Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews in Limerick

Limerick15 reviews
My day would begin with overseeing the work of my retail staff setting goals for performances and deadlines in ways to comply with company plans and visions. I would organise workflow and ensure staff would understand their duties or delegated tasks I would monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching. Maintaining a positive attitude.
I would support manage
Debenhams was a great place to work , a typical day in work would be a mix of putting out stock ,labelling and marking sale items , helping customers , closing and counting the till , serving at the till and cleaning my department . I learned how to use the till how to talk to customers and how to use other work devices i also learned how to work as part of a team . The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers and the most enjoyable was the till.
Brilliant company to work for. I loved working there. Staff are lovely and everyone is friendly and work hard together as a team.
Very close relationships built along the way.
a typical day was dealing with the public what I learned was people skills management weren't the nicest I was only in 4th year when I worked here and they weren't friendly
When I worked in Debenhams I learned how to use a cash-register and how to make the window displays properly. I also had to work a lot with people which improved my communication skills and inter-personal skills by working with customer queries.
Pros
Friendly collegues
Cons
Would organize my team and make a list of tasks to be done on the day.

Dealing with complaints from customers throughout the store.

Closing the store.
Pros
good pay
Cons
last salary was not given
I enjoyed working here, as it was a fun friendly working environment. From this job I have learned i have an interest in working in the retail sector. It was great getting the chance to experience the busy season of Christmas in a department store.
i loved working in Depenhams, i only did work experience but i really enjoyed working there, the staff are so nice and the customers are really nice too.
Brillent great experience of the working life . Really enjoyed my time there and meeting and greeting new people. I learnt a lot of new skills like my communation skills etc.
Pros
helped me inprove my communation skills.
Cons
9 hours a day.
I was on work experience and when the work experience the stores were not busy and there was no position for me, i was working in the stores and displaying items for sale in the window taking stock on the floors and checking stock in for the store manager
Pros
nice people
Cons
finishing up
I worked on the man's department as seller. This work placement gave me more the luck to improve my English. I really enjoy it.
Great atmosphere, I helped customers with there wants and needs, I learned a lot with cash transactions , my co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with. loved my time working in debenhams.
Learnt about customer service, shop layout and design.
Staff are helpful.
fantastic place to work
a typical day includes serving customers

managing the floor

stock arranging

delivery's to be processed

counting the cash in the till at end of day

Management were great at first then started to go downhill very fast as the good ones left only to be replaced by unqualified people

the hardest part was working under bad management as it had a knock on effect in all areas of the company

the most enjoyable was the thrill of helping customers make important decisions on purchases and being able to beat my daily target
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours bad pay
A typical day for me in the mens department was to go in serve customers and answer any questions the customer may have also packing stock and tidying clothes, management were very motavating and nice to work for and the co workers were really nice, there wasnt any hard parts to the job and the most enjoyable part was i liked going to work.
Pros
good company to work for, friendly staff and easy work
Cons
late finishes