Derrycourt Cleaning Specialist

Derrycourt Cleaning Specialist Employee Reviews

Ireland21 reviews
Flexible hours
A good start to work in Ireland with a decent pay and flexible hours. The management need to improve because during my job I felt that communication between me and sites supervisors were to slow. Also the HR department need more staff personnel. Overall Derrycourt is fair and in time with payment, and respectful with the employees.
stressful and unrewarding
Far too much travelling to different sites for work.
Not enough pay to cover cost of living and transport.

No stability or security of tenure.

Lack of contact with managers.
Terrible
Not enough training given to employees not to mention that they don't care if you break the start and end of a shift and they will throw you ALL over wicklow and you would be very lucky to get 1 day off a week. terrible company who lost a big contract of theirs due to not going out and properly training employees
Excellent Environment to work
Great place to work,I enjoy working there ,I was comfortable in the role and the staff assisted in any queries I had,positive Place to work,I am happy to be part of their team.
Good Job
The company is good, always I have shift, they call me constantly to offering job.
I prefer to do cover, because I can change the sites and I can work in different places.
Misunerstanding...
Company is cutting hours, breaking law and trying to illegal change the old staff contracts ... They pay minimum salary.. Stay away from them people ..
Pros
Cons
No overtimes payed
Old Staff make new Staff feel very uncomfortable
Office Staff - Huge turnover of Staff
Unable to keep new staff this is down to the old staff being extremely clicky and not helpful towards new staff

No work life balance - some staff in there must Saturdays to get on top.of things and its frowned upon if you don't.

Constant mistakes on wages badly managed

Avoid at all costs
Pros
Good Friday off but will be expected to work overtime to make up
Cons
Everything - Bullying
Avoid
Avoid working in the healthcare. Your left with little or no help. You go looking for mops or products and your lucky to get enough to last your shift. You ask for products you need and your left waiting or never get it.
Training the lack of it is crazy during my time there i was shown little or nothing. You ask to be shown how to use the buffer or other machines and your left waiting. The on the job training was so so poor. IF your new to cleaning you will be left to rot. Then dumped. Rarely see many Irish people working for the company and its a case of favourites with the supervisor I was working with.

Some nice people you work with but they are let down by the company.
Pros
Staff are friendly
Great company
Derrycourt are a great company overall to work for. The management are great and very understanding. The staff you'll work with are all lovely and are very willing to help during your first weeks there. The only downside is you may be expected to early morning and your sites you work on may require a bit of travelling, although, these sites are not usually permenant, you will usually just be covering holidays.
Pros
Great staff, understanding management, good pay, flexiable shifts
Cons
Travel to sites
Wouldn t recommend this job
They ask for working in few different places for few hours each, but don t refund your tickets (which means to get from home to workplace then to workplace and back home you have to spend at least your hourly rate),and for time you spend on travelling no paid as well. So you can spend 4 h working,and next 4 h. On getting to work and you will be paid for 4h. minus costs of bus fees or so,which gives 30 EURO per day. It s the only company who has charged me for uniform,so you starting job with small debt :) rosters are never certain so you cannot plan anything, they don t pay overtime and in Sunday they don t pay day+half as every other company does. Work is hard and not always safe, as for such small hourly rate. Management not helpful at all, and doesn t motivate staff at all. Induction is okay,but trainings in workplace seemed to be a joke.looks like noone knows nothing in the company. I wouldn t recommend
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Health care night postion
They ask you to work in the hospital in Dublin 1, nights, they ask you if you can work around sick kids, clean blood, can you take some injection to make sure you stay healthy. Omg and all of this for 10.40 per hour. It's a joke.
Pros
Non
Cons
Low pay for risky job
Good Company
The pay and working hours are very good. The staff are friendly and easy to get along with. They locate you in a place that you are comfortable with and is easy for you to travel to.
Enjoyed working for the company
I enjoyed working for Derry Court.
Worked on 2/4 different sites for them.

Very friendly management.

Vrey helpful.

Only left the company because I got a full-time position else-where
Pros
worked part-time hours
Could be better then it is now.
Could be better in the relation with staff and could give more care about staff promovation, for now they don't care about location staff and the location place where they have to go to work.
gardener
Very good and nice job on the fresh air and many different places! Hard work but I am very happy when I making good job and when cotumers looks very happy.
got all the training needed
great company to work for.
got different types of training, did not work with them for very long but it was a good experience. I would work for them again.
Good place to work in people are lovely
Derry court is a great place to work for but I just need a part time cleaning job as I start at 4.30 in the morning finish at 1 in the afternoon so I can work part time from four in the afternoon for a couple of hours
Cons
Early start
Productive & Fun Workplace
Need to be hard working and highly motivated and be able to work to strict timelines and flexible were needs be
Be able to work as part of a team , good commuter skills
Pros
9am - 5.30pm
cleaner
As a cleaner at Derrycourt you receive a very good formation about the positions you should use at work. and how to do your job safely.
you receive your hours per day. you not usually have a fixed work time. that depend of the places you where working.
Cons
Workplaces very fare away one from others
Productive and fun place to work at
It's a great place to work as a student or someone new to the country. Also someone who want launch a career .. it is a stepping stone to all careers. It invest much on staff in terms of training
Pros
Flexibility
Derrycourt.
Derrycourt hired me, and then forgot about me,
I would have to constantly call for hours, and when i got hours i was made travel to sites alone on public transport, fees of which were not subsidised.

low pay, hardly any hours,

and then having to pay 3 quarters of my wage toward travel when i did get hours.
Pros
there were no pros at all.
Cons
Traveling long distances on public transport to sites dotted all over Dublin and other counties, without notice, without any travel refund, you could have to travel 3 hours and the job gets cancelled, so you recieve no pay.