Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Off-site
L3-Senior network engineer (Former Employee) –  Brynston11 February 2019
I was placed on site site at customer and spent little time in the company. I guess becaouse of its footprint there are opportunities open globally for technical posts.
Pros
Not approachable
Cons
Not having a direct report.
Great people
Director (Former Employee) –  United States9 February 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job - the people
Great pay and benefits
Volunteer opportunities; 16 paid hours to volunteer per year
PTO days paid
Client facing travel opportunities
Pros
Salary and benefits, bonus program
Cons
Worklife balance was a struggle due to the workload
Enjoyable project work but there are management issues!
Network Engineer (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 February 2019
I enjoyed carrying out the project work, which had me travelling locally to client sites. I was working with remote engineers, some who were in other states/ or even countries, and they were all great to get along with and knowledgeable and helpful. When not carrying out project work, I was in the local office, either preparing for upcoming projects or online training. I was also sent to many vendor training/ and presentations. The other engineers in the office were great to work with, and friendly, so we all frequently spoke to one another while in the office.

There are managerial problems, even to the extent where staff members are bullied.
Working hours became increasingly long, with many out of hours working weekend.
The office is dull, and depressing.
Not enough support is offered to the Engineers, not locally in the office anyway.
Engineers are overworked and over utilised, with very little appreciation for the work that they do.
The office and the work slowly drained the life out of me, and other Engineers!

After leaving the company, I had very little confidence left due to the managements feedback to my work (all of which was praised by the Project Managers!). I have spoken to other Engineers while working for this company, and since leaving, who have all experienced the same. This really needs to be reviewed.
Pros
Great project work, Latest technology exposure, good salary.
Cons
Poor management, bullying, overworked with no appreciation. No work life balance!
Career and personal growth
Business Operations Manager, Business Optimization (Current Employee) –  Auckland3 February 2019
Dimension Data pushes me to use my fullest potential. It challenges me all the time to go outside my comfort zone and that's why I am learning a lot from this company.
Busy environment-Cisco Reseller
Workflow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MA1 February 2019
Bsuy Cisco reseller and maintenance providor, Managed and maintained Cisco equipment and telephony products for major fortune 500 companies. Throughout the entire world they have a footprint on almost every continent
Good work Culture
Network Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka18 January 2019
Technical growth is good . Life balance and job satisfaction good . Managements are also good .

Technical growth is good . Life balance and satisfaction good
Challenging
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire18 January 2019
Every day was different and there were always new challenges to be overcome. I worked with a dedicated team of people who always got the job done on time.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long Hours
Used to be a trusted, productive, adn fun place to work.
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA16 January 2019
I have been there 17 years and for 16 of them they were very enjoyable and we were constantly rated one of the top 5 Companies to work for. Since the most recent CEO has taken over the sales targets have not been met and the monthly "All Hands" calls provided nothing about the financial numbers and the trouble we are in. From one Friday with a RA-RA call to the following Wednesday 200+ people were shocked with the layoff.

No longer a Top 5 place to work...
Dimension Data is awesome
eCommerce Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA14 January 2019
Dimension Data is an awesome place to work. However it such a big company navigating the company to find new opportunities can be hard. We start our day with a daily standup where we summarize our work from the previous day, and what we intend to accomplish for the current day. We then get to work. The team is distributed globally so we communicate via slack and email. The company values indeed depends upon self motivated people who are able to thrive in an autonomous yet team oriented environment.
Pros
excellent compensation, opportunities to learm
Cons
project base work in a large gloabally distributed company, difficult to find stability
Driven organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Virtual14 January 2019
The culture has been one of inclusivity and people first which is fantastic. Very motivated, and driven organization that, although a big company, operates like a startup in many ways. Some of the most talented folks to work with in the industry as well. Although over the last few years that has changed a bit with the constant change in leadership which isn't ideal long term. Moreover, there is a lack of focus and the business has spread itself too thin with too many goals.
Great work culture
Full-time Intern (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 January 2019
I had a really nice internship at Dimension Data and learnt many new skills. Made many friends and new connections. Loved the workplace culture and would love to go back and work here in the future.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Unpaid Internship
Ambiente stimolante
Facility Cordinator (Current Employee) –  Peschiera Borromeo, Lombardia13 January 2019
Azienda in forte espansione, con grandi margini di miglioramento in tutti i settori, facilità di comunicazione con tutti i livelli, buona organizzazione aziendale
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
stress
"Accelerate your ambition"
Client Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC12 January 2019
Workplace culture can vary depending on office location. Overall, people are great to work with! Can be hard to manage work/life balance based on the role and responsibility you hold. Opportunity for career advancement, especially if you connect yourself with the "right" people. Time off is great, benefits are good. Compensation could be better - those hired externally often come in with higher pay or replace veterans that have been with the company for a long tenure.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Recognition awards/programs could be better utilized, Same people in top executive management are promoted
Good company to work for
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Fleet10 January 2019
When I worked for Dimension Data the ethos was work hard play hard.

It is a good company to work for as they genuinely care about the staff and provided good benefits to loyal staff members.

Unlike other organisations I have worked for they are good communicators and keep staff up to date on a regular basis. There are many long-serving employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours dependent on role
Workday
Proactive Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Work from home10 January 2019
I would start each day by review emails and pertinent client events. If SIEM events or vendor notifications resulting in actions I would document specifics for the monthly and quarterly reports and open tickets for any actions needed by other teams. I would review specific client environments for events, health, and trending; Looking at every aspect of an asset from Hardware, Software, Operations, Availability, Performance and Compliance. All information would be documented in a monthly report. I would attend client meeting giving weekly or monthly reports as to the status of their security systems.
Pros
Work from home
Dimension Data Review
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg8 January 2019
Typical day involves the looking after the various clients.

Learned that I wanted to move into Azure / virtualization side of microsoft

Management tended not to listen to much to employees.

Work place culture was one where things were boring.

Hardest part of the job was arriving at work

The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure clients got what they paid for.
Pros
making sure the clients were happy
Cons
Working in an enviroment where it was managments way or no way at all
Outsourced Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal7 January 2019
A very productive work environment always busy, Management was on the ball and always willing to listen and assist where necessary. Although more attention to people would be a plus.
Private
Project Manager & Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Private4 January 2019
HR and Line managers at dd are not aligned effectively.

Too many managers at the company are uneducated and lack skills.

The company is truly TOP Heavy.
Pros
exsposure to IOT
Cons
Lacks Validaton and Respect.
Very good work pace
Avaya System Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Africa2 January 2019
Dimension Data was an amazing place to work for. The culture was very good and all the people was world class.
Working for them was an excellent experience.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Work/Life Balance was horrible
OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2018
The expectation was to work double the hours without any compensation. When you finally take a step back be careful not to lose your job. I'm sure its a great company, just not when I worked for them.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Big company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.