Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews in Dublin

I've worked with Debenhams for around 4 years not on and of during the Summer months and Winter months. When I began I really enjoyed working there the environment was ok. There were cliques of employees who have worked there for more than a few years, but with seasonal staff changing regularly it was easy to make friends. I was fully till trained when I first started, and shown the in's and outs of the company and how everything ran. The staff who are new in now in 2019 have bad training and are unsure on how to do many things in the store such as speak to customers at the till and how to do recovery on the floor. Many family members are being hired which isn't giving people outside of the work environment a chance to work with the company. Many young employees are leaving and the management is low also. The pay is monthly and the hours are based on a fixed contract. I am currently working 12 hours per week and have been asking for extra hours constantly which I am not being given, whereas new summer staff are being given them which I find completely unfair.
Pros
Understandable about holidays and request days off work.
Cons
Pay, training, hours and management.
Restaurante descontraido e staff amigavel. Para intercambistas, ótimo local para se treinar ingles com os nativos. O único problema é que dão poucas horas por semana.
I enjoyed who I worked with in the Debenhams but not who I work for as I'm constantly either given false hope or straight up lied to. The managment get very big headed and have selective memory plus can do stuff thats quite frankly illegal. Hardest Part of the job is staying motivated when your pay isn't worth it and knowing that managment are only there to critize or make it seem like they're working. I will say that the staff I work with are the best part hands down, friendly and will always have your back.
I would not recommend working for debenhams to anyone. Management is a disgrace. No encouragement or ever anything good to say. Mistakes are picked up on I instantly but good work is never recognised.
Although I was only hired as temporary Christmas staff I really enjoyed working in Debenhams and found it to be a great work environment. They have some fantastic managers and a great training system.
A lot of standing on your feet. Easy to pick up. Received payment for till training. Good starting job, must be able to talk to customers regularly in a polite manner.
friendly team , profesionnel management , lovley place to work , good traininig helpful , nice atmospher in work i learn a lot thing in debenhams like nice cosutmer service and manuel handling as well
Cons
extra hour
As much as I enjoyed my time in Debenhams, I found the job very unchallenging thus making it boring. I found management very unorganised which often affected results in terms of sales and staff turnover. Despite this, I thoroughly enjoyed providing training as part of my supervisor role.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Longer hours than wished for
Pay and advancement opportunities aren't great. Managers and other employees very nice and easy to work with. Hours can be awkward and slow environment at times.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Debenhams?
Would never work for them again hours are to long and ask to do to much for the money they pay. When you work over time. They pay time in lieu. And you never get the time back.
Pros
Dicount card
Cons
Long hours and ask to do to much for the money they pay
When I first started in Debenhams I had no experience of working in retail but after a few weeks it was second nature to me thanks to the great staff and fantastic management within Debenhams.
Pros
great location
Cons
Low pay Unprofessional management Less weekly hours contract. Your roster can be changed over night without you being informed, its just not a happy place to work for. Only positive is the colleagues you work with.
A typical day in Debenhams was just like an ordinary day at work, there were barely any customers in the morning, but as the day proceeded it got busier. I learned how to use the price marker and learned how Sales work. The hardest part of work was to stand for a long period of time. (I was allocated to the Fragrance department)
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
I did different things everyday, this was actually as a work experience in fourth year and i really enjoyed it, I would recommend this to everyone looking for a job
Really enjoyed my time here the staff and management were friendly and helpful. Great experience and enjoyable work. would recommend working here highly..
Your on your feet all day I would recommend it for people that don't mind it the Money was alright the manger was lovely and very helpful great for experience if your looking for it
Pros
The staff
Cons
The hours
My day was always busy I would always find something to do. I learned how to deal with a lot of different situations that arose during my time in Debenhams. Learned new skills in stock management which I enjoyed, I grew in confidence when managing the floor especially when I was on my own. When working in a team I always got my staff to do their best to make the day go smoothly and get the jobs done to the best of their ability and to get the best out of each person. I never felt my job was hard as I prioritised work for each day and kept calm to get everything done. Working with my co-workers and managers was very enjoyable as I got on with everyone and I wanted to learn more to help improve my role as supervisor.
Pros
Discount and holidays
Cons
Late nights not good hours if you have a family
busy and productive but fun typical day, learned good teamwork,Management were good,co workers great, hardest part of job was the monotany of daily tasks, best part was helping customers and staff.
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
hours went up and down
To work at Debenhams was really enjoyable place... I learned how to be kind on customer service. How to serve customers at the till How to focus when customer aren't happy Tidy up and keep the store clean and nice
In this company I have been treated amazingly. I have had fantastic training and have met some fantastic people from the beginninig of my employment.
I enjoyed the experience that I had at this store. I was blessed enough to work at a store that I was fond of. A normal day at work would be that I would arrive to work around 10 tidy up the place by pricing and tagging clothes I would also have to assist on customers that need help. Would have a one hour break in the Afternoon and would go on with my work. With this job I learned to be more open and talk to people because that what has to be done must of the time. Also how to manage and organize things. The hardest part of the job was the fact that doing the same thing everyday and the load of work. I didnt like the working hours as I felt that it was too much.
Pros
One hour break
Cons
Long Hours