Deliveroo Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Rider (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 March 2019
As the same time it is fun to work on the streets is dangerous too. Bus drivers don't respect you as well as taxi drivers doesn't and when you are injuried because of working to hard deliveroo don't help with anything.
consantly working
Courier (Former Employee) –  15 Flemmings Pl, Dublin 4, D04 P6W317 October 2018
When I was working for Deliveroo my job would consist of being able to pick up and drop off food deliveries between the restaurant, cafes or shops in the city of Dublin. It was an experience to deliver food around Dublin and to respond to the different routes all over the city also to know your back yard. Over-all, I would recommend this job to anyone how has an in cycling.
Pros
get payed to exercise
Keeps you Fit Perfect for Active People
Rider (Current Employee) –  Galway11 October 2018
Perfect job for students and Part-time workers really increases your stamina and overall health keeps you sharp mentally and physically.
Very easy way to make a nice bonus bit of money to help your pocket.

The job Allows you to Pick your own hours and is totally flexible, you will Receive durable practical and light gear. Management is very helpful and it is a well thought out business model.

Thinking off signing up in Ireland? Weather can be an issue during the winter months but is very tranquil cycling around in the good weather and can really be relaxing and give you time to reflect and think while cycling around.

Use my referral code to earn an extra 30 euro after your first 30 deliveries. https://roo.it/DA241187
Pros
Fitness
Cons
Can be tiring
Deliveroo experience
Bicycle Rider (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 July 2018
I had a good experience working with deliveroo, is a flexible job, riders/drivers can work whatever time they want giving a freedom to manage their own time
Pros
freedom and time management
Cons
A bit dangerous
self employment
Courier (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 June 2018
own hours set your own schedukle. good to work for. pay isnt great. takes time to start earning a standard wage. not much contact with management apart from emails
Enjoyable
Food Courier (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 May 2018
loved the mantra of choose your own work hours, could hop on my bike whenever i wanted to earn some money, company was very good at notifying you when there was a busy evening and afternoon. software worked very well and was efficient at directing employees where to go and made our work much easier
Pros
discounts for restaurants
Cons
low pay
a lot of fun
Dublin City- (Rider)- Part time (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2018
A lot of fun during work, you got to meet a lot of people and cycle everywhere within the city which gives you knowledge on how to move around without get lost.
Pros
You come across loads of nice people
Cons
You come across loads of bad people
A Great & Bad Job at the Same Time
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 February 2018
+Great flexible work.
+Minimum interaction with customers.
-Low pay.
-Competition from other Deliveroos.
-Rain and wind if cycling.
-Waiting times between deliveries.
-People who live extremely far away.

In the end, you'll love it and hate it at the same time but at least you'll be fit at the end of the day if you do the job on a bike.
Use my referral code to get extra pay after a number of deliveries:

Code = CH162344
management and job security
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2017
its a worst company to work for they just use the people in the busy time they recruit more and more and in a quite time they dont care about the employees and you cant get anything from the management,system is very poor you cant explain your problems to them and there is not respect at all for the employees they only give you work when they are busy as soon as they starting get quite the will cutt your hours badly
Inconsistent
Cycle Deliverer (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 June 2017
The work is hard-going and enjoyable, but the time spent sitting around waiting for a delivery to pop up is painful. There's nothing I hate worse than to get a job where I spend most of my time doing nothing, especially in a job based on commission.
Pros
work for yourself
Cons
inconsistent work patterns
Helpful and rewarding
Deliveroo Driver (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 April 2017
Typical day at work

I would get dressed in my Deliveroo gear.
Hop on my bike and head to town.
I would turn on my gps on my phone, and wait for upcoming deliveries.
I would then accept the delivery, and head to the restaurant, following the mdirections on the map.
I would pick up the food, and head to the customer's address, which would show on the app itself.
Once I arrived at the house, I would ring the bell, hand the food to the customer, hop back on my bike, and head back to the town direction.
I would wait until another delivery would become available.
After a few hours, when I thought I did enough cycling and deliveries, I would normally head back home.

I worked for Deliveroo as a driver.

I was in charge of delivering the food from the restaurant to the customer's house.

Throughout my experience there, I learned many skills, such as:

Customer service skills.

Comnmunication skills.

Problem solving skills.

Technical skills.

Puncutality skills.

I was not strictly supervised by my manager. My work was followed by the deliveroo office from my phone. therefore I had the gps on all the time. If I had any problems or complications during the shift, I would ring the customer service which would resolve the issue immediately.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job is the fact that I was quite far from the workplace itself, therefore my shifts were limited to 3 hours per session.

Another hard aspect of the job would be that you are limited by elements aspects. If it rained, I was not fully able to work, as the rain made it too Dangerous.
  more... But, if it rained while I was working, I would normally finish my delivery and head home.

I figured that I needed something closer to me and something more approachable. Hence I am trying to find a part- time job, on this site.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can decide your work shifts and the hours you want to work. During my study periods, whenever I had some free time, I would hop on my bike, head to town and start working.
Pros
Tiring and Far
Cons
Flexible
deliveroo
driver (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 March 2017
is a good company to work with because you can choose when to work how to manage your schedule.
is a fun place to work
half of drivers in the area sign up, Deliveroo will be forced to recognise the union. It will be the first collective bargaining agreement in the “gig economy”, setting a precedent for others to demand further rights.
nice enviroment
Food and goods Courier (Current Employee) –  dublin8 March 2017
It is nice to work in the outdoors on my bike cycling around dublin city centre meeting new people. Really friendly co-workers with a sense of community between staff.
badly structured but independant
Bicycle Courier (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 January 2017
-very independant work environment, flexible hours, suits students very well

-communications with head office and regional offices was rather poor as it is an English based company
Flexible, fun and interesting.
Food Courier (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 January 2017
I chose deliveroo as it provided me with the ability to work when I wanted to. This gave me the opportunity to work as much as possible. The job allowed me to explore Dublin and earn money while getting fit. I met some very helpful friendly and interesting people through deliveroo which was an added bonus.
Pros
I got to experience Dublin in summer while cycling and I got fit
Cons
I found there to be very little cons to working with deliveroo
Risky and stressful.
Courier (Former Employee) –  all over Dublin City.2 January 2017
At first, working on a bicycle might seem attracting especially if you are into life outdoors and cycling. But you only realize the danger you are in after a few weeks, I have cycled in the rain and snow and even with all the equipment provided you are under a big risk in the night time. Management is great and your colleagues are always nice but after six months it was time for me to move on.
Pros
you can choose when you want to work.
Cons
the risk to be on the road.