Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

I worked for 2 years at Dimension Data as Associate Client Manager. I really enjoyed the dynamic environnement and the management very close the team member.

The people are nice.
I took a contract with DD because it enabled me to use and Learn Enterprise level monitoring software. I worked with people on three continents at all times. I enjoyed the people.
Pros
Learning new software
Cons
Small office
This company is a strong player around the world and especially in South Africa, but they are not good in the US and have closed most of their offices.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Pay and benefits
Lacked in team atmosphere
Mismanaged at top end from higher management

Team lead was fantastic

Learned a lot about excel

Late hours

volatile workload
Pros
Great team lead
Cons
Tense atmosphere
I worked for America Online which was located at Dimension Date. We provided Americans with internet access, if they failed to pay we would cut off their connections and they would then have to make payment arrangements with us to get connected again.
Workplace culture was the best about the company as we worked night shift and there was always a buzz at night.

The hardest part about the job was when clients called and they would swear at us because we cut off their internet access.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Long awkward hours
Work from home options provide nice flexibility and the company provides excellent PTO time that increases annually. There are lots of technical and sales oriented learning/training resources available to employees who want to excel. Great people in all offices.
The process has changed the way to often without understanding why change is needed. DD is going through a merger and DD team is not in line with our partner company the current plan is non-functional without any true game plan the employees are feeling the pain. Some have been laid off and some are leaving because the place was a great place to work but with all the change the sr. the team is not keeping the lines of communication open and staying true to there words.
Pros
great people
Cons
life balance
-A typical day at work
store users support located in Japan

-what you learned

team's work

-management

excellent

-workplace culture

open

-the hardest part of the job

level2 escalation

-the most enjoyable part of the job

end user's satisfaction
As a trainer/facilitator, i need to ensure that my objectives for the day is set out.
i need to ensure that i cover the day's content and that my learners have a clear understanding of what was trained.
Pros
working hours
Cons
leadership
The division I was in was mostly.night shift. Wouldn't be ideal.for a family man/woman. They needed you to.work weekends as per international client demand was high.
Pros
Great food at the cafeteria
Cons
When you sleepy by 4am and still have 2hours left of your shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dimension Data?
Holiday as client wants. No work limit, no didicated time intervals, when you go to the field on work no lunch no time period and no any transportation support by the company. No increment on the behalf of performance.
Pros
Cons
Depends on work load
Great company to work for. Relaxed environment and exceptional leadership. As long as you do your job, work life is very stress less. I recommend this company to anyone.
The work culture and the people make this one of the greatest places to work, the experience gained is invaluable and there are many avenues to pursue.

The one area that needs work is the retention of good staff and helping to guide staff "new" to corporate, on their career options and allowing them to have a more holistic view.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
High pressure
Great working environment because of the other employees there. People welcomed us even though we were from different departments and do not even know each other but they are all friendly.
Learned various skills. Most of the work is outsourced. Generally take very less people on its payroll. Work culture is good. In terms of travelling allowances and other perks they pay well.
Pros
Travelling allowances.
Cons
Clients were very demanding.
Abundant in learnings although at times there are too much information. Cross functional teams are engaged. Professionalism is excellent. Everyone is driven in achieving targets.
Being an IT consulting firm, you meet a lot of professional while at work.
The privileged of working around different sectors like Bank, telecom etc developed my confident in meeting people.
One of the best indian based IT company for long period of work
work culture and timing is healthy.

work place and campus greenish.

need to improve management
Pros
good management
Cons
nothing
Management don't recognize nor accept blame for anything, nor listen to advice from staff.

Management don't communicate with staff and news of what is happening is typically heard through the press media or grapevine before management send out any communication to staff.

Management cut backs (1/3+ of staff gone in past 6 months and not replaced) has left Di Data in a state where it is not possible to provide a quality service to customers.
Pros
Some very clever people who work very hard to keep the customers with DiData, Very friendly workforce (mostly) at shop floor level, Online training is available at no cost
Cons
If you like working 12+ hours each day then this is the place for you, Don't expect management to recognize your efforts, The workload is obscene and unachievable, you will be blamed by management when you don't achieve the impossible, Lack of staff to get the job done
Dimension Data is a company specialising in information technology services. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, the company maintains operations on every inhabited continent. Dimension Data focuses on services including network integration, security and data centers. The company is the official technology partner of the Tour de France, the Vuelta a España and also sponsors a team of the same name

Tasks Currently handling in Dimension Data :

 Administration of IPCenter monitoring tool [Configuration/Deployment/Troubleshooting of Service Checks] deployed for more than 30 clients across various regions [Europe,Americas,Asia Pacific,EMA,Australia]

 Implementing deploying service checks with various parameters with respect to latest technologies [[Operating System,HyperVisor,SAN Switches,Storage Array,Balde System, Converged Architechture,Data Domain,Brocade Switches,HP 3 PAR,Bullion Hardware etc..]

 Configuring base line thresholds

 Take lead position and Distributing workloads with in the team and managing the resources within MSEN and MSDC services

 In case of service check failures, perform necessary recovery procedures

 Analyze and escalate Client issues with in monitoring tool

 Analyze/backup/monitor various system logs (VMware, web server, application server, etc.)

 Working on Implementing CA UIM Product for Managed Services Datacenter Platform monitoring and Managed Services Network Platform and Collaboration Services

 Integrations done with CA UIM with Service Now

 Integratinos done with IPcenter with Service Now

 Keep travelling Johannesburg,
 - more...
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
no technical tools, all technical tasks carried out on Service Now
Very good company. we arelly enjoyed as family to work with Dimension Data. good network exposure . understand problem of every collegue

we ahve all major network client and managing all cisco equipment and handling client expectation

our culure and diversity is very unique.
Pros
Well organised Company. good exposure and very much familier with Mangegement
Cons
nothing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.