Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews in Dublin

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 2,269 reviews
Do not recommend
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2019
I would not recommend working for debenhams to anyone. Management is a disgrace. No encouragement or ever anything good to say. Mistakes are picked up on I instantly but good work is never recognised.
Good Work Environment With Excellent Managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2019
Although I was only hired as temporary Christmas staff I really enjoyed working in Debenhams and found it to be a great work environment. They have some fantastic managers and a great training system.
Typical retail workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 August 2018
A lot of standing on your feet. Easy to pick up. Received payment for till training. Good starting job, must be able to talk to customers regularly in a polite manner.
good place to work
food adviser (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 March 2018
friendly team , profesionnel management , lovley place to work , good traininig helpful , nice atmospher in work i learn a lot thing in debenhams like nice cosutmer service and manuel handling as well
Cons
extra hour
Energetic but monotonous workplace
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 February 2018
As much as I enjoyed my time in Debenhams, I found the job very unchallenging thus making it boring. I found management very unorganised which often affected results in terms of sales and staff turnover. Despite this, I thoroughly enjoyed providing training as part of my supervisor role.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Longer hours than wished for
nice people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 January 2018
Pay and advancement opportunities aren't great. Managers and other employees very nice and easy to work with. Hours can be awkward and slow environment at times.
Ok place to work
Loss pervention (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2017
Would never work for them again hours are to long and ask to do to much for the money they pay. When you work over time. They pay time in lieu. And you never get the time back.
Pros
Dicount card
Cons
Long hours and ask to do to much for the money they pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 July 2017
When I first started in Debenhams I had no experience of working in retail but after a few weeks it was second nature to me thanks to the great staff and fantastic management within Debenhams.
Pros
great location
Cons
Low pay, and so unprofessional management.
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 July 2017
Low pay

Unprofessional management

Less weekly hours contract.

Your roster can be changed over night without you being informed, its just not a happy place to work for.

Only positive is the colleagues you work with.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 June 2017
A typical day in Debenhams was just like an ordinary day at work, there were barely any customers in the morning, but as the day proceeded it got busier.

I learned how to use the price marker and learned how Sales work. The hardest part of work was to stand for a long period of time. (I was allocated to the Fragrance department)
Pros
Nice staff
Trainee Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 April 2017
I did different things everyday, this was actually as a work experience in fourth year and i really enjoyed it, I would recommend this to everyone looking for a job
Great Workplace
Sales assistant and Customer Service advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
Really enjoyed my time here the staff and management were friendly and helpful. Great experience and enjoyable work. would recommend working here highly..
Great staff the hours are horrible
Retail (Former Employee) –  Henry street Dublin5 April 2017
Your on your feet all day I would recommend it for people that don't mind it the Money was alright the manger was lovely and very helpful great for experience if your looking for it
Pros
The staff
Cons
The hours
Busy and enjoyable
Retail sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2016
My day was always busy I would always find something to do. I learned how to deal with a lot of different situations that arose during my time in Debenhams. Learned new skills in stock management which I enjoyed, I grew in confidence when managing the floor especially when I was on my own. When working in a team I always got my staff to do their best to make the day go smoothly and get the jobs done to the best of their ability and to get the best out of each person. I never felt my job was hard as I prioritised work for each day and kept calm to get everything done. Working with my co-workers and managers was very enjoyable as I got on with everyone and I wanted to learn more to help improve my role as supervisor.
Pros
Discount and holidays
Cons
Late nights not good hours if you have a family
very good place to work and staff nice people
Stockroom Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 August 2016
busy and productive but fun typical day, learned good teamwork,Management were good,co workers great, hardest part of job was the monotany of daily tasks, best part was helping customers and staff.
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
hours went up and down
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 March 2016
To work at Debenhams was really enjoyable place... I learned how to be kind on customer service. How to serve customers at the till
How to focus when customer aren't happy
Tidy up and keep the store clean and nice
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland11 December 2015
In this company I have been treated amazingly. I have had fantastic training and have met some fantastic people from the beginninig of my employment.
A learning experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Town, County Dublin30 November 2015
I enjoyed the experience that I had at this store. I was blessed enough to work at a store that I was fond of. A normal day at work would be that I would arrive to work around 10 tidy up the place by pricing and tagging clothes I would also have to assist on customers that need help. Would have a one hour break in the Afternoon and would go on with my work. With this job I learned to be more open and talk to people because that what has to be done must of the time. Also how to manage and organize things. The hardest part of the job was the fact that doing the same thing everyday and the load of work. I didnt like the working hours as I felt that it was too much.
Pros
One hour break
Cons
Long Hours
Productive workplace
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D20 October 2015
it was a great retail experience. i learned about the order staff must under take. my typical day at work was very busy especially because ive worked around christmas time. my co-workers were very nice and helpful.
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Dublin city20 October 2015
Was great place to work. Friendly staff that were always willing to help and develop new staff. I learnt a lot during my placement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.