Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork15 reviews
I worked here for a week for my lcvp work experience and it was a very fun week and I learned a lot from it for example how to specifically lay ou the shelves and how to deal with customers. The staff are very friendly. The only hard part in the job was the long hours but the friendly staff made it fly.
Pros
Lovely staff make it easier
Cons
i really enjoyed wokring in debhamhens it was good workplace and the great employers were great i would recomend to a freind to work here unfortunitly my contract was only christmas
Pros
breaks
Cons
breaks
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the staff and management, the inhouse training is excellent and its a very welcoming environment, working to the best of your ability is expected but any errors a staff member makes are calmly discussed.
Pros
Discounts at Christmas and offers through the store are of benefit
Cons
Early hours
my contract was temporary, for the most part it was enjoyable.. however the job description was far from what was expected and felt for the level of work required the salary didnt reflect this. My rota changed daily and without prior notice
It was a good job. It wasnt for me in terms of work. I found it very tedious. The days were long and I didnt get paid as it was work experience. I learned how to deal with customers.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Very enjoyable job, I started as a Sales advisor and worked up to Supervisor of Childrenswear, which involved organizing timetables for the staff in my department and also distribution of the work load, including merchandising the department and manning the tills. Before I left the job I had started the training program for management.
I have always enjoyed dealing with the public
Pros
Staff discount
Friendly staff,Long hours,great lunch break,learned till management,dealing with customers and general stock recovery
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
difficult customers
Very good work environment great place to work friendly staff. Loved working there would recommend to anyone applying to
Learned a lot there in regards to dealing with general public. My sales techniques were refined and improved on. Was the highest seller of store cards in the country.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
No job satisfaction
A typical day at work in Debenhams was always productive there was always something to do. I learnt about how the world of retail works and also the. My co workers were very friendly and embracing they made it easy for my to fit in. The hardest part of the job was making sure that various clothes where put in their correct places due to size and type of cloth. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their various difficulty.
Pros
In town
Cons
the
management are understanding, workplace is productive, learned cooperative skills and time management skills. Co-workers are all nice people, no real difficulties personally with the job.
Taking turns with co-workers in the changing rooms. Organising the stock on the shop floor by sizes, brands and colours so they are eye catching. Co-workers were very kind. Meet loads of new people.
Fast pacing work environment. Mangers communicated well with employees. Lots of client interaction on a daily basis, which I enjoyed.
Greeted quests and dance entertainment at a company function
Bookmaker at a company function

Selling cosmetics

Entertainment at Miss Personality Cork
Gave great insight into the way things work in a big company like debenhams