Dell Employee Reviews

Sort by: Helpfulness | Rating | Date
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fast paced and fun workplace
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 May 2018
Being part of fast-paced environment at Microsoft and Dell, especially during peak times like FY Q-end, meant I frequently had to work against strict deadlines. This exercise thought me to structure my work, be self-motivated and not compromise on the quality of my deliverables.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Professional Advancement
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork1 May 2018
Learned a lot about the scrum methodology and was encouraged to attain a Professional Scrum Master certification as well as a SAFe Scaled Agilist certification.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
No job security but nice place to work
Product Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork30 April 2018
I enjoyed my time while working at EMC, the work was very enjoyable as I'm a hands on person and cab building can be quite therapeutic. The wages matched the workload which was fine. Shift work was great. The only issue is the safety of your job,which there is none, all in all a good experience working for a big name in the I.T industr.
Pros
Shift work, type of work
Cons
Job security
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Computer Technician
PC-Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork23 April 2018
TRADE CEASED. IT CLOSED DOWN INI 2003.

I carried out daly tasks of repairing all Windows based computers. Printer repairs etc.

Company was situated in Macroom
Pros
great team spirit
Cons
lack of work
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Empresa de ritmo acelerado
Storage Analyst (Former Employee) –  County Dublin16 April 2018
Empresa de ritmo acelerado, muitas oportunidades se você estiver pronto para procurá-las.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
day to day
Representative (Current Employee) –  Cork9 April 2018
day to day is very busy handling customer requests while prioritizing the calls at a high level and fast pace - having the ability to make quick decisions and having the correct outcome to provide the best timely service
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
set shift
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great place to work
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  County Dublin15 March 2018
Great company and a great place to work. Dell offers good benefits, multicultural environment, and good professional culture.
Pros
Benefits, facilities, culture
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive and fun
Production Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork14 February 2018
I enjoyed working here. I learned skills regarding health and safety, dealing with people and time management. The workplace was fun but still remained productive
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cork7 February 2018
A nice working culture, and potentials to accomplish more and an encouragement to learn new skills and enhance already available one. A good work culture and positive environment
Was this review helpful?YesNo 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Un posto di lavoro vero
server analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland21 January 2018
Molto stressante all'inizio, tra formazione, relocation, interazione con colleghi di altri paesi e culture.
Dopo il primo durissimo mese ci si ambienta ed è tutto in discesa e, se si è appassionati di information technology, è anche abbastanza gratificante.
L'organizzazione è pressoché perfetta, funziona tutto come un orologio svizzero: le pochissime volte che ci sono problemi vengono risolti, gli straordinari sono straordinari e,se non ricordo male, ci sono turnisti che coprono i servizi h24 per le notti e i week end ma la loro settimana è di 4 gg.
Quando lavoravo lì, per tornare a casa pagavo €6 per raggiungere l'aeroporto, contro gli 8-10 che si spendevano in Italia già allora, ma guadagnavo 2-2,5 volte tanto.
Per intendersi, lo sfruttamento dell'azienducola padronale all' italiana non c'è e nemmeno nullafacenza e cialtroneria : bisogna lavorare sul serio, altrimenti si viene cacciati, e anche in malo modo.
Per chi non riesce a reggere, c'è anche un servizio di assistenza psicologica, massaggiatrici e palestra.
Per divertirsi ci sono delle linee notturne comodissime che servono tutta la costa e, quindi, dopo che si lavora, non serve nemmeno la macchina; non mancano ristoranti, pub negozi e centri commerciali per tutte le tasche.
E' un po' difficile ambientarsi perché gli autoctoni non sono così accoglienti come li si dipinge ma è solo una questione di tempo.
La mia esperienza risale a una decina di anni fa, non so se è ancora così, ma il mio ricordo è molto positivo, nonostante le difficoltà iniziali.
Pros
Salario, formazione, location, ambiente di respiro internazionale, palestra, massaggi, psicologo
Cons
I ritmi di lavoro, per chi va lì dall'Italia
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
good salary
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick6 January 2018
Shifts not allocated properly. No time for living. have to improve Communication, training plans for employees, rewards, culture.Carer progression available to all
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Shipping department
SHIPPING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Limerick30 October 2017
A hard job as I was retrieving certain computers from stock for delivery all over Europe. Was difficult as some computers were often stored in wrong area which made the job a lot harder as a certain amount of computers was expected to be delivered each day.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great place to work
Channel Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 October 2017
I worked here for 13 years and grew and developed a lot during this time.
I learned how to work with senior professionals and also how to build and maintain relationships.
I learned a lot about Dell products & sales tools which enabled me to have a very successful career while I was there.
Pros
Location
Cons
N/a
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good Place to Work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 October 2017
Dell wants to make sure it get the product to its customer working and within an a certain tie frame. It values its customers and staff wages are fair and they got a good package ie Health Care Sports Social and Pension.
You wish to advance your education dell not stand in your way they sponsor your education.
Pros
As above
Cons
Depends on Supervisor you can progress or not
Was this review helpful?Yes 4NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
decent workplace
general operative (Former Employee) –  CORK1 October 2017
decent workplace with many different opportunities.
Didnt work there for long, but i've noticed it's well managed and has well developed procedures for every task.
Was this review helpful?Yes 4No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun workplace:
Corporate and Operational Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cork27 September 2017
Brilliant work life balance.
Co-workers all very friendly and welcoming.
Great benefits.
Fantastic opportunities to expand your skills.
The resources that are given are brilliant.
I loved the charity give back days they really made you feel like you were making a difference.
Pros
EMC University courses were free
Cons
Long unpaid hours when it came to month end
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
productive and flexible
Enterprise Pre sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2017
Dell without doubt provide very flexible working environment to its employees. I have spent almost 12 years in dell and it has both tough and fun days throughout my career in Dell. I have learned a lot during my career at Dell which has helped in progressing from Inside sales role to enterprise consultant. Dell not only provided work life balance but also accommodated different cultures.

I always enjoyed dealing with customers to resolve their issues during all projects. I also enjoyed mu time during mentoring new colleagues. End of quarter period is always hardest part of the job while reviewing numbers.

I always enjoyed and learned a lot from my management as they were always willing to listen and help in all kind of issues.
Was this review helpful?Yes 6NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great Place to work
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2017
Great place to work, fantastic facilities and benefits for staff ..
hard to move up through the company..it can be more based on who you know rather than what you know.. overall a good place to work.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
High Targets
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good Place to Work
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork6 September 2017
Good Place to Work, although i cannot give a good or bad review because I only worked with Dell EMC for four months after the takeover of EMC. When I started working there, it was just called EMC and Dell weren't in the picture.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 2Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good working conditions
Senior Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 August 2017
Good working conditions,
Good pay, great working atmosphere, good sports and social club and great benefits for employees e,g., health insurance and such.
Was this review helpful?Yes 3NoReport
Claimed Profile

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

4.0
Based on 8,092 reviews
52.9K
43K
31.6K
2344
1244

Ratings by category

3.9Work/Life Balance
3.8Salary/Benefits
3.4Job Security/Advancement
3.6Management
3.8Culture