Dell Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 177 reviews matching the search See all 9,470 reviews
Senior Debug Technician (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork13 June 2019
Many great people work for Dell and as a company it generally tries to do thinks in the right way. Enjoyed my time there as well as the culture and the people.
Pros
Worked Shift, so loads of time off
Cons
probably don't give the best financial rewards
Productive enviroment with a great work force
PRODUCT BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Cork11 June 2019
Work for me here was right up my alley as I enjoy a working on components and using software. Staff were nice and helpful. Management were easy to chat with and always willing to help you. I was able to receive employment very soon after my contract ended with the company as I learned allot there.
Pros
Great dinner menu and clean work enviroment
Cons
short term contracts
A fantastic place to intern
Program Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork1 June 2019
An internship as part of a third year work placement program in college. Learned a great deal about the work environment. Dell is a great place to work.
Excellent place to work
Associate Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cork1 June 2019
EMC was one of the best places you could work in Cork. They had a fantastic work culture. Despite the size of the business there was a real family feeling there. Great opportunities to learn new skills, network and make new friends.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Good working environment
Commissions Advisor, EMEA Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Cork9 May 2019
Typical day was reporting, answering queries within SLA, generating sales reports, providing analysis for the business, reviewing & approving commission payments
Great opportunity to work outside the scope of your role
Flexible work environment- ability to work from home
Long hours at quarter end
Great team work
Pros
flexible
Cons
little progression
Harsh Culture in a Merger environment
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork23 April 2019
I was an EMC'er, I was let go about a year after the merger being made redundant. It was a takeover and in the new business paradigm regardless of what I was doing for the company it cam e down to what I was costing the company. This is part and parcel of large Mergers. Dell's culture is rather cut throat, but to be fair they are good at what they do.
Pros
Well known name
Cons
You're a number not a human in the organization
Good Health Care and Bonus are good
Senior Business Analyst and Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Cork15 April 2019
Atmosphere differs on department. Remote managers not ideal, if manager is remote, less likely to be promoted.
a lot of silos within the company. Good to get job done when pressure is on.
Very good
production Assistant ESS (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork13 March 2019
Contract worker only. Was never a Dell employee. Not in a position to review how Dell employees felt about their roles as a contractor I didn't have that kind of insight
Good work place
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Cork28 February 2019
The management team its like in the navy my opinion. Team members are generally very skilled and keen to assist. It's a pleasure to work with them day to day, HR dept is a joke you cant see them. but management operate at levels below what I'd expect from a multinational company.
Pros
5% bonus
Cons
Progression: people on the street get more progression
Daily Career Goals
Software Engineer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2019
Managed the Cloud Research and Development Infrastructure. Provisioned and maintained data centre infrastructure, code and solutions for developers; writing shell scripts and technical documentation.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
productive and fun workling place
Senior Analyst, Networker EMEA (Current Employee) –  Cork11 January 2019
great place to work , nice people.
fantastic opportunity to learn new things
big car park, nice food, well organised events, good benefits
electric car charging points, gym etc.
All work,little downtime
Sales Operations Manager EMEA (Former Employee) –  Cork9 January 2019
Dell is a place with constant pressure with ever changing targets and little reward to the employees. Senior management recognize people who can talk about so called plan of actions but in reality nothing has been achieved in the background
Pros
Salary
Cons
Senior Managers
Typical corporation work
Revenue Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ballincollig, Co. Cork, IE19 December 2018
Many opportunities to learn and improve skills. Opportunities to progress in your career. Some flexible working arrangements available. V. good management.
One of the best places I have ever worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork26 October 2018
I was there a long time ago .It was a great place to work and there was an upbeat positive culture there and people were always there to help , a sense of humour helped.
Pros
Well paid, shares, health care .
Cons
At the the end of quarter forget your social life for a week or two. Not a biggy.
Dell Experience
Software Development Internship (Former Employee) –  City Gate, Cork23 October 2018
I worked in Dell for almost 6 months as an intern. I learned a lot during the time I was there. Everything from Forecasting to Unit Testing. My team took me in had me work with them on the project which was done in the Agile Scrum process. I got to learn a lot about the company and industry. This experience had a profound impact on me. I really progressed my skills and acquired many new ones.

I found that working for Dell was enjoyable with there relaxed atmosphere but also found it difficult for few reasons. First of all there were lots of changes going on when I started working so it took a while for me to settle in. I also found the atmosphere within my team while it was relaxed I found it was slightly quiet and lacked energy.

Overall I enjoyed the experience and the internship program was very good and I got to meet lots of amazing people and make friends during the course of my internship.
Pros
Enjoyed working and learning, Internship Program
Cons
Week Atmosphere in my team
Dell
Executive Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 September 2018
Dell is a great company. It is a larger global company with lots of opportunity for career development. Dell has done very well going from public to private and back to public again.
Productive and fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Limerick26 August 2018
Very enjoyable place to work with the perfect balance of fun and hard work combined due to the high demands management were fair when targets were achieved with early break times or just general relaxed vibe.
Pros
Cons
Closed
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow15 August 2018
I started in Sales as an Account Manager dealing with corporate clients where I was extremely successful and over achieved all my Sales Targets and earned high salary. I moved onto Coaching the Sales Teams for two years where I demonstrated success by helping the Sales people increase their Sales skills and increase their KPI's. I then moved in Training and Development where I was responsible for delivery of all 3 week New Hire Induction training programmes - with 20-30 participants per class covering all aspects of their role. This was in conjunction with On the Job training which was extremely successful in helping the new hires get up to speed with their new role in half the time. I was also responsible for developing new training and delivery of same to the Sales teams.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement
Amazing team, huge learning
Planner (Former Employee) –  Limerick7 August 2018
Great place to work, great perks with staff , discounts, healtcare etc. Fast paced and huge learning. I was taken under senior staff wing and learned a huge amount.
Pros
learning
work hard play hard
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cork6 August 2018
Good company, good salary and benefits such as private healthcare for you and partner, good incentives. sales role was highly pressurised and involved lots of cold calling and basically being creative with building your own marketing plans - little or no leads provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K