Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews in Tralee, County Kerry

Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 2,271 reviews
Good company to work for
companyManager (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry6 December 2019
If you are well to work many doors will open for you, great company to work for , really focused on training so you can delivery results , would recommend debenham as employers
Management Stressful and Bullies
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry27 January 2019
A typical day at work for me included constantly being rushed along by management/supervisors and over-worked whilst management and supervisors often stood around talking or went on long breaks while the rest of us had scarce breaks whilst working non-stop.

In the time that i worked there i had gotten sick in my mouth at work 2 or 3 days and was feeling very drained and dizzy. When i asked if there was anyway i could go home i was told no and was often bullied into staying even though sick people should not be at work especially when working with food! That was even in the training we had been given.

The work you do there is too much considering you get paid minimum wage and the food is extremely over-priced there. If you work 5 hours or even 5 hours 59 minutes you get a 15 minute break and if you work 6 hours you get a 30 minutes break. In that time you are supposed to eat something and take a break for yourself whilst being back at work before your break is up so you are not late. When i worked there i often went downstairs to get lunch cause the food upstairs did not appeal to me at all and i often found that i was watched and given odd looks by a certain supervisor, because i dared get my lunch from anywhere but Debenhams.

Although what i have said above is mainly negative, i can say without a doubt most of the staff i worked with were very nice and made working there okay.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Stressful, minimum wage, little breaks, bad management
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry2 December 2018
A typical day would include taking new orders onto the shelves and organising them in order of size. I would also have to supervise the changing rooms.
Nice and helpful staff, work is relatively straight forward yet keeps you on your feet.
Overall an enjoyable job as I get to see the new fashions and styles and also channel my creativity when making new clothes displays.
Pros
Discounts on lunches
Cons
Sometimes boring
Great
Senior Technical Services advisor (Former Employee) –  tralee1 September 2017
Really good company to work for. Nice and relaxed. never stressed. enjoyed my time there. Only left to follow my dream job. Managers were always fair.
Great overall work place
Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry28 March 2017
Started in Tralee Branch from the transfer of Roches Stores at the time.
Amazing management and staff and great bunch to work with.
Well organised.
I was always very busy so days went very fast.
Always upbeat and positive.
Good training and proceedures.
A fair system for all everyone got the same treatment.
Pros
Overall very good
Working Environment
My role was a sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry23 January 2017
I enjoyed working in Debenhams. All fellow staff members were very helpful and nice. I loved the environment on the shop floor and generally enjoyed a busy day of work. The training was very good enabling me to perform well. I learned how to manage time efficiently, give the customers first preference and to obey instructions and hit objectives. The hardest part of the job was working the till on a very busy day.
Pros
extra pay on sundays
Cons
sore on feet all day