DID Electrical

DID Electrical Employee Reviews

Ireland26 reviews

Understaffed for the work that needs to be done. Then take on loads of new staff before the big rush and don't give proper training to anybody.

Staff turnover is very bad. There losing alot of there loyal staff due to no incentives in the workplace. They will promise you the world but will never follow up on it.

Expectations too high for a wage too low

A very demanding environment with little care for their staff. It is an everyday occurrence to be overworked with little thanks and no chance of progression, different rules for different staff members, I have been promised further training to advance in the company but it was nothing but an empty promise. The day to day is ridiculous rules followed by condescending and patronising emails from senior management. The expectation for staff does not match the wage being paid. It’s very low and everyday I left not seeing the value I brought to the company. constantly monitored and v little appreciation. The company does not have a heating system and the office can be very cold at times but nothing has never been done about that. Power outages when personal heaters are plugged in so some can’t be used. Management are very out of touch with reality. High turnover due to management and low pay.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Low wages, stressful environment, no chance of advancement

Okay money but lackluster management.

Floor sales would be a nice job if there was not as much back end work. You are told that your job is to sell but you`re not told you also have to do others peoples job (E.g web work or stock runner). Staff are friendly, store atmosphere can be quite competitive in busier locations. Managers and head office seem to never communicate leading to staff being told multiple different versions of the tasks at hand.

Stressful place

Great people to work with.Management style is not the best.Training is minimal Could do more to help staff in tough situations rather than fab them off.Needs to sit down with their staff and see what is going wrong rather than just coming up with ideas and see will they or won't they work.

Love coming to work!!

I love coming to work, my team is great. We work hard but can have a laugh too so the days always fly in! Management is always open to any suggestions the team has and will always try to implement these by working with us. Managers are never afraid to get stuck in to daily jobs too which is great and something you don't see everywhere!

Pros

Commission pay, Friendly team, Can have a laugh too.

Friendly workplace, brilliant management

Great, friendly work environment. Management and co workers easy to get along with. Customers also friendly. Normal retail hours but accommodating where required. <3

Great place to work- real teamwork ethic! Manager will always ensure you get the right training and make you feel part of the team!

Great place to work- real teamwork ethic! Manager will always ensure you get the right training and make you feel part of the team, everyone else makes you feel really welcomed too! Overall great people to work with.

Pros

Staff discount

Decent place to work but pay is a joke for the work expected. So much so that even management joke about it.

I enjoyed working here but you'll never earn enough to consider it long term. Colleagues were the best part and there was good craic in the shop. Warehouse is a joke and as a result customer's are often in complaining about missed delivery or their order not being ready after months.

Fast paced

A fast paced role in a busy environment.Hours are reasonable and weekend work is included.Recommended for experience in sales and customer service.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Weekends

Good team on the floor selling

D.I.D were a company to work for when it was family run, over the year's it changed alot and became more intensive.Head office used to listen to the employees and try sort out any complaint or try to make the working environment better, however that had gone on my 2nd stint working with them.So many good staff left and the company policies seemed to have changed to a point where I couldn't work for them anymore, money was king and old school selling had gone out the window.

Pros

Salary

Cons

6day week when i worked there

They don't care about their employees, especially during the pandemic

They don't care about their employees, especially during the pandemic, close contact Covid-19 staff members were made to work! The company only care about it's profits and no considerations about staff or customers.

Pros

other staff members

Cons

they don't protect staff, close contact Covid-19 staff made to work!

Hard work for low money

Senior management change their mind all the time, they don't lead they follow the competition. No praise only criticism. Rosters are changed at very short notice

Pros

Commision

Hunderous, un balanced expections

Overall looks great, until you start. Constantly being put down and reminders, txt out of hours total breach. Name and shame mentality. Glass is always only half full... Empty promises. Revolving door when it comes to turn over. No proper training, no cleaner, and they are the pros.... LolCons- the list is endless and exhaustive.....

Pros

None... Getting to go home, scroll to the next employer

Cons

List is endless and exhaustive

Stay away

Unrealistic expectations of driver and helper lack of training work hard while it's busy and then when it's quiet they let you go. One manager in particular just looked for problems with everyone and most ppl disliked him.long shifts and planning needs to be addressed overall very poor to work for to my surprise as did looked to be a good irish employer but probation contracts are just used to there advantage

Pros

Warehouse staff

Cons

Everything else

Youre A commodity

Long hours constant pressure no regard for safety machines above legal weight to carry upstairs substandard equipment to move machines evening run youre on your own with

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

Long hours no respect for you youre only a number

Relaxed

Good place to work, so far all the staff and management I've met are great, as with anywhere their is a couple bad apples. Senior management is unexperienced and follows the market not innovative and does a bad job of leading.

Pros

good atmosphere in stores

Cons

Senior management dont know what theyre doing, very flippant.

Good place to work and can earn commission especially during seasonal times like Christmas and Sales. Constantly learning as everyday brings up new customers questions

productive and fun workplace

I found myself very well, the people who helped me every time I asked for help. You will find a peaceful and polite environment, the work is not difficult except for the black friday and christmas period.

Pleasure to work for.

As a recent employee with D.I.D I switched jobs and it was a huge mistake as I've never enjoyed a job so much in my life. The staff are a pleasure to work with. The management are outstanding and always make you feel part of the team. I would start back working for them in the morning if I could. Great commission that made you want to keep selling and selling!

Pros

Fantastic Comission

Good workplace, allowed for time off if needed

Staff within the stroes were very friendly, would frequently have to work with other stores in order to attain stock etc. Long hours however, regularly found myself working 12 hour shifts.

Pros

Commission

Cons

Work Weekends

Its nice 😈

Good place to work pays well supervisor is very friendly and you get a thanks at the end of every day I respect that only fault is that it was only temp work

Pros

Good money

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DID Electrical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement