DFS Furniture Stores

DFS Furniture Stores Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Sales Advisor3 reviews
Ireland3 reviews
Where do I start, the hours are long. You are expected to work more than what they originally tell you in your interview. It's not for people with family at all, that is unless you want to work 6 day weeks all the time. You are encouraged to lie to customers to ensure the deal can be made and I'm telling you this isn't coming from shop level but rather higher management.
When you try to talk about any issues you may have you are told stick it or lump it, constantly threatened with discipline if not hitting targets. Not enough support or training at all.

Only good thing I can say is the commission is not bad and the other sales lads are good craic. The company unfortunately needs new blood as the older ones are dragging down what could honestly be a great company to work for
You need to be hungry for the sale to work here. My manager was ruthless and would turn on you for missing target even if you’d consistently delivered over months and months. There was constant anxiety in store and turnover was very high as a result. I like dealing with people and have a genuine interest in interior design but I felt like I was working in a used car sales shop in how I was expected get the sales in. Awful awful leadership. Really terrible company with a culture of bullying and daily passive aggressive comments and digs to make you understand who had the power in the company. Honestly, really awful people
Pros
Staff discount, some colleagues were fun to work with
Cons
Managers: duplicitous and fickle and will throw you under a bus in a heartbeat.
Easy job in terms of workload but management are extremely unprofessional which can make your working day unbearable sometimes. Regularly make inappropriate comments that everyone knows is completely out of order. Everyone is too afraid to confront this behavior and management know this. Money can be good if you sell but some days are very difficult to make sales but management could care less. You either make money or leave. Its as simple as that. A very cold calculating company to work for - they make out they encourage their staff to achieve their best but that was not my experience. Everyone was expendable. So happy I've moved on.
Pros
Bonus when the sales are good
Cons
Toxic culture, oppressive management