Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Review

A very professional work environment
I had many responsibilities as a retail assistant tills, dressing rooms, departments, helping customers, and much more.
I have 31 years experience in retail so I learned many skills,
Customer Services, Stock- taking, Cash handling, Credit Cards, Management of staff and different type of departments from fashion to accessories, Ticketing, and many other retail skills. During my time with Roche's Stores before Debenhams took over the store myself and two other staff members managed a department for Punt Roma a Spanish company.
Debenhams work in a professional manner. The management I worked with where very approachable.
I worked with a lovely set of co-workers, they went the extra mile for the customer and for their fellow worker.
The work could get hard sometimes because there was a changeover from Roche's store so it took a long adjustment period.
The customer's where the most enjoyable part of the job. I loved helping them and mostly the elderly they would come in just to have a chat or where lonely. I loved helping people choose their clothes because some people are quite shy when they go shopping.
Pros
Free lunches only when you worked overtime on Sunday
Cons
Not enough overtime

Other Debenhams Employee Reviews

productive and good
full time staff (Former Employee) –  Cork18 February 2020
i really enjoyed wokring in debhamhens it was good workplace and the great employers were great i would recomend to a freind to work here unfortunitly my contract was only christmas
Pros
breaks
Cons
breaks
Ótimo local de trabalho
Food Services Adviser (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 February 2020
Restaurante descontraido e staff amigavel. Para intercambistas, ótimo local para se treinar ingles com os nativos. O único problema é que dão poucas horas por semana.