Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Technical Support Specialist

Typical Call center atmosphere
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC30 April 2014
Typical day at work, I come in and check emails and proceed to taking calls while creating help desk tickets for fortune 500 companies
Basically Un-Organized
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC9 February 2014
This project I was on sells it's self as ITIL compliant but clearly is not it will agree to anything to please the customer. With absolutely no process in place for the basics of serving the customers, making the workers fell fearful of incompetence in serving customers.
Pros
Nice people who say the right thing, and knowledgeible co-workers.
Cons
Un-organized basic projects with no scope creep management
hmmm god Experiance with ma staff ve fun,kidding,flirting etc,,,,
Service Desk Associate network engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA3 December 2013
i learned much about networking and how to handle clients as wel as ma Senior authorities.

management will provide some limit of options and offer,venot much.

co-workers are very help full for me.

i didnt thing so its hard and al

Mailing and trouble shooting.
Pros
no offer's
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Service Desk Associate/Telco (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA22 November 2013
A good company with, a gud working environment and friendly colleagues
Pros
Free lunch, sports
Productive and fun.
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Sandton1 October 2013
I work in an professional office\contact centre environment. we deal with telephony and e-mail client queries and everyday we faced with different challenges. My managers and col-workers are always willing to assist. the hardest part of my job is lack of skill or Knowledge when it comes to certain or different accounts and it's processes. I'm part of a team that is friendly, hard working and always willing to assist when faced with difficulties makes my job more enjoyable.
Pros
Big Chill area, Canteen, Gym, and school nearby.
Cons
Long Hours
my co workers
Service Desk Agent/Cisco IPT Adfministrator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC19 September 2013
My team was very active and very supportive, I ;earned a lot as we were supporting a big company from all over the world
Pros
working for a big company with benefits
Cons
working with poeple from abroad that sometimes dont understand what you saying, or you cannot understand
Pretty good place
Service Desk Associate / Operator (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA1 July 2013
Not too bad hard working overnights but it has its benefits. I would prefer a normal work schedule at this time in my life due to family related issues.
Pros
Work with people all over the world
Cons
There are a few things but I can discuss it later
Young energetic , willing to work flexible hours and a go getter.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP20 June 2013
I log calls and troubleshoot Desktop and network issues.
I used to support Nampak Product Limited in South Africa and Mid Africa.
I did remote support
I had access to AD and would administer printer , passwords and user account on the Citrix application.
Pros
Mome
Cons
Outsourced (from Standard bank to Dimension Data)
Remote support technician (Service desk) (Former Employee) –  JHB27 March 2013
At first glance moving from the banking industry to a more refined field of Information Technology in the form of a I.T. company excited me to my core, dispite it being under the outsourcing banner. While responsible for the day to day desktop support at the bank, moving to a I.T. company would both increase my knowledge and skills in my profession and also give me a wider range of choice to advance in my I.T. carreer. However, that being said i frowned at my new role in the new company as in my view it was a step backwards in my carreer, moving from a senior desktop engineer to a service desk technician. Dispite being the only senior engineer on the team & having the privilegde of training and leading the rest of the team with my skills and knowledge i was unable to endure the harsh & regit atmosphere of a service desk and coupled with a poor management methodology increased my feeling of stagnation and hindrance to growth in my carreer.
The Overall atmosphere of the company as a whole seemed great, and ex colluegues who were outsourced too seemed to excell in the various "other" departments they were placed in where i longed to be part of such great teams.
I now seek a company that can give me just that: an open minded management methodology who can enhance the growth and potential of tallented individuals such as myself. Dimension Data could have been great but i was wrongly placed and had to move on.

I am a deadline driven, open minded & fast paced individual who seeks carreer growth.
Pros
fast pace company
Cons
poor management methodologies
Productive environment
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Gabba Bryanston johannesburg14 January 2013
A typical day at work involves answering calls related to client IT related problems. E.g password resets, server session reloads, mail marshall administration. I have learned how to prioritise my work, how to distinguish between incidents and problems. New Management was rather autocratic. My co-workers give their all at all times and working with them is pure bliss. The hardest part of the job is having to keep users calm when systems go down and they are desperately trying to get work done on their side. The most enjoyable part is resolving client issues and getting to see emails users send in expressing their gratitude for the time taken to assist them. Learning new things is also part of the fun.
Pros
none.
Cons
autocratic management. stringent rules on petty matters.
Service based company
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA16 August 2012
Solid place to gain technical knowledge, while simultaneously developing customer service skills. Multitude/variety of issues are provided daily, making for an entertaining area office to work in.

Strict, but manageable managers. As long as you handle your work, you won't have any issues to deal with.
Productive invironment
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannessbirg5 July 2012
My typical day at work consists of assisting users, mainly password resets and updating information on the AD systems

And I am learning patience, because with the lie of work I’m in now the users we support at times you need that bit of patience to successfully resolve users problem.

Management, well from what I have experienced is that the management has an open door policy and we maintain Constance communication with our manager of which it’s a good thing

And my co-workers are always ready and willing to assist if you get stuck with an issue or need assistance resolving users query

The hardest part of the job, I would say when you know that you can assist the user and you having communications breakdown, or lack of resources to assist

And the Enjoyable part of the job, is when you get positive feedback from the clients that you have assistance, and you get a 5star service rating on your survey
Pros
ddu online study base
Cons
none that i can think of
Revamping the server Room
Remote Support Analyst\Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg4 July 2012
Dimensiondata
Its a good place to work for, but i have been here for a longtime and i need a change,we are working as a team and being appreciated when you have done a good job.
Pros
free lunch after a hard work
Cons
working overtime