Debenhams
Debenhams Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace

2 December 2018
A typical day would include taking new orders onto the shelves and organising them in order of size. I would also have to supervise the changing rooms.
Nice and helpful staff, work is relatively straight forward yet keeps you on your feet.

Overall an enjoyable job as I get to see the new fashions and styles and also channel my creativity when making new clothes displays.
Pros
Discounts on lunches
Cons
Sometimes boring
25 June 2020
Same role
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
I really enjoyed work at Debenhams
Brilliant company to work for. I loved working there. Staff are lovely and everyone is very friendly

I was on a 12 hour contract but I done a lot of overtime

It was the best job I’ve ever had and I got great Customer Service & Retail experience from DEBENHAMS
18 June 2020
Same role
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Tallaght, County Dublin
It was a fun and entertaining experience, the people are great to work with and I felt very comfortable working with them. The supervisors and managers were great and great help.
Pros
long lunch breaks
27 June 2020
Same location
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Tralee, County Kerry
Learned a lot about customer service, merchandising and presentation standards. Made a lot of good friends and colleagues over the time i spent there. Management were fair enough but the hours were not great. Christmas was obviously the busiest time to work there and there would be no work life balance and crazy hours. Holidays and entitlements were fair enough and the discount was very handy at times. Overall i enjoyed the time i spent there.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
work life balance not great
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.