Debenhams

Debenhams Employee Reviews

Slow progression
The progression inside the company is very slow, but offers a fair stability. Depending on the time of the year the demand of work varies a lot and can be quite hard to learn what you need
debenhams
fantastic place to work
a typical day includes serving customers

managing the floor

stock arranging

delivery's to be processed

counting the cash in the till at end of day

Management were great at first then started to go downhill very fast as the good ones left only to be replaced by unqualified people

the hardest part was working under bad management as it had a knock on effect in all areas of the company

the most enjoyable was the thrill of helping customers make important decisions on purchases and being able to beat my daily target
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours bad pay
Strict
I did not really enjoy my time here as i was in my junior certificate exam year, i family member had recently died and things were not being made easy as they were very strict with rules and guidelines
Pros
breaks
Cons
beginning work here
Really enjoyed working there kept busy and friendly staff
A typical day for me in the mens department was to go in serve customers and answer any questions the customer may have also packing stock and tidying clothes, management were very motavating and nice to work for and the co workers were really nice, there wasnt any hard parts to the job and the most enjoyable part was i liked going to work.
Pros
good company to work for, friendly staff and easy work
Cons
late finishes
Its a fun workplace
I always started at 9:00am in the morning and finished at 3:30pm in the afternoon. I helped clean the ground floor and tidy the sign room. I restocked the shelves and cleaned the shelves. I have learned to always concentrate in what you are doing. The staff are very nice and help you with everything you need. I think the hardest part of the job was the first day because I was nervous and I did not know any of the people working there. When I got to meet new people I started to love the job and I was really calm before the week was out.
Pros
you got a break for your lunch each day
Cons
After the days work you would be tired
A very professional work environment
I had many responsibilities as a retail assistant tills, dressing rooms, departments, helping customers, and much more.
I have 31 years experience in retail so I learned many skills,

Customer Services, Stock- taking, Cash handling, Credit Cards, Management of staff and different type of departments from fashion to accessories, Ticketing, and many other retail skills. During my time with Roche's Stores before Debenhams took over the store myself and two other staff members managed a department for Punt Roma a Spanish company.

Debenhams work in a professional manner. The management I worked with where very approachable.

I worked with a lovely set of co-workers, they went the extra mile for the customer and for their fellow worker.

The work could get hard sometimes because there was a changeover from Roche's store so it took a long adjustment period.

The customer's where the most enjoyable part of the job. I loved helping them and mostly the elderly they would come in just to have a chat or where lonely. I loved helping people choose their clothes because some people are quite shy when they go shopping.
Pros
Free lunches only when you worked overtime on Sunday
Cons
Not enough overtime
Fun and enjoyable job
I was employed as a stock management assistant in Debenhams for seasonal work. My duties included unloading stock from the delivery truck, replacing Stock to the floor, serving customers and general cleaning duties. My co-workers were very helpful when i began the job and they were a pleasure to work with . my only complaint with this company was that i only worked 16 hours a week but other than that i quite enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Very friendly co-workers and enviroment
Cons
not enough available hours to work
like long tennis and playing football
on friday seems to be the busiest day in the week for me,were you have so many customers patronizing,at this time so it is adversible to be smart and careful in arranging or washing dishes. the the hardest part of it to me is the aspect of standing all through the day when is so busy while the most enjoyable part of it is the free lunch we usually have
Pros
free lunch
Cons
24hrs
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Debenhams?
Fun Workplace
Debenhams was a productive place to work with adequate breaks and a great hourly rotation system. The managers were extremely fair and co workers were helpful and friendly.
Pros
Great Benefits long term
Cons
Long standing hours
Freindly and enjoyable place to work
My co workers were very helpfull and friendly amongst my arrival. My manager and supervisor were very fair in the work place also.
Productive and busy floor
I was kept busy all day on floor,assisting staff,dressing room attending,seving people at at till,distributing stock onto floor,and tidying rails and sizing stock on rails.It was hard work but very rewarding as i learnt so much about the business.The staff were all very helpful and supportive.
Pros
staff discount card.
Cons
working till 10 sometimes
good place to work
i like to work there by im only doing 12 i wish to have a job with more hours and its pay by the month witch i dont really prefer the managers and staff are lovely really nice place to work in
Pros
25% staff discount card
Cons
pay by the month