Deliveroo

Deliveroo Employee Reviews

Ireland24 reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,046 reviews

Call center like remote position

Eventhough that was an all remote position, I felt like working in a callcenter at times as managers are tracking our activity and always monitoring our attendance and schedule adherance. My daily targets were not easy to achieve and were considered as a pressure on us. Besides that, there were so few benefits for Deliveroo employees. Salary on it own does not make a good job.

flexible hours

flexible hours, but working in also bad weather, support is unhelpful sometimes, you work on your own vehicle, more suitable as part time, have a nic colleague riders

Like cycling through city but...

I like working for Deliveroo, you can choose your working hours, go for holidays whenever you want but earnings are low (year 2021 was great for earning) especially during warm months, its hard to make decent money even by working 7 days a week so you don't make enough to take days off if you need to coz you don't get pay for sick leave or holidays. One of the reasons for low income is that you have lot of people driving for Deliveroo and many people rent accounts to people who can't work full time and nothing is done about it :/.

Pros

Working your own hours

Cons

Low income

Slavery at its best.

Used to be great to work here as a driver/rider. But now it's just slavery. Seems they have lost interest in welfare of driver/riders. 6-8e per hour in Cork Except at the weekend when u can make a wage. Too many riders.

Zero job security.

After having worked with deliveroo for almost 3 years, they closed my account. Trying to talk to rider support about it, I went round in circles going nowhere. Seriously unfair. I did nothing wrong. Then all of a sudden I had no job and no reference. P***Poor show.

Empresa de fácil acesso mas difícil de trabalhar

É uma experiência agradável trabalhar nesta empresa, o problema são as demandas que não necessariamente são ligadas a empresa e sim aos restaurantes, você é sempre dependente destas "chamadas".

Nice student job, not good otherwise imo

good student job, works well at peak time - bad pay otherwise, no job security, flexible hours working conditions may change at any time without prior notice.

Productive and fun place

It's a fast paced environment to work in, where you will have high responsibilities and deliverables. You would be able to impact the company's growth on a daily basis.

Pros

High responsibility

Cons

No visa sponsorship

fun workplace

As the same time it is fun to work on the streets is dangerous too. Bus drivers don't respect you as well as taxi drivers doesn't and when you are injuried because of working to hard deliveroo don't help with anything.

consantly working

When I was working for Deliveroo my job would consist of being able to pick up and drop off food deliveries between the restaurant, cafes or shops in the city of Dublin. It was an experience to deliver food around Dublin and to respond to the different routes all over the city also to know your back yard. Over-all, I would recommend this job to anyone how has an in cycling.

Pros

get payed to exercise

Keeps you Fit Perfect for Active People

Perfect job for students and Part-time workers really increases your stamina and overall health keeps you sharp mentally and physically. Very easy way to make a nice bonus bit of money to help your pocket. The job Allows you to Pick your own hours and is totally flexible, you will Receive durable practical and light gear. Management is very helpful and it is a well thought out business model. Thinking off signing up in Ireland? Weather can be an issue during the winter months but is very tranquil cycling around in the good weather and can really be relaxing and give you time to reflect and think while cycling around. Use my referral code to earn an extra 30 euro after your first 30 deliveries. https://roo.it/DA241187

Pros

Fitness

Cons

Can be tiring

Deliveroo experience

I had a good experience working with deliveroo, is a flexible job, riders/drivers can work whatever time they want giving a freedom to manage their own time

Pros

freedom and time management

Cons

A bit dangerous

self employment

own hours set your own schedukle. good to work for. pay isnt great. takes time to start earning a standard wage. not much contact with management apart from emails

Enjoyable

loved the mantra of choose your own work hours, could hop on my bike whenever i wanted to earn some money, company was very good at notifying you when there was a busy evening and afternoon. software worked very well and was efficient at directing employees where to go and made our work much easier

Pros

discounts for restaurants

Cons

low pay

a lot of fun

A lot of fun during work, you got to meet a lot of people and cycle everywhere within the city which gives you knowledge on how to move around without get lost.

Pros

You come across loads of nice people

Cons

You come across loads of bad people

A Great & Bad Job at the Same Time

+Great flexible work. +Minimum interaction with customers. -Low pay. -Competition from other Deliveroos. -Rain and wind if cycling. -Waiting times between deliveries. -People who live extremely far away. In the end, you'll love it and hate it at the same time but at least you'll be fit at the end of the day if you do the job on a bike. Use my referral code to get extra pay after a number of deliveries: https://roo.it/CH162344 Code = CH162344

management and job security

its a worst company to work for they just use the people in the busy time they recruit more and more and in a quite time they dont care about the employees and you cant get anything from the management,system is very poor you cant explain your problems to them and there is not respect at all for the employees they only give you work when they are busy as soon as they starting get quite the will cutt your hours badly

Inconsistent

The work is hard-going and enjoyable, but the time spent sitting around waiting for a delivery to pop up is painful. There's nothing I hate worse than to get a job where I spend most of my time doing nothing, especially in a job based on commission.

Pros

work for yourself

Cons

inconsistent work patterns

Helpful and rewarding

Typical day at work I would get dressed in my Deliveroo gear. Hop on my bike and head to town. I would turn on my gps on my phone, and wait for upcoming deliveries. I would then accept the delivery, and head to the restaurant, following the mdirections on the map. I would pick up the food, and head to the customer's address, which would show on the app itself. Once I arrived at the house, I would ring the bell, hand the food to the customer, hop back on my bike, and head back to the town direction. I would wait until another delivery would become available. After a few hours, when I thought I did enough cycling and deliveries, I would normally head back home. I worked for Deliveroo as a driver. I was in charge of delivering the food from the restaurant to the customer's house. Throughout my experience there, I learned many skills, such as: Customer service skills. Comnmunication skills. Problem solving skills. Technical skills. Puncutality skills. I was not strictly supervised by my manager. My work was followed by the deliveroo office from my phone. therefore I had the gps on all the time. If I had any problems or complications during the shift, I would ring the customer service which would resolve the issue immediately. In my opinion the hardest part of the job is the fact that I was quite far from the workplace itself, therefore my shifts were limited to 3 hours per session. Another hard aspect of the job would be that you are limited by elements aspects. If it rained, I was not fully able to work, as the rain made it too Dangerous. -

Pros

Tiring and Far

Cons

Flexible

deliveroo

is a good company to work with because you can choose when to work how to manage your schedule. is a fun place to work half of drivers in the area sign up, Deliveroo will be forced to recognise the union. It will be the first collective bargaining agreement in the “gig economy”, setting a precedent for others to demand further rights.

nice enviroment

It is nice to work in the outdoors on my bike cycling around dublin city centre meeting new people. Really friendly co-workers with a sense of community between staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Deliveroo with

• Deliveroo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?