DFS Furniture Stores
DFS Furniture Stores Employee Review

High staff turn over

13 September 2019
This company shouts out all about it cares for employees and that they value every staff member nothing could be further from the truth long hours of back breaking work for poor wages when the chips are down you will be left high and dry to fend for yourself
17 April 2019
Same role
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) - Ireland
PEEK-A-BOO! Where do I start. Firstly they promise you the sun moon and stars in the interview. Great pay, help from management when needed, no pressure etc etc...but when you actually start the job you realise that it's all a lie!! They pay is just above average but for the work you do it's no where near enough. I worked in the warehouse and no body cares for you. You tell the management any problems you have and they either dont care or think your lying about it. They only care about themselves and their figures. Even when we had got a good thing going, they go and change the shift managers which just has the warehouse upside down! The new management have no idea what's going on or what to do when something does go wrong.
You get TOLD your doing overtime, no asking. They talk health and safety but dont actually care too much. Yeah they give you the sheets to read and sign but they dont actually let you read, they just say Sign it and you will be grand!!!!! When they do tell you to do something and you dont agree with it, your brought up to the office and giving an improvement notice which is absolutely crazy!!

DO NOT APPLY FOR A JOB IN DFS. As mad as this sounds you really are better off being unemployed than working there!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Bad management. No care for employees
4 May 2018
Same role
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) - Cork
If you like been over worked and under payed this is the place for you worked here for 3 years and there is more bosses that haven’t a clue how to manage. Come Christmas you will be expected to work un real hours and get a thank you very much as a bonus for your trouble.left it for a better job and when I handed in my notice was asked to stay but wouldn’t get a pay rise these clowns live in a dream world
Pros
22 days holiday
Cons
The managers
6 November 2017
Same location
Comfort Crew (Current Employee) - Limerick
A typical day at work is rather busy. I learned to communicate with people more. The management there is very professional. The workplace I work in is a great environment and a very friendly place to shop. The hardest part of the job for me is my hours mixing in with college. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers.
Pros
Friendly staff