DFS Furniture Stores

DFS Furniture Stores Employee Reviews

This company shouts out all about it cares for employees and that they value every staff member nothing could be further from the truth long hours of back breaking work for poor wages when the chips are down you will be left high and dry to fend for yourself
unorganised structure . no thought but for themselves in management. Lack of authority enforced leading to misguided staff . very consistent turn over of staff.
Pros
Cons
long hours / back breaking work / No professionalism in management
This company invested in my development within a few months of me being in the business. Hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed and one of the best onboard and training programs I have seen over the +10years I have been in Retail ! Nothing is more reassuring then when you work for No.1 *****
Where do I start, the hours are long. You are expected to work more than what they originally tell you in your interview. It's not for people with family at all, that is unless you want to work 6 day weeks all the time. You are encouraged to lie to customers to ensure the deal can be made and I'm telling you this isn't coming from shop level but rather higher management. When you try to talk about any issues you may have you are told stick it or lump it, constantly threatened with discipline if not hitting targets. Not enough support or training at all. Only good thing I can say is the commission is not bad and the other sales lads are good craic. The company unfortunately needs new blood as the older ones are dragging down what could honestly be a great company to work for
PEEK-A-BOO! Where do I start. Firstly they promise you the sun moon and stars in the interview. Great pay, help from management when needed, no pressure etc etc...but when you actually start the job you realise that it's all a lie!! They pay is just above average but for the work you do it's no where near enough. I worked in the warehouse and no body cares for you. You tell the management any problems you have and they either dont care or think your lying about it. They only care about themselves and their figures. Even when we had got a good thing going, they go and change the shift managers which just has the warehouse upside down! The new management have no idea what's going on or what to do when something does go wrong. You get TOLD your doing overtime, no asking. They talk health and safety but dont actually care too much. Yeah they give you the sheets to read and sign but they dont actually let you read, they just say Sign it and you will be grand!!!!! When they do tell you to do something and you dont agree with it, your brought up to the office and giving an improvement notice which is absolutely crazy!! DO NOT APPLY FOR A JOB IN DFS. As mad as this sounds you really are better off being unemployed than working there!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Bad management. No care for employees
Pros
Staff discount, some colleagues were fun to work with
Cons
Managers: duplicitous and fickle and will throw you under a bus in a heartbeat.
You need to be hungry for the sale to work here. My manager was ruthless and would turn on you for missing target even if you’d consistently delivered over months and months. There was constant anxiety in store and turnover was very high as a result. I like dealing with people and have a genuine interest in interior design but I felt like I was working in a used car sales shop in how I was expected get the sales in. Awful awful leadership. Really terrible company with a culture of bullying and daily passive aggressive comments and digs to make you understand who had the power in the company. Honestly, really awful people.
Pros
Staff discount, some colleagues were fun to work with
Cons
Managers: duplicitous and fickle and will throw you under a bus in a heartbeat.
Easy job in terms of workload but management are extremely unprofessional which can make your working day unbearable sometimes. Regularly make inappropriate comments that everyone knows is completely out of order. Everyone is too afraid to confront this behavior and management know this. Money can be good if you sell but some days are very difficult to make sales but management could care less. You either make money or leave. Its as simple as that. A very cold calculating company to work for - they make out they encourage their staff to achieve their best but that was not my experience. Everyone was expendable. So happy I've moved on.
Pros
Bonus when the sales are good
Cons
Toxic culture, oppressive management
Pros
Bonus when the sales are good
Cons
Toxic culture, oppressive management
If you like been over worked and under payed this is the place for you worked here for 3 years and there is more bosses that haven’t a clue how to manage. Come Christmas you will be expected to work un real hours and get a thank you very much as a bonus for your trouble.left it for a better job and when I handed in my notice was asked to stay but wouldn’t get a pay rise these clowns live in a dream world
Pros
22 days holiday
Cons
The managers
A typical day at work is rather busy. I learned to communicate with people more. The management there is very professional. The workplace I work in is a great environment and a very friendly place to shop. The hardest part of the job for me is my hours mixing in with college. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
This company is a very fun place to work and you are never left idle in relation to things to do. It is managed quite well with the harest part being where to send the delivery vans on any given day. the most enjoyable part of this job is gaining the ability to learn how to deal with the general public and their queries once you relay satisfactory information the phone. This company has a great working team environment with each employee stepping outside their own roles in order to help each other when they can.
management don't care about there staff just getting deliveries out. No life if you have kids. hard graft and back pains.
Pros
overtime always
Cons
never finish early always late home
Weekend work is mandatory which does affect family life, however they do their best to ensure you get the time off you request. The job is secure however there is no advancement opportunities. I really enjoy working there but does feel that i need to further myself professionally.