Debenhams

Debenhams Culture reviews

it’s a fun place to work but also always very hard working, staff are so lovely loved working here for a first proper job in sales and cashier got a great experience 💗
Great culture but overkill on procedures and making the company as lean as possible. Unfortunate victim to covid business closures and loss making business
The Staff and Management team were very focused and there was a can do culture in the store. However we were let down Badly when they closed the irish operation with no notice.
If you are well to work many doors will open for you, great company to work for , really focused on training so you can delivery results , would recommend debenham as employers
I worked here for a week for my lcvp work experience and it was a very fun week and I learned a lot from it for example how to specifically lay ou the shelves and how to deal with customers. The staff are very friendly. The only hard part in the job was the long hours but the friendly staff made it fly.
Pros
Lovely staff make it easier
Cons
Brilliant company to work for. I loved working there. Staff are lovely and everyone is friendly and work hard together as a team. Very close relationships built along the way.
Although I was only hired as temporary Christmas staff I really enjoyed working in Debenhams and found it to be a great work environment. They have some fantastic managers and a great training system.
a typical day was dealing with the public what I learned was people skills management weren't the nicest I was only in 4th year when I worked here and they weren't friendly
I loved my work with debenhams i learned so much and the staff are amazing i highly recommend debenhams as an amazing store and amazing staff and would work there again.
Excellent department store with lots of variety for employees and ample opportunities to work around Family and college. Great discounts and most importantly, a great atmosphere.
Pros
Discounts and subsidized lunches.
When I first started in Debenhams I had no experience of working in retail but after a few weeks it was second nature to me thanks to the great staff and fantastic management within Debenhams.
Pros
great location
Cons
Whilst working in Debenhams I learned a lot about the retail trade, assessing customer's budgets and encouraging their interest in the products I was selling. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was when I made a sale. The workplace culture was pleasant and I enjoyed the interaction with other staff members. A typical day @ work was from 9.00 to 5pm. What I learned from this experience is that I very much enjoy with people and also the challenge of retail sales. The management were very helpful.
Pros
working in a pleasant environment
Cons
Really enjoyed my time here the staff and management were friendly and helpful. Great experience and enjoyable work. would recommend working here highly..
Your on your feet all day I would recommend it for people that don't mind it the Money was alright the manger was lovely and very helpful great for experience if your looking for it
Pros
The staff
Cons
The hours
Started in Tralee Branch from the transfer of Roches Stores at the time. Amazing management and staff and great bunch to work with. Well organised. I was always very busy so days went very fast. Always upbeat and positive. Good training and proceedures. A fair system for all everyone got the same treatment.
Pros
Overall very good
Cons
Debenhams was a very enjoyable place to work with friendly staff and management. I learned a lot about how how large stores engage with customers which will be very helpful moving forward.
I enjoyed working in Debenhams. All fellow staff members were very helpful and nice. I loved the environment on the shop floor and generally enjoyed a busy day of work. The training was very good enabling me to perform well. I learned how to manage time efficiently, give the customers first preference and to obey instructions and hit objectives. The hardest part of the job was working the till on a very busy day.
Pros
extra pay on sundays
Cons
sore on feet all day
Very good work environment great place to work friendly staff. Loved working there would recommend to anyone applying to
busy and productive but fun typical day, learned good teamwork,Management were good,co workers great, hardest part of job was the monotany of daily tasks, best part was helping customers and staff.
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
hours went up and down
A typical day at work in Debenhams was always productive there was always something to do. I learnt about how the world of retail works and also the. My co workers were very friendly and embracing they made it easy for my to fit in. The hardest part of the job was making sure that various clothes where put in their correct places due to size and type of cloth. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their various difficulty.
Pros
In town
Cons
the
management are understanding, workplace is productive, learned cooperative skills and time management skills. Co-workers are all nice people, no real difficulties personally with the job.