Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

management are understanding, workplace is productive, learned cooperative skills and time management skills. Co-workers are all nice people, no real difficulties personally with the job.
The work was fairly typical of a retail job. My main criticism was with the management. They were extremely unfriendly and unapproachable. They rarely had the lunch/break schedule done out so staff often had to seek out a manager to ask to take a break. Hours were long and pay was poor. Shifts were often changed without any notice. The other staff were generally friendly. We started the job untrained and unable to use the tills, other members of staff had to guide us through it.
Pros
Easygoing environment
Cons
Low pay Unprofessional management Less weekly hours contract. Your roster can be changed over night without you being informed, its just not a happy place to work for. Only positive is the colleagues you work with.
it was enjoyable and the staff discount is very good. the co workers are great and very helpfull. the managment are also nice and i have never expeiernced any bad team work. the training is extensive. the only con is the hours while on christmas contract, they are not very flexible.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
long time on your feet
I was a Sales adviser, I was in charge of maintaining the shop floors standards, a cashier, and would also help customers to shop and to be of assistance if they need it. During the Christmas period I was often left in charge of the temporary staff members and make sure they were doing what was asked. The management was really good and firm, it made me really what to further my career in retail. I love working with people and enjoy helping others. My co-workers where always more than helpful and i really enjoy working as part of a team. The hardest part of my job was during the busy periods i.e Christmas, this was a challenging experience but i really enjoyed the work load. The best part of the job for me was meeting new people and working as part of a team.
Pros
Good managment, friendly staff, many hours, flexible
Cons
Climing the ladder of management wasnt really available.
Was very well structured and organised place to work.I worked here for the christmas period so i was extremely busy all the time work flew in, clientelle were also nice
Pros
Professional management
Cons
Monthly pay
Great atmosphere, I helped customers with there wants and needs, I learned a lot with cash transactions , my co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with. loved my time working in debenhams.
a typical day in debenhams was to go in and get briefed on what i had to do for the day, after i done my work i would have to keep on cleaning and tidying the place until the end of my shift
Pros
discount card
Cons
repetitive work, not enough hours
I was kept busy all day on floor,assisting staff,dressing room attending,seving people at at till,distributing stock onto floor,and tidying rails and sizing stock on rails.It was hard work but very rewarding as i learnt so much about the business.The staff were all very helpful and supportive.
Pros
staff discount card.
Cons
working till 10 sometimes
i like to work there by im only doing 12 i wish to have a job with more hours and its pay by the month witch i dont really prefer the managers and staff are lovely really nice place to work in
Pros
25% staff discount card
Cons
pay by the month