with any task I found difficult. There wasn't any difficult parts to the job as I was only doing small tasks. The most enjoyable part was being able to reduce the work load on the staff, it was a stressful week as they were preparing for stock take.
Pros
Being allowed to work independently.
Cons
Having to leave one task to attend the dressing rooms constantly.
Debanhams
Supervisor Temp (Limerick) (Former Employee) –  limerick7 October 2017
Would organize my team and make a list of tasks to be done on the day.

Dealing with complaints from customers throughout the store.

Closing the store.
Pros
good pay
Cons
last salary was not given
Ok place to work
Loss pervention (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2017
Would never work for them again hours are to long and ask to do to much for the money they pay. When you work over time. They pay time in lieu. And you never get the time back.
Pros
Dicount card
Cons
Long hours and ask to do to much for the money they pay
good work place
dressing rooms assisting (Former Employee) –  Cork7 September 2017
It was a good job. It wasnt for me in terms of work. I found it very tedious. The days were long and I didnt get paid as it was work experience. I learned how to deal with customers.
Pros
Long lunch
Great
Senior Technical Services advisor (Former Employee) –  tralee1 September 2017
Really good company to work for. Nice and relaxed. never stressed. enjoyed my time there. Only left to follow my dream job. Managers were always fair.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 July 2017
When I first started in Debenhams I had no experience of working in retail but after a few weeks it was second nature to me thanks to the great staff and fantastic management within Debenhams.
Pros
great location
Cons
Low pay, and so unprofessional management.
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 July 2017
Low pay

Unprofessional management

Less weekly hours contract.

Your roster can be changed over night without you being informed, its just not a happy place to work for.

Only positive is the colleagues you work with.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 June 2017
A typical day in Debenhams was just like an ordinary day at work, there were barely any customers in the morning, but as the day proceeded it got busier.

I learned how to use the price marker and learned how Sales work. The hardest part of work was to stand for a long period of time. (I was allocated to the Fragrance department)
Pros
Nice staff
Irina Egan
Sales (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin4 May 2017
Whilst working in Debenhams I learned a lot about the retail trade, assessing customer's budgets and encouraging their interest in the products I was selling. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was when I made a sale. The workplace culture was pleasant and I enjoyed the interaction with other staff members. A typical day @ work was from 9.00 to 5pm.

What I learned from this experience is that I very much enjoy with people and also the challenge of retail sales. The management were very helpful.
Pros
working in a pleasant environment
Trainee Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 April 2017
I did different things everyday, this was actually as a work experience in fourth year and i really enjoyed it, I would recommend this to everyone looking for a job
Great Workplace
Sales assistant and Customer Service advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
Really enjoyed my time here the staff and management were friendly and helpful. Great experience and enjoyable work. would recommend working here highly..
Great staff the hours are horrible
Retail (Former Employee) –  Henry street Dublin5 April 2017
Your on your feet all day I would recommend it for people that don't mind it the Money was alright the manger was lovely and very helpful great for experience if your looking for it
Pros
The staff
Cons
The hours
Friendly work enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 April 2017
I enjoyed working here, as it was a fun friendly working environment. From this job I have learned i have an interest in working in the retail sector. It was great getting the chance to experience the busy season of Christmas in a department store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.