Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Anon (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 October 2018
Pretty nice place pretty nice people. Seemingly a culture that promotes from within. Good employees and some super talent. Good luck with this company, they have a lot to offer.
Be wary
Linux Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA31 October 2018
I worked at Dimension Data for 3+ years. My direct management was excellent. Be wary of upper management in other countries. The entire US/UK and Canada workforce was suddenly laid off and our job responsibilities transferred to our India team.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
being laid off suddenly without warning left a bitter taste in my mouth. No class to this company.
Great management and workplace culture
Linux System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA30 October 2018
Throughout my time at Dimension Data I felt respected and had constant support from my team and management. The company would routinely have outings for all of its employees which would allow us to deflate and get to know our fellow colleagues. My day consisted of touching base with not only my clients but also my team to update them on any improvements or suggestions I had to better the environments. Coming from a start up and joining the Dimension Data team I did find it a challenge acclimating myself to the additional protocols in place. Overall my tenure at Dimension Data was fulfilling and gave me the opportunity to find my passion in the field of systems engineering.
Pros
Casual environment, collaberative teams
Cons
Few learning options for technical positions.
Workplace Culture
Sr. Client Director - Global Accounts (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL29 October 2018
Culture is good. I have enjoyed my time working for DD. DD has a strong work and life balance and company is overall a solid player in the market. Great place to work.
nice
Senior Systems Engineer/Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2018
They offer an excellent opportunity to work on some of the lower mainland's signature projects, with a lot of company infrastructure in place. The hours are flexible, allowing leave for appointments or illness.
very fun and joyous environment
Senior Service Desk Agent Merchants (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng25 October 2018
its a busy environment but there a culture they have built making it fun and a stress free environment as they know that this environment and work can be stressful so they always trying to make work enjoyable
Pros
dress code
Cons
hours
Productive and Relaxed Work environment
Service Delivery Support Engineer (L3) (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng25 October 2018
As long as work is completed on time there are no problems and you can relax until the next call comes in. No worries about tattoo's or piercings. Monthly the management arranges some kind of event for the employee's to take part in which is fun.
Pros
Events often take place
Cons
Lots of overtime if work needs to get done.
Enjoyed my 17 years there.
VP/Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC24 October 2018
Was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the interaction and support from my fellow employees. They offered many different training programs and encouraged taking advantage of opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Ability to work remotely was a key benefit for my position.
Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC24 October 2018
My position afforded me the opportunity to multi task/role. However, very poor leadership and zero career advancement within the marketing organization.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
poor leadership, career advancement, no title recognition
deal with large and complex client requirement
Technical Director, Software Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
Lots of challenging problem to deal with.

The hardest part is to deal with lots of projects but not enough resources.

Work life balance is not ideal
Great workplace culture with opportunities to grow
Contracts and Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lagos, NG16 October 2018
The company has a great workplace culture with opportunities to grow. Access to numerous valuable online training materials. Proper recognition and appreciation for outstanding contribution to company in terms of upholding company values and contribution to client business.
fun workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  gauteng, bryanston15 October 2018
i learn lots of system and technical finance skills. opportunity for growing are lots. the company is big and willing to give their everyone a chance
Pros
year end function
Cons
normal
excellent
"IT NETWORK ENGINEER" (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana10 October 2018
company has so many talented employees in different departments so that they can respond instantly to their client without fail 24*7 .and good working environment.
Overall Good Experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2018
My time at DD has been overall good. I would however say they are currently going through a period of change - which has led to certrain things many are less happy with
Great Work Environment
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX24 September 2018
I worked for Dimension Data for 1 year. They bought out the company I worked for. We were promised 1 year from the date of the merger, we would be employed. 1 year to the date they started laying people off.50-75 at a time. From what I understand, there are very few left that worked for the company I worked for..
Pros
Great salary and benifits
Cons
Could be laid off any day without warning
internship
IT Consultant ( Internship) (Former Employee) –  Lavender23 September 2018
it is green technology with green networking system, able to gain new knowledge on IT networking system and security. friendly and team work environment.
Pros
teamwork
Great company!
Junior Internal Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire20 September 2018
DD have been a great company to work for, with the option to work from home and work flexible hours and plenty of opportunity to travel - the IT services industry just isn’t for me!
Good work environment
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VA16 September 2018
Good work environment, but would like more room for growth within the company. I enjoyed the people I work with but sometimes I feel like there needs to be more communication between management and employees.
Ein untergehendes Schiff
Sachbearbeiter (Former Employee) –  Bad Homburg vor der Höhe11 September 2018
Das Management ist mehr damit beschäftigt den Mitarbeitern Steine in den Weg zu legen als sich an das zu halten was laut Unternehmenszielen propagiert wird. War vor 8 Jahren ein toller Arbeitsplatz, jetzt bloß die Finger davon lassen.
Cons
Ein Termin beim nächsten Therapeuten ist sicher!
Ótima empresa para se trabalhar
Gerente de Projetos Sênior (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP30 August 2018
Empresa voltada para o empregado e muito sólida;
Oportunidade de aprendizagem;
Cultura excelente.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.