Designer Minds

Designer Minds Employee Reviews

Ireland11 reviews
Rewarding & fun work with a lot of variety
Worked as an after-school club-teacher in Cork in 2018/19 and absolutely loved it. The lesson-plans were quite well thought-out & detailed, especially compared to a very similar company I'd worked for previously. There was always scope to add your own stamp to the lessons and the teacher to student ratio gives you the time to go a bit further into the topics with interested students. New topic taught each week so there was quite a lot of variety and as it's an after-school club the majority of the kids are there of their own free will so you're generally talking to a receptive audience!

I came from a science background and worked with other scientists as well as dedicated primary teachers during my time there and both skill sets are equally valuable. As the same material is repeated in each class over the course of the week even someone without a science background could pick up enough from the notes and first few classes to answer (most) questions by the end of the week.

Also really loved the working hours, usually 3-7pm or thereabouts; so although there is a bit of driving involved it's always outside rush hour. Looking forward to coming back in September all going well!
Pros
New topics each week and different students every club
A great company to work for
A great company to work for if you are enthusiastic about teaching and encouraging children in the STEAM subjects. The lesson plans and equipment are all up to the minute, so you have an opportunity to learn and develop your skills and interests in recent technology and teaching aids.
You need to be organised to adjust to variations across each venue and willing to travel. Training is provided but study in your own time is also required to familiarise yourself with lesson content. The management team are supportive, consistently available to contact for advice and they encourage feedback. They are professional and lovely people to work with.
Great employer, fun job!
I've been with Designer Minds for almost three years now. Initially I joined on part-time hours as I was recovering from an illness, but I liked it so much that I stayed. And I'm still here! I enjoy it as much as the kids enjoy attending!

The lesson plans provided are excellent and have lots of great ideas on how to teach STEAM topics. It's also very rewarding to see how much children learn even in one club, and then how they build on this knowledge from week to week. I'm learning a lot too! Especially in subjects (like coding) that I would not have known a lot about before joining Designer Minds.

Management are very easy to deal with and are always available if any issues arise. They always value feedback and input too.

Honestly, I can say it's the best job I've ever had.
Exciting and creative workplace
I enjoyed working with designer mins the salary was great and I gained so much experience working with kids in an exciting new way. A typical day always varied in some way. I had a great team to work with who were highly skilled and very supportive in their roles. We checked in the groups every morning spoke with the parents and the present a short topic to the group and let them off in teams to experiment and learn from each other. We were there to facilitate that experience for them. I really loved this work, I developed in my other role as youth worker and since then I have looked for more steam training to further my knowledge and skills.
In terms of management and the training I received for this job, Designer Minds are and amazing company to work for, the guys were there every step of the way, they were very encouraging and gave us enough leeway to adjust the material to what ever works. Everything was thought out, every materiel was supplied and every possibility was catered for. Can't wait to go back next summer!!
Rewarding and enjoyable job
Working with Designer Minds was most enjoyable. It was rewarding to help and watch the children discover STEAM in an educational yet fun way. Through working with Designer Minds I met a wide variety of children. It was a summer camp which was inclusive to all children which was extremely important to me. Everything was very well organised allowing for a stress free working environment. I would highly recommend working with Designer Minds.
Fun and rewarding work
I worked part time with designer minds in both after school clubs and summer camps. I really enjoyed the work and you get to meet great children and enthusiastic parents. All of the lesson plans are clearly laid out and materials provided are to a high standard. The owners are positively involved and also at the end of the phone to deal with any issues that may arise. Overall it was a great working experience with an excellent opportunity to teach S.T.E.A.M to budding coders, scientists,explorers and curious minds.
Pros
understanding management, nice working hours and great childern
Cons
None of note
Creative, social, educational and well structured, rewarding.
I love working with Designer Minds as the job is creative, social, educational and well structured. It is highly rewarding to teach kids and see them getting excited learning STEM subjects. Every week I am blown away by the way children can pick up so much at a young age.

Training is provided for the Teachers. We are always learning new and exciting class plans to teach, which keeps the job interesting.

The whole system of designer Minds is so well organised from class plans to timetables and this makes working for the company alot easier. I consider myself very luck to have found the job on indeed when I did.
Fun and Creative Environment
This company upholds the true qualities of a happy and safe working environment where both kids and team leaders alike feel creatively challenged on a daily basis. Everyday team leaders felt the warm support of management in relation to any situation that we as workers may come across.
Enjoyable and productive workplace
I started working with designer minds in July of 2018 and have never looked back. It’s a brilliant place to work. The job itself is rewarding and the employees are intelligent, artistic and all focused on achieving a similar goal. Everyday is different and the activities done are second to none. The kids love it and we get just as much out of the clubs as they do.
STEAM club leader
Work changes every week so there's never a dull moment but maintains the same basic structure. As with any job working with children, it's a busy and energetic atmosphere with a lot of fun to be had. Very practical and hands-on activities which children love and in turn, which make the clubs enjoyable to teach. Well worth it for anyone looking for experience working with/teaching children and to gain an insight into STEAM topics from a different perspective. There is a real teamwork approach to the clubs which is an enjoyable and supportive environment to work in.
Fantastic! Fun, innovative and well supported.
I have spent 7 weeks with Designer Minds this summer as a leader.
It was the most enjoyable work I have done in years.

Although it coincided with the summer holidays I was able to enjoy the afternoon/ evenings as the camp finished at 2 p.m.

The management offered very detailed , fantastic lesson plans, extra resources as well as training and supported us all throughout.

We worked as a team of 3 which meant we could each have the choice of activities/ duties to take a lead on and were able to run the camp in a smooth and efficient way. Also allowed for great friendships!

Unlike teachers in mainstream education we had the bonus of teaching super fun, engaging activities/ subjects to children who already had an interest in the STEAM subjects. Not much to go wrong! The activities (each and every one creative an educational) vary each day of the week so it never gets boring for either parties.

I would highly recommend it to anyone working with children and you may even learn a thing or two.
Pros
Great salary, Good working hours, Heaps of fun, Support all the way!
Cons
Plenty of equipment to haul around - the price to pay for all the fun!