Debenhams
Debenhams Employee Review

Productive and energetic workplace, always something to do.

8 March 2017
Although my time in Debenhams was short, I did enjoy working there. It requires a patience, energy, good customer service and some knowledge of products. Attention to detail is a must and one must always strive to exceed customer expectation. Often a busy environment and required to perform multiple task. The biggest let-down for me was the pay. Not only was it monthly instead of weekly (preferable), I also wasn't entitled to receive ANY overtime pay until AFTER Christmas. I worked a lot of overtime. That needs to change for Christmas staff pronto. All in all, a good place to work.
Pros
Always something to do, never boring.
Cons
Often get late notice of shift changes, long hours, monthly pay.
6 April 2016
Same roleSame location
Christmas Staff (Former Employee) - Waterford, UK
Although I was employed during the busy Christmas period, working here became very repetitive and the slow pace did not help. Although it had a positive environment, it is not one I would like to pursue a long term career in.
15 March 2017
Same location
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) - Waterford
Debenhams was a very enjoyable place to work with friendly staff and management. I learned a lot about how how large stores engage with customers which will be very helpful moving forward.
4 November 2015
Same location
Sales advisor (Former Employee) - Waterford
it was enjoyable and the staff discount is very good. the co workers are great and very helpfull. the managment are also nice and i have never expeiernced any bad team work. the training is extensive. the only con is the hours while on christmas contract, they are not very flexible.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
long time on your feet