Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews

Ireland100 reviews
Still haven’t got paid for my last month of work as they used COVID 19 as an excuse to pull out of Ireland and leave us all jobless with all our stuff still in there
A typical day at work in Debenhams was always productive there was always something to do. I learnt about how the world of retail works and also the. My co workers were very friendly and embracing they made it easy for my to fit in. The hardest part of the job was making sure that various clothes where put in their correct places due to size and type of cloth. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their various difficulty.
Pros
In town
Cons
the
Although I was employed during the busy Christmas period, working here became very repetitive and the slow pace did not help. Although it had a positive environment, it is not one I would like to pursue a long term career in.
management are understanding, workplace is productive, learned cooperative skills and time management skills. Co-workers are all nice people, no real difficulties personally with the job.
To work at Debenhams was really enjoyable place... I learned how to be kind on customer service. How to serve customers at the till
How to focus when customer aren't happy

Tidy up and keep the store clean and nice
Taking turns with co-workers in the changing rooms. Organising the stock on the shop floor by sizes, brands and colours so they are eye catching. Co-workers were very kind. Meet loads of new people.
Fast pacing work environment. Mangers communicated well with employees. Lots of client interaction on a daily basis, which I enjoyed.
i loved working in Depenhams, i only did work experience but i really enjoyed working there, the staff are so nice and the customers are really nice too.
Brillent great experience of the working life . Really enjoyed my time there and meeting and greeting new people. I learnt a lot of new skills like my communation skills etc.
Pros
helped me inprove my communation skills.
Cons
9 hours a day.
In this company I have been treated amazingly. I have had fantastic training and have met some fantastic people from the beginninig of my employment.
I enjoyed the experience that I had at this store. I was blessed enough to work at a store that I was fond of. A normal day at work would be that I would arrive to work around 10 tidy up the place by pricing and tagging clothes I would also have to assist on customers that need help. Would have a one hour break in the Afternoon and would go on with my work. With this job I learned to be more open and talk to people because that what has to be done must of the time. Also how to manage and organize things. The hardest part of the job was the fact that doing the same thing everyday and the load of work. I didnt like the working hours as I felt that it was too much.
Pros
One hour break
Cons
Long Hours
it was enjoyable and the staff discount is very good. the co workers are great and very helpfull. the managment are also nice and i have never expeiernced any bad team work. the training is extensive. the only con is the hours while on christmas contract, they are not very flexible.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
long time on your feet
it was a great retail experience. i learned about the order staff must under take. my typical day at work was very busy especially because ive worked around christmas time. my co-workers were very nice and helpful.
Was great place to work. Friendly staff that were always willing to help and develop new staff. I learnt a lot during my placement
Working in Debenhams is great. The environment is absolutely fascinating. All managers are nice and the colleagues are polite and very kind.
Pros
25% discount in the store
I was on work experience and when the work experience the stores were not busy and there was no position for me, i was working in the stores and displaying items for sale in the window taking stock on the floors and checking stock in for the store manager
Pros
nice people
Cons
finishing up
working at debenhams was an experience but unfortunately the hours weren't enough but meeting new customers was interesting i gained retail experience and cosmetic work.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours
I was there for work experience and I loved it. everyone was friendly and welcoming. I would go back there in a heartbeat.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
I had a great time in debenhams as a sales assistant. my fellow staff members were always so friendly and helpful. my supervisor darragh was one of the best supervisors i have ever worked for. I would return to debenhams again if a job opportunity came up
I enjoyed working at Debenhams, I was treated well by all staff they were friendly and welcoming. I learned a lot from working here, I learned communication skills and team work. I enjoyed the retail position, the co-workers where very friendly.
I worked part time in Debenhams while studying. My work was at weekends on the Customer Service desk. My duties included sales, refunds, processing Debenhams store card applications and payments
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.