Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews for Retail Manager

Retail Manager3 reviews
Ireland3 reviews
Some of my work duties
My day would begin with overseeing the work of my retail staff setting goals for performances and deadlines in ways to comply with company plans and visions. I would organise workflow and ensure staff would understand their duties or delegated tasks I would monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching. Maintaining a positive attitude.
I would support manage
lovely work atmosphere
Very enjoyable job, I started as a Sales advisor and worked up to Supervisor of Childrenswear, which involved organizing timetables for the staff in my department and also distribution of the work load, including merchandising the department and manning the tills. Before I left the job I had started the training program for management.
I have always enjoyed dealing with the public
Pros
Staff discount
Busy and enjoyable
My day was always busy I would always find something to do. I learned how to deal with a lot of different situations that arose during my time in Debenhams. Learned new skills in stock management which I enjoyed, I grew in confidence when managing the floor especially when I was on my own. When working in a team I always got my staff to do their best to make the day go smoothly and get the jobs done to the best of their ability and to get the best out of each person. I never felt my job was hard as I prioritised work for each day and kept calm to get everything done. Working with my co-workers and managers was very enjoyable as I got on with everyone and I wanted to learn more to help improve my role as supervisor.
Pros
Discount and holidays
Cons
Late nights not good hours if you have a family