Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Network Engineer

Fun place to work at.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 September 2017
A day at work would comprise of dealing with issues on a daily basis, when not dealing with issues, possibly reading up on new technology and efficient way of doing things and quickening process to ensure easier deployments.

Hardest part of the job would be teaching people but parting ways due to them receiving better opportunities especially if you've invested quite a bit of time into people.

Enjoyable part is where a project ends and the results is exactly what was expected.
Pros
Career advancement
extraa pressure to support 24x7
Network Engineer L1 (Former Employee) –  Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh9 September 2017
If we talk about salary then this company is very cheap to provide good salary to its lower employees ( L1 Engineers ) overall very tough job here....
Pros
you will learn alot here and salary comes on time
Cons
you will have to work for 24x7 policy no excuses at all
Good working infra
Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu20 August 2017
Working culture is very good and also have career growth. Work load is very low and free place to learn new technology. No one can force to do the work
Great for a fresher
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka4 June 2017
Work as a network engineer in any MNC is exciting. At my current workplace, I face technical challenges on a daily basis. Working on Cisco IOS platform is the beneficial factor for my career. Break-fix issues, new implementations consume major part of my day. Sometimes its tiring conversing with chinese, japnese and south east asian clients due to the language barrier, but if you have the passion for resolving complex technical issues and can build a good rapport with your counterpart, life gets easier.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
12hour shifts
Learning field
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Port Harcourt27 May 2017
Dimension data is a nice and standard company to work with.
The work pressure is considerable and there is room for growth only if you are willing.
The only challenge between myself and Dimension data is the length of the contract.
Pros
Early salary payment, good health insurance.
Long hours, lack of recognition, advancement
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA19 May 2017
Workplace culture is, well, "overwork your employees and then do it some more." Long hours on a rushed project that didn't go very well had everyone at their breaking points most of the time.
Excellent Company
Network Activation Engineer Cloud Technology (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire, UK26 April 2017
Nearly everyone walks round with a smile really nice location to work, no training but staff train instead, great company to work for, I recommend...
Pros
Great Canteen
Cons
Team leadert falls asleep during meetings
No growth
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  JAMMU AND KASHMIR20 April 2017
I was working in urban as well as rural areas of india for almost around a year there.
There was no growth in terms of knowledge as well as in as financial way.
Resolving new Networking challenges in day to day life at client end
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh14 March 2017
• Implementation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting of WAN & LAN network for client i.e. Andhra Bank.
• Interacting with clients, understanding their needs & providing technical support to clients for all tickets raised, by remotely troubleshooting their network or by visiting at client end.
• Configuring & maintaining the AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting).
• Commissioning and Maintenance of Leased line, ISDN & V-sat.
• Maintains coordination with all teams at Data center, Field engineer & Client end to resolve all network related issues
No job satisfaction
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 March 2017
Their no growth in learning when it comes to network
Challenging and founding ideas never exist.
One of the main reason is what u get in dimension data that is not challenging
Good place for beginners
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka21 December 2016
An amazing place to work with best heads in the industry. A great learning experience and employee friendly management. Had technically skilled colleagues to work with, improved learning curve
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra21 October 2016
As a network engineer, we have to take care of day to day calls of user related issue, we have to monitor link status. If link goes down then we have to coordinate with respective ISP .
Very knowledgeable
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai18 October 2016
learned lot of things in networking
hardest part of the job is my salary
all my co-workers are very supportive and i gained some good knowledge from them
Dimension Data
Network Engineer L1 (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu23 September 2016
In this company made me a career growth towards achievement and i have learnt many things in my life such as skills, knowledge, experience and joyness.

now totally i had 2 years experience in the field of networking and i look forward to next level for my career growth.
Best work culture
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka12 August 2016
DD offers a best work culture in the IT industry and everyone will get an opportunity to learn and excel. It's a best company to start ones carrier in IT industry.
Pros
Free weekend breakfast and every day evening snacks
Cons
No transportation facility for employees who work on shifts. Low salary
Productive in base of knowledge
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu23 April 2016
I have learned a lot regarding networking.
full and full of networks
Management is bad but co-workers are very helpful and they teach each and every thing from basics
Networking job very good company
Network Engineer L1 (Current Employee) –  Agartala, Tripura15 April 2016
Very good It networking knowledge gathered place , good customer relationship creating place , high network topology adapting place but company having low salary proving policy due to OFF role policy taking instead of several years working .
Pros
Na
Cons
na
Great Exposure and Caring Management
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Singapore7 March 2016
The most i loved about this company is Peoples culture and the management. Staffs have the high freedom to express their interests towards the technology, products that they wanted to explore and conquer. DD will always do their best to accommodate their staff interests and encourage to achieve it.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Working hours sometimes
Good gear for feshers
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calicut, Kerala9 February 2016
Maksys Technology is a leading provider of comprehensive end-to-end enterprise IT solutions, specializing in
IT infrastructure, applications, consulting, outsourcing and support services. And improve organisations
operations, large and small, through our selected services, delivering security, mobility and productivity
Pros
free vehicle including petrol
Good
network support engineer (Current Employee) –  Mayiladuthurai,Tamilnadu11 January 2016
Traveling is Most enjoyable in work,and we have a nice environment with good and Tallented persons of my company.Learnt many things abt life and work.
Pros
Cons
Long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.