Debenhams Employee Reviews
Found 100 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,529 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
A typical day at work in Debenhams was always productive there was always something to do. I learnt about how the world of retail works and also the. My co workers were very friendly and embracing they made it easy for my to fit in. The hardest part of the job was making sure that various clothes where put in their correct places due to size and type of cloth. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their various difficulty.
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
I enjoyed the experience that I had at this store. I was blessed enough to work at a store that I was fond of. A normal day at work would be that I would arrive to work around 10 tidy up the place by pricing and tagging clothes I would also have to assist on customers that need help. Would have a one hour break in the Afternoon and would go on with my work. With this job I learned to be more open and talk to people because that what has to be done must of the time. Also how to manage and organize things. The hardest part of the job was the fact that doing the same thing everyday and the load of work. I didnt like the working hours as I felt that it was too much.
One hour break
it was enjoyable and the staff discount is very good. the co workers are great and very helpfull. the managment are also nice and i have never expeiernced any bad team work. the training is extensive. the only con is the hours while on christmas contract, they are not very flexible.
great staff discount
long time on your feet
I was on work experience and when the work experience the stores were not busy and there was no position for me, i was working in the stores and displaying items for sale in the window taking stock on the floors and checking stock in for the store manager
I enjoyed working at Debenhams, I was treated well by all staff they were friendly and welcoming. I learned a lot from working here, I learned communication skills and team work. I enjoyed the retail position, the co-workers where very friendly.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 2,529 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Debenhams
- What would you suggest Debenhams management do to prevent others from leaving?4 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Debenhams?3 people answered
- Why did you leave your job at Debenhams?3 people answered
- What is the dress code at Debenhams?2 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Debenhams?2 people answered
- I just want to know if you accept work experience for lcvp (around 5 days at least)2 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Debenhams? What are the steps along the w…2 people answered
- How does someone get hired at Debenhams? What are the steps along the way?One person answered
- What is Debenhams sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?One person answered
- How is feedback from management delivered at Debenhams?One person answered
See all questions and answers
Debenhams Reviews by Job Title
Debenhams Reviews by Location