Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews

Found 87 reviews matching the search See all 2,260 reviews
nice workplace
Food Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin 86 October 2015
Working in Debenhams is great. The environment is absolutely fascinating. All managers are nice and the colleagues are polite and very kind.
Pros
25% discount in the store
Nice and friendly staff, very helpful
work experience in the stores (Former Employee) –  limerick8 September 2015
I was on work experience and when the work experience the stores were not busy and there was no position for me, i was working in the stores and displaying items for sale in the window taking stock on the floors and checking stock in for the store manager
Pros
nice people
Cons
finishing up
not enough hours
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D10 July 2015
working at debenhams was an experience but unfortunately the hours weren't enough but meeting new customers was interesting i gained retail experience and cosmetic work.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  newbridge1 July 2015
I was there for work experience and I loved it. everyone was friendly and welcoming. I would go back there in a heartbeat.
Pros
friendly staff
Work
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway31 May 2015
I had a great time in debenhams as a sales assistant. my fellow staff members were always so friendly and helpful. my supervisor darragh was one of the best supervisors i have ever worked for. I would return to debenhams again if a job opportunity came up
fun workplace and nice people to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D1 May 2015
I enjoyed working at Debenhams, I was treated well by all staff they were friendly and welcoming. I learned a lot from working here, I learned communication skills and team work. I enjoyed the retail position, the co-workers where very friendly.
Part time only
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 April 2015
I worked part time in Debenhams while studying. My work was at weekends on the Customer Service desk. My duties included sales, refunds, processing Debenhams store card applications and payments
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours
Productive, face paced environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, City Center23 March 2015
I was a Sales adviser, I was in charge of maintaining the shop floors standards, a cashier, and would also help customers to shop and to be of assistance if they need it. During the Christmas period I was often left in charge of the temporary staff members and make sure they were doing what was asked.
The management was really good and firm, it made me really what to further my career in retail. I love working with people and enjoy helping others.
My co-workers where always more than helpful and i really enjoy working as part of a team.
The hardest part of my job was during the busy periods i.e Christmas, this was a challenging experience but i really enjoyed the work load.
The best part of the job for me was meeting new people and working as part of a team.
Pros
Good managment, friendly staff, many hours, flexible
Cons
Climing the ladder of management wasnt really available.
My first foreign internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK3 February 2015
I worked on the man's department as seller. This work placement gave me more the luck to improve my English. I really enjoy it.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, KE21 November 2014
Was very well structured and organised place to work.I worked here for the christmas period so i was extremely busy all the time work flew in, clientelle were also nice
Pros
Professional management
Cons
Monthly pay
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  limerick8 September 2014
Great atmosphere, I helped customers with there wants and needs, I learned a lot with cash transactions , my co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with. loved my time working in debenhams.
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blackrock, WLS8 September 2014
a typical day in debenhams was to go in and get briefed on what i had to do for the day,

after i done my work i would have to keep on cleaning and tidying the place until the end of my shift
Pros
discount card
Cons
repetitive work, not enough hours
Variable, fun work
Promotional Work (Former Employee) –  Cork28 May 2014
Greeted quests and dance entertainment at a company function
Bookmaker at a company function
Selling cosmetics
Entertainment at Miss Personality Cork
Was fun and good way to learn about the work place
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C28 May 2014
Gave great insight into the way things work in a big company like debenhams
Productive and busy environment.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK26 May 2014
Learnt about customer service, shop layout and design.
Staff are helpful.
debenhams
Senior Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  limerick26 March 2014
fantastic place to work
a typical day includes serving customers
managing the floor
stock arranging
delivery's to be processed
counting the cash in the till at end of day
Management were great at first then started to go downhill very fast as the good ones left only to be replaced by unqualified people
the hardest part was working under bad management as it had a knock on effect in all areas of the company
the most enjoyable was the thrill of helping customers make important decisions on purchases and being able to beat my daily target
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours bad pay
Strict
Food services (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland4 December 2013
I did not really enjoy my time here as i was in my junior certificate exam year, i family member had recently died and things were not being made easy as they were very strict with rules and guidelines
Pros
breaks
Cons
beginning work here
Really enjoyed working there kept busy and friendly staff
floor worker in the mens department (Former Employee) –  limerick10 September 2013
A typical day for me in the mens department was to go in serve customers and answer any questions the customer may have also packing stock and tidying clothes, management were very motavating and nice to work for and the co workers were really nice, there wasnt any hard parts to the job and the most enjoyable part was i liked going to work.
Pros
good company to work for, friendly staff and easy work
Cons
late finishes
Its a fun workplace
Sales, Offloading (Former Employee) –  Co. Limerick30 July 2013
I always started at 9:00am in the morning and finished at 3:30pm in the afternoon. I helped clean the ground floor and tidy the sign room. I restocked the shelves and cleaned the shelves. I have learned to always concentrate in what you are doing. The staff are very nice and help you with everything you need. I think the hardest part of the job was the first day because I was nervous and I did not know any of the people working there. When I got to meet new people I started to love the job and I was really calm before the week was out.
Pros
you got a break for your lunch each day
Cons
After the days work you would be tired
A very professional work environment
I had many responsibilities as a retail assistant tills, dressing rooms, departments, helping customers, and much more.
I have 31 years experience in retail so I learned many skills,
Customer Services, Stock- taking, Cash handling, Credit Cards, Management of staff and different type of departments from fashion to accessories, Ticketing, and many other retail skills. During my time with Roche's Stores before Debenhams took over the store myself and two other staff members managed a department for Punt Roma a Spanish company.
Debenhams work in a professional manner. The management I worked with where very approachable.
I worked with a lovely set of co-workers, they went the extra mile for the customer and for their fellow worker.
The work could get hard sometimes because there was a changeover from Roche's store so it took a long adjustment period.
The customer's where the most enjoyable part of the job. I loved helping them and mostly the elderly they would come in just to have a chat or where lonely. I loved helping people choose their clothes because some people are quite shy when they go shopping.
Pros
Free lunches only when you worked overtime on Sunday
Cons
Not enough overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.