Designer Group Ltd

Designer Group Ltd Employee Reviews

All management and staff are friendly and approachable. Very encouraging of further learning and development and provide great opportunities for progression.Fast-paced work but in a very collaborative environment.
High performance leadership, collaborative environment and people focused. Staff are friendly and helpful. Regular social events that cater for all interests.
The office is very modern and new with large workspaces. Toilets and canteen are very well kept. The staff of all levels are extremely helpful and friendly.
Pros
Free Tea and coffee
I worked as an electrician for this company. Absolute mayhem on site. Lack of materials to do the job, badly organised, not enough power tools. The company supposedly encourages furthering your education, however site management has no concept of this and expects an unrealistic workload from staff who are doing evening courses.
Pros
Wages there when they're supposed to be.
Cons
On site management is awful
No 2 days the same very fast pace, co operative environment, good work team and all the latest tech and specialist test equipment. Good wages and available overtime.
From the moment I started here, I got a bad vibe. Awful culture of bullying and victimisation. Saw first hand how those in leadership positions treated people. Stress levels off the scale and long working hours. They surely must be in breach of the Organisation Working Time Act especially on site where young apprentices are forced to work over 60 hours a week. My advice, stay away and tell everyone else to !
Toxic culture that does not value emoloyees. A culture driven by fear. Several staff ended up in hospital due to stress and pressure of working here. Stay away if you value your health and family
A wonderful company to work for. A very fast paced environment as it is a constantly growing company, a great place for apprentices to start their careers
The company is based on a fear and intimidation there is no saying no to overtime your expected to give up all your life for the company. There is a bad vibe going around and lack off happiness in work no backup from management
Insane work hours , poor management and treatment of workers. Last job I was on with them I worked 16 hour days for a month straight. While I was paid well for this it was a non existent work/life balance
Pros
No issue with wages, Have some good quality electricians working for them
Cons
Long hours, bad morale, bad management
HR is extremely poor, site management is also seriously below par for a company that wants to compete in this industry, have a lot of very good workers employed but will definitely lose them down the line due to poor treatment and long hours. The company is a big click, if ya don't play for plunkets your another brick in the wall, Apprentice's treated like slaves, no travel.
Pros
Cons
Slave drivers
Long hours with no rewards , Very bad HR team , No drive on site you are just a number to this company , If you like to work 12 hours shifts then apply , no travel
Pros
Cons
Overtime
They will promise you everything if you work hard do long hrs don't have time for your own family come in weekends letting there princess apprentices do no overtime and what they want basically be a little puppet for them and despence of you when they see fit.
Pros
If your an apprentice or useless electrician its for you
Cons
No home/family life and they'll rob ya blind
Poor HR team, will only support staff who have family ties. Very poor foremen, also only support staff who have family ties. If your not family dont bother you will be treated as a slave, also always in trouble with the union for how they treat emloyees. Very bad working enviroment. If you want to just be a number go ahead and apply, if your a man with pride and want to progress ypur career stay well away.
Pros
If your a bad electrician and want to get away with it they are perfect
Cons
Zero career progression unless your family
Excellent HR, amazing company, great to work for. Had financial and medical issues during employment which caused me to have to cease working for them unfortunately. Would recommend to anyone as they treat their employees fairly and will go above and beyond to help them.
I worked there for 18 years; lack of management SMT do not listen No leadership for those who propose to lead the Company Ridiculous long hours which are expected Would question some of their H&S procedures lack of integrity blame culture driven from the top down
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Long hours and lack of trust
Good company but need to move with the times some dinosaurs in management. Some of the culture is based on fear not a positive environment. The company has huge potential.
Very positive workforce. I was able to make the position my own during my time there. Work hard environment and rewarded well for doing so. Management were supportive.
Pros
Good pay & regular social activities
I have worked for Designer Group since the year 2000. I have worked my way up through the company and have enjoyed it. I feel that I need a new challenge with a different company now at this stage in my life.
Pros
Freedom to carry out job
Cons
Overworked, lack of support from senior management, long distance to work
I am currently working for designer group in dublin, they are a very professional and safe compant to work for and do everything by the book if i ever have any queries there is always someone in the office to help.
Pros
Work phone and paid parking
Cons
Alot of overtime