Dell Technologies
Coronavirus update
Information from Dell Technologies:

Dell Technologies Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork59 reviews
Collaboration. It was great that in my last job everyone shared the same vision and was dedicated to the mission.
Work-Life Balance. “I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job.
I'm s good working.
I love yo work in s team surrounding.

I love meeting new people.

I'm always wanting to learn more.

I'm very up beat and enjoy going to work.
I was happy here, however I had my head turned by a much healthier salary elsewhere and left. I regret it to this day. Okay some staff are sycophant's and if you're not there some can complain about you behind your back but if that's all you have to complain about, you're doing well.

THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER.
Easy enough work and a relaxed workplace, plenty to do throughout the day so never felt bored. Breaks were appropriate when needed. overall good working experience.
Pros
close to home
Cons
I was a network engineer intern with Dell and got to work on many different projects like configuring swithes, rack and stacking them on the factory floor. Also I got to work on the Wireless controller troubleshooting wireless access points. My colleagues were always there for questions to answer and gain knowlege from. I got to upgrade my knowlege by using an internal learning system and took part in CCNA bootcamp. I took part in a Cisco Wireless online course which gave me knowlege working on the wireless controller. The management are very helpful and gave help and encouragement along the way. I would recommend this a s a great place to work.
I never thought I would find a place where I am excited and love getting up for work, the team are supportive and happy to help and I feel like it is the perfect environment to learn and grow.
Fantastic diversity and with a string culture to develop and learn. The company grows, changes and develops constantly and it brings its employees on that journey by promoting and assisting personal development.
Start at 8am,finish at 8pm.3 breaks during the 12 hours , they are 30 mins long.
Shipping and building orders.

Targets to reach.

Freindly company.

its a great place to work but hours are long.
Pros
3 breaks 30 mins long
Cons
Low wages
Work for me here was right up my alley as I enjoy a working on components and using software. Staff were nice and helpful. Management were easy to chat with and always willing to help you. I was able to receive employment very soon after my contract ended with the company as I learned allot there.
Pros
Great dinner menu and clean work enviroment
Cons
short term contracts
EMC was one of the best places you could work in Cork. They had a fantastic work culture. Despite the size of the business there was a real family feeling there. Great opportunities to learn new skills, network and make new friends.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Reporting sales volumes
validating data

answering rep queries

providing business reporting

testing systems

good team environment

long hours at quarter end
Pros
flexibility
Cons
little progression
Typical day was reporting, answering queries within SLA, generating sales reports, providing analysis for the business, reviewing & approving commission payments
Great opportunity to work outside the scope of your role

Flexible work environment- ability to work from home

Long hours at quarter end

Great team work
Pros
flexible
Cons
little progression
I was an EMC'er, I was let go about a year after the merger being made redundant. It was a takeover and in the new business paradigm regardless of what I was doing for the company it cam e down to what I was costing the company. This is part and parcel of large Mergers. Dell's culture is rather cut throat, but to be fair they are good at what they do.
Pros
Well known name
Cons
You're a number not a human in the organization
Atmosphere differs on department. Remote managers not ideal, if manager is remote, less likely to be promoted.
a lot of silos within the company. Good to get job done when pressure is on.
The management team its like in the navy my opinion. Team members are generally very skilled and keen to assist. It's a pleasure to work with them day to day, HR dept is a joke you cant see them. but management operate at levels below what I'd expect from a multinational company.
Pros
5% bonus
Cons
Progression: people on the street get more progression
great place to work , nice people.
fantastic opportunity to learn new things

big car park, nice food, well organised events, good benefits

electric car charging points, gym etc.
Dell is a place with constant pressure with ever changing targets and little reward to the employees. Senior management recognize people who can talk about so called plan of actions but in reality nothing has been achieved in the background
Pros
Salary
Cons
Senior Managers
I worked in Dell for almost 6 months as an intern. I learned a lot during the time I was there. Everything from Forecasting to Unit Testing. My team took me in had me work with them on the project which was done in the Agile Scrum process. I got to learn a lot about the company and industry. This experience had a profound impact on me. I really progressed my skills and acquired many new ones.

I found that working for Dell was enjoyable with there relaxed atmosphere but also found it difficult for few reasons. First of all there were lots of changes going on when I started working so it took a while for me to settle in. I also found the atmosphere within my team while it was relaxed I found it was slightly quiet and lacked energy.

Overall I enjoyed the experience and the internship program was very good and I got to meet lots of amazing people and make friends during the course of my internship.
Pros
Enjoyed working and learning, Internship Program
Cons
Week Atmosphere in my team
Good company, good salary and benefits such as private healthcare for you and partner, good incentives. sales role was highly pressurised and involved lots of cold calling and basically being creative with building your own marketing plans - little or no leads provided
Emc was a fantastic employer with a great work life balance and a lot of opportunity to progress your career by joining courses .the management team were excellent people to work for and alongside.
Pros
Shift work
Cons
Happy to work their, people are nice. the standard of work is high. It not to far to drive. Good place to be to clime the ladder.
Works are well looked after.
Pros
Chep lunch
Cons
Long Hours