Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

I worked for 2 years at Dimension Data as Associate Client Manager. I really enjoyed the dynamic environnement and the management very close the team member. The people are nice.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Dimension Data is Everything is good, good job security and work is depend on Project and customer.HR need to improveJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Dimension Data, I think it is very secure for on role employee and less secure for offrole
Excellent company, meet fantastic dynamic educated skilled and cultured individuals. Beholden to many strategies driven in partnership with large dynamic brands, with a leaning to infrastructure, comms & collaboration solutions. In general little exposure to dynamic app development, solutions (again leaning on larger established vendors)..this might frustrate younger developers who want to innovate quicker in environments driving SCRUM/AGILE using other tools such as the Atlassian range etc.One of the best company HR setups I've seen. Top class.
Pros
constant exposure to Big Tech innovation, strategies & Services improvement
Cons
Weak on data, app, sw market positioning except for some offices.
If you are engineer at Dimension Data, you have a +10 hour workday 6 days a week. During projects you will work +- 15 hours per day. Most of the time there is not enough engineers to do the work and it came to such a point that daily resource meetings had to be held to address the burning points and project managers have to go back to clients with excuses why their installations have to be postponed. Some of the managers at Dimension Data actively encourages the employees to lie to clients when there is a lack of resources. This happened on several occassions and is still happening.Some of the managers are really very good, but some of them are poorly equipped for their positions. There is always a type of "hovering threat" to prevent staff from to be not to outspoken. In all the years I was with Dimension Data most of the staff were on a constant look out for other opportunities. There is always a definitive line between management and staff. Most of the time changes will occur and none of the staff was even notified.Hardest part of the job is to have engineers to do the work, and stop working 15 hour days. If the employees complained about the long hours, they were told they will be put under performance management as Dimension Data cannot let the clients down.
Pros
Coffee. tea etc. Daily fruit per day.
Cons
Extremely long hours and disparity of salaries, honesty of some management
All show and no substance. Lots of talk about collaboration, which is true on practitioner level. Very much enjoyed those relationships. But on management level, lots of back door discussions, back-stabbing and overall lack of insincerity. Management would leap before discussions with affected parties and get caught / surprised given its lack of knowledge. CEO was green and lacked personal touch or situational understanding in key HR situations.
Pros
Allowed autonomy for employees.
Cons
Lack of sincerity and ruthlessness on management level
Not a bad place to work and there is flexible policy, tou can approach anybody in the senior management team to voice any complaints and also any thing you feel could be done in a better way
Pros
incentives sales
Cons
culture
Best of tge management Best of the salary High bonus On weekend so free Best of teams Best of the environment Every year got company trip to overseas Modern company
Man arbeitet vorwiegend bei Großkonzernen. Wenn man eine distanzierte und eher unpersönliche Arbeitsatmosphäre schätzt ist man dort richtig. Zudem sollte einem bewusst sein dass "politische" Entscheidungen gefällt werden. Alles in allem war es eine äußerst angenehme Zeit.
Pros
lockeres Arbeiten, wirklich nette und lockere Charaktere. Teilweise Leute mit sehr tiefem Wissen.
Cons
man ist politischen Entscheidungen der Obrigkeiten ausgesetzt und muss "mitspielen"
Honestly an amazing place to work for entry level candidates however advancement is limitedwork days are either very busy or slowly productiveworkplace culture is alright
I am not recommend working with this company. Stress environment, boss is not good, he listened the one who is closing to him. No justice.colleague is not good, not help each other, self confident, no listen to other persons. No friendly atmosphere. I am not recommend this company to anyone I know.
Pros
good salary
Cons
good benifit
here is good experience to work with Dimension Data but the chance of grow in this company very less hence I wanna to shift the job with new MNC. Ready to relocate also.
There are third party payroll, where you will be squeezed. Under DD payroll, life is good. Being sincere will let you grow up and the management is very supportive.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Pay unless you’re at DD payroll
effective and competitive environment. workplace culture depend on client environment. Management depend on your own boss. Hardest part is too many competitive engineer. You have to keep yourself upgrade
Pros
good for career growth
Cons
Not for long term
I have been here several years and there is not much opportunity to advance for people of color. My managers are not involved in my day to day. In fact I’m ignored most of the time and not included in important job related communications.
Pros
Cons
U will not advace
As a new high school grad I worked as an IT help desk with dimension data. Work was easy but their is no allowance for work life balance especially when I was also caring for my sick mother at the time.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No regards for your private family issues
There is no room to grow. I would not recommend it if you want to grow in your career.you are just an employee number that can be replaced at any moment without warning.
It was good while it lasted but not a career move if you want to develop and move around within the company.. The hours where good with an hour for lunch. But there where no other benefits..
Volvería a trabajar en DD, grato ambiente laboral.
My first day of work my manager sent me links to about 12 websites and said start with this. Of course, each of those websites had hundreds of pages. That was my introduction to the job.
Loved working for this company, Great place to learn, fast paced environment, ample opportunities to grow. you can get exposed to different business functions and regions.
I love working for DD now known as NTT. In my opinion workers are supported. The pay is good and there are plenty of growth opportunities. Everyone is very helpful and always willing to lend a hand or answer your questions. Senior leadership prioritizes the employees as well as the overall business which is rare with most companies. This is probably the best company I've ever worked for in many aspects.