Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews

Found 87 reviews matching the search See all 2,253 reviews
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin16 February 2017
I have learned from being a sales assistant you need to be confident ,you also learn new things and get to share your ideas with customers.
Lovely environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork11 February 2017
Friendly staff,Long hours,great lunch break,learned till management,dealing with customers and general stock recovery
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
difficult customers
Working Environment
My role was a sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry23 January 2017
I enjoyed working in Debenhams. All fellow staff members were very helpful and nice. I loved the environment on the shop floor and generally enjoyed a busy day of work. The training was very good enabling me to perform well. I learned how to manage time efficiently, give the customers first preference and to obey instructions and hit objectives. The hardest part of the job was working the till on a very busy day.
Pros
extra pay on sundays
Cons
sore on feet all day
Busy and enjoyable
Retail sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2016
My day was always busy I would always find something to do. I learned how to deal with a lot of different situations that arose during my time in Debenhams. Learned new skills in stock management which I enjoyed, I grew in confidence when managing the floor especially when I was on my own. When working in a team I always got my staff to do their best to make the day go smoothly and get the jobs done to the best of their ability and to get the best out of each person. I never felt my job was hard as I prioritised work for each day and kept calm to get everything done. Working with my co-workers and managers was very enjoyable as I got on with everyone and I wanted to learn more to help improve my role as supervisor.
Pros
Discount and holidays
Cons
Late nights not good hours if you have a family
Good fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork6 October 2016
Very good work environment great place to work friendly staff. Loved working there would recommend to anyone applying to
Great Place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patrick Street, Cork24 August 2016
Learned a lot there in regards to dealing with general public. My sales techniques were refined and improved on. Was the highest seller of store cards in the country.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
No job satisfaction
very good place to work and staff nice people
Stockroom Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 August 2016
busy and productive but fun typical day, learned good teamwork,Management were good,co workers great, hardest part of job was the monotany of daily tasks, best part was helping customers and staff.
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
hours went up and down
Very productive workplace
Retail (Former Employee) –  Cork11 May 2016
A typical day at work in Debenhams was always productive there was always something to do. I learnt about how the world of retail works and also the. My co workers were very friendly and embracing they made it easy for my to fit in. The hardest part of the job was making sure that various clothes where put in their correct places due to size and type of cloth. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their various difficulty.
Pros
In town
Cons
the
Very repetitive and slow paced job
Christmas Staff (Former Employee) –  Waterford, UK6 April 2016
Although I was employed during the busy Christmas period, working here became very repetitive and the slow pace did not help. Although it had a positive environment, it is not one I would like to pursue a long term career in.
Well run workplace
Food Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cork22 March 2016
management are understanding, workplace is productive, learned cooperative skills and time management skills. Co-workers are all nice people, no real difficulties personally with the job.
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 March 2016
To work at Debenhams was really enjoyable place... I learned how to be kind on customer service. How to serve customers at the till
How to focus when customer aren't happy
Tidy up and keep the store clean and nice
Fast paced
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork City, County Cork15 March 2016
Taking turns with co-workers in the changing rooms. Organising the stock on the shop floor by sizes, brands and colours so they are eye catching. Co-workers were very kind. Meet loads of new people.
challenging and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork City, County Cork23 February 2016
Fast pacing work environment. Mangers communicated well with employees. Lots of client interaction on a daily basis, which I enjoyed.
really enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick City Centre, County Limerick9 February 2016
i loved working in Depenhams, i only did work experience but i really enjoyed working there, the staff are so nice and the customers are really nice too.
great exp.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick City, County Limerick7 January 2016
Brillent great experience of the working life . Really enjoyed my time there and meeting and greeting new people. I learnt a lot of new skills like my communation skills etc.
Pros
helped me inprove my communation skills.
Cons
9 hours a day.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland11 December 2015
In this company I have been treated amazingly. I have had fantastic training and have met some fantastic people from the beginninig of my employment.
A learning experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Town, County Dublin30 November 2015
I enjoyed the experience that I had at this store. I was blessed enough to work at a store that I was fond of. A normal day at work would be that I would arrive to work around 10 tidy up the place by pricing and tagging clothes I would also have to assist on customers that need help. Would have a one hour break in the Afternoon and would go on with my work. With this job I learned to be more open and talk to people because that what has to be done must of the time. Also how to manage and organize things. The hardest part of the job was the fact that doing the same thing everyday and the load of work. I didnt like the working hours as I felt that it was too much.
Pros
One hour break
Cons
Long Hours
busy but enjoyable workplace
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterford4 November 2015
it was enjoyable and the staff discount is very good. the co workers are great and very helpfull. the managment are also nice and i have never expeiernced any bad team work. the training is extensive. the only con is the hours while on christmas contract, they are not very flexible.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
long time on your feet
Productive workplace
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D20 October 2015
it was a great retail experience. i learned about the order staff must under take. my typical day at work was very busy especially because ive worked around christmas time. my co-workers were very nice and helpful.
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Dublin city20 October 2015
Was great place to work. Friendly staff that were always willing to help and develop new staff. I learnt a lot during my placement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.