Debenhams
Debenhams Employee Review

Irina Egan

4 May 2017
Whilst working in Debenhams I learned a lot about the retail trade, assessing customer's budgets and encouraging their interest in the products I was selling. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was when I made a sale. The workplace culture was pleasant and I enjoyed the interaction with other staff members. A typical day @ work was from 9.00 to 5pm.

What I learned from this experience is that I very much enjoy with people and also the challenge of retail sales. The management were very helpful.
Pros
working in a pleasant environment
Cons
30 July 2013
Same role
Sales, Offloading (Former Employee) - Co. Limerick
I always started at 9:00am in the morning and finished at 3:30pm in the afternoon. I helped clean the ground floor and tidy the sign room. I restocked the shelves and cleaned the shelves. I have learned to always concentrate in what you are doing. The staff are very nice and help you with everything you need. I think the hardest part of the job was the first day because I was nervous and I did not know any of the people working there. When I got to meet new people I started to love the job and I was really calm before the week was out.
Pros
you got a break for your lunch each day
Cons
After the days work you would be tired
25 June 2020
Same location
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
I really enjoyed work at Debenhams
Brilliant company to work for. I loved working there. Staff are lovely and everyone is very friendly

I was on a 12 hour contract but I done a lot of overtime

It was the best job I’ve ever had and I got great Customer Service & Retail experience from DEBENHAMS
2 March 2020
Same location
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
My time at this work place was very good the staff were very friendly and welcoming me into there team. My big tip is when working in any job when it is quite and you find that you have less things to do is to keep urself looking busy and not to stand around doing nothing. If you see anyone ask do they want help with anything.